“Will definitely stay again”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #47 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I've stayed at an Apex hotel before so was really pleased to hear that this was where I was staying on a business trip. I knew my room would be comfortable and relaxing, I would probably have a bath in my room, and, oh yes, a rubber duck!
Seriously though, this hotel is fantastic, the bed was comfortable, I had a great view from the sixth or seventh floor (I can't remember which) and I could see a skyline of offices, and the tip of the gherkin, a great view, it was clean, I had everything I needed, and a good night's sleep which I guess is the most important thing.
Breakfast was good too, I think perhaps the staff need to work a little on efficiency, but that's my only little niggle, and that isn't even really a niggle is it?

Room Tip: Some of my colleagues had rooms on lower floors which didn't have such a lovely view of the city...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Excellent hotel. Consulted Trip Advisor for a hotel in the City and was pleased to see it met its rating (#16 at the time, in London!). Clean, modern and very well appointed rooms. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable staff. Would stay again. Only minor gripe was settling down to relax over a possible brunch in the small but attractive hotel cafe but with a hotel manager holding a charmless meeting with some suppliers on the next table. Why would they do that? Seemed to be plenty of other business orientated rooms available (as advertised). We decided to go elsewhere. Don't let this (hopefully) rare event put you off though. A good find. 9/10. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Uktravellerguy
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This is an excellent hotel, with a full range of amenities. It is new, very clean, and the service is beyond reproach. The bathroom was large, with a bath and a separate shower. It is located very close to Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations. The area itself is excellent, though very quiet of an evening. It is close to the Bank of England and also St Pauls. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in london.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, and it's quiet. Room 527 is at the end of the corridor away from the lift an...
3  Thank blaghaus
Reviewed 25 December 2011

As this hotel is in the business district of the City, the area is full of workers during the week and has a great business vibe but is nearly deserted on the weekend. It is only 2 min walk to the tube and you can also walk to St Paul's Cathedral and the Museum of London. The hotel itself is clean and modern with a great bathroom and good (free) wifi. As a tourist, I would probably not stay here again purely because of the location. For business it would be ideal. This chain has a new hotel opening in April 2012- Apex Temple Court- which is just off Fleet Street, much closer to the action. I would not hesitate to try that hotel next time I come to London!

Room Tip: We had a high floor with a small balcony.
1  Thank GotTheTshirt_32
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We visit London as often as we can for weekend breaks and used to stay in the Marriot County Hall. This is now an expensive extravagance so we used tripadvisor to find a suitable alternative...and I'm SO glad we chose to stay here. Why would you stay anywhere else in London when you can stay at Apex London Wall?
From walking into reception late on Friday evening the experience was excellent. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful gentleman on reception. Our standard room was extremely good value for money; large, comfortable, clean, well thought out and very well equipped with a great bathroom, particularly the huge shower and the large, fluffy white towels. The crisp white sheets were immaculately clean and the mattress and pillows extremely comfortable. Small touches like the free paper, Pringles and Jellybeans, and the rubber duck in the bathroom were much appreciated.
We also like the fact that it's in the City so it's quiet at the weekend. We enjoy walking so the fact it is further out than we're used to wasn't a problem; in fact it gave us a different perspective and we visited places we haven't been before, such as Petticoat Lane and Spittalfields markets. However if you don't want to walk there are tube stops close by.
On Sunday we spent a couple of hours in the bar before our taxi took us to the station and the girl who served us was lovely - everyone we encountered there during our stay was friendly and polite.
It takes a lot for me to give effusive positive feedback as I'm a bit fussy and like things to be just right! So the fact I completed a guest satisfaction card highlights how much I enjoyed my stay here. Now we know how good this hotel is we will ensure we stay here whenever we visit London. It's a great experience and extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: I hope to experience a superior room at some point, but our 'standard' room was far from sta...
2  Thank MymyaTodmorden
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We chose to stay at this hotel following reading reviews and receiving an excellent rate. As previously mentioned, the rooms are lovely and the location is excellent. My one big disappointed was where our room was positioned. We were on a low floor and the noise from the traffic was intolerable, even at a weekend. Our bed was also very hard and uncomfortable. I mentioned the noise of the traffic the following day, when asked by staff at breakfast and they were aware of this problem on lower floors. Following departure, I e-mailed the manager of my concerns, which were immediately dismissed infering that they had had no other complaints about these issues. When I further mentioned that the issue of the hard mattress had been previously mentioned on trip-advisor on more than one occassion, although the manager then agreed, I did not receive any apology or compensation. As the issue of the traffic noise was simply dismissed, I did suggest that the manager spent the night in the same room in order to make an informed comment, but as yet am not aware that he has.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank helen_dewilde
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Mrs De-Wilde,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and for our recent email communications confirming your intentions for a return visit in the near future.

I was delighted to read of your positive comments regarding our high quality room product and that you enjoyed our excellent location, but were concerned to note the comments highlighting your dissatisfaction with the traffic disturbances and the discomfort of your mattress.

I noted from your communications in August with the previous Hotel Manager that he wished to stress that your experiences regarding the noise levels are certainly not typical and that as with a number of previous reviews, the majority of our guests are often delighted with the quality rest solution we offer as a city centre location. I understand that unfortunately during the time of your stay, building works were taking place at an office site opposite the hotel and this may have further impacted on the amount of traffic noise encountered.

Thank you for your feedback concerning the mattress and whilst many of our customers comment on their comfort, I appreciate that this is subjective and a matter of personal choice. I am sorry this did not meet your expectations but am pleased to advise that we will be making available mattress comforters on request for those customers wishing to have a more cushioned sleep.

I look forward to receiving your reservation requirements for your future stay where I am confident we will be in a position to redress your initial experiences.

Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Apex London Wall Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Simon Davis

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Only 2 years old and it shows. Overall a very nice hotel at very reasonable rates for Central London. Location is great - 3 minute stroll to Moorgate tube station, and 5 minute walk to Liverpool St tube & rail station. Very nice massive bathroom (I was in a Superior Room) with a huge bath tub and lovely big shower.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Only downside was the pillows - I didn't like them, but then I also didn't bother to ask reception if there were any others available.

2  Thank MarkTBrizzy