“Very good one night stay”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here in February on a business trip, couldn't get into Threadneedles at an remotely affordable price, loved the Apex. Very friendly staff, super comfortable room with very nice touches

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Apex London Wall Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great staff, very well appointed rooms, fabulous bathroom. The coffe / tea making facilities, as always, really vex me. If you are paying £300+ a night for a hotel room, then surely you should be able to have whatever the hell coffee you want whenever you want. Why do all hotels have this two sachets of average coffee and that's your lot rule? Drives me insane. Anyway, felt really comfortable here and would recommend to anyone.

PS English breakfast one of the best I've had anywhere. £10 well spent. Question mark on previous review - you spend £300+ on a room and then complain about the breakfast being £10????

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I recommend this hotel. However, the hotel is located in the business area of London, there is not much around for tourists. Luckily it is easy to catch a taxi.

If breakfast is not included, expect to pay a lot for it, we choose to eat out breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Nothing at all to complain about with this hotel. It was very modern with nice stylish rooms, very helpfull staff, clean, nice comfy beds, quiet. It was just a few minutes walk from Liverpool street station which suited us very well as we flew with Ryan air and took a late train directly to liverpool street station. Perhaps not ideal for shopping or sightseeing if you prefer walking distance but as the tube was so close by it did not matter for us at all.
The breakfast was not included in our booking but we took it anyway and don't regret it. It was really good and they had everything although it was no buffet, and the staff were very attentive. Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I spent a weekend at ALW and couldn't have been more pleased.

The online booking form (completed months ago) asked if I had any special requests. I'd read a TA tip to ask for an inner room to avoid noise - but I love street noise, a room facing onto a courtyard makes me feel I've been walled up. So I specified an outer room, adding "What I'd really like is an outer room with a balcony and a city view but hey....." - and that's what they gave me, which amounted to a complimentary, double upgrade to a deluxe room on the 7th floor: balcony, super bed, blue-ray player, seating area, office area, wonderful bathroom with huge deep tub, giant shower, wonderful bathrobe and delightful blue duck.
I was also able to check in at 10:00. Normal checkout is noon, which means a nice, relaxed departure day.

Breakfast was very pleasant, and a change from the usual meat'n'cheese buffet in so many places. The whole place was spotlessly cleaned, and my bed was completely re-made after the 2nd night, even although I was only staying for 3.

The staff were courteous, efficient and polite; nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

I was born to live this way (I wish) and I certainly hope to do so again in the near future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ailidh
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night and it was quiet as the hotel is located down a quiet side street in a business area. The hotel was perfect and is just 2 minutes walk from Moorgate Tube.
We were considering an upgrade on arrival but the standard room was of such a high quality we didn't bother.
Spotlessly clean, everything provided including large TV with all Sky Sports channels (husband very pleased!).
Breakfast was included in our rate and was excellent. The hotel staff were cheerful and pleasant and they were happy to store our suitcases on the Sunday while we enjoyed London for the day.
We shall definitely come back to Apex London Wall. A great find.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jude0422
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed at the Apex for the weekend as a treat for my fiancé and was not disappointed. Standard room was lovely and had everything we needed, including the blue Apex rubber duck! Location was quiet but tube 2 mins round the corner. Staff were all friendly and helpful and was able to leave our bags before check in. Wished breakfast was included in the price as it was pricy for 2 people and not really anywhere else local. Buffet would have been preferable for breakfast rather than a fixed menu. Overall experience was fab and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012