“Fantastic”

Ranked #47 of 1,069 Hotels in London
durham
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed here over the new year for two nights and has a fantastic stay. I didn't give 4 stars for two very small reasons, firstly the pillows for us were far to soft and gave us neck ache and secondly the cleaner on the 2nd morning was very noisy. Our room was next to the cleaners cupboard and from 8am till 11am there was just a constant noise of doors banging and things being moved about etc. Dont let these put you off though as the hotel is amazing and staff very very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back all be it with a firmer pillow (but thats just personal preference). :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I needed a hotel close to the clients office and this one fit the bill perfectly.
It is a well presented clean and efficient hotel with all that I needed for my stay.
WIFI good (and free), complimentary newspaper, tea and coffee facilities with quality biscuits :)
Everything worked as it should, good quality towels and toiletries, plenty of TV channels.
Food was of a good standard and staff at breakfast were very courteous and attentive.
Overall a very good hotel for a my 3 day business trip and will use again in the future.
Only minor gripe is the mini bar prices (as with all hotels - how do they make up these prices?) so I didn't use it, and the lack of clarity on room rate at time of booking (it excluded VAT so the 20% addition was a bit of a shock)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at the Apex London Wall for one night and it was very good. Helpful service and everything you need for a business stay with complimentary wi-fi and short walk to everything within the City. The room was a bit small, but very comfortable beds and new interior and bathroom facilities. I can recommend this hotel for future guests.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Northants
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a long weekend with my wife (a birthday celebration) we had 3 nights (Friday to Monday) in a Junior Suite on the 4th Floor.

The hotel is situated on a quiet street (very quiet on a weekend) off of London Wall in the 'city' and therefore not around the more traditional 'tourist' sights. Though, this was known at time of booking and not an issue for us, as we are accustomed to London and navigating around.

The on-line booking process and price point was very easy and competitive - we were able to fix dates and get what I felt was a very reasonable cost for a 3 night stay. Check in was simple and easy, though nothing more than functional. Again, more than adequate for us...

The room was nice, of a good size, with split sleeping and lounge area - good quality furnishing and furniture. The bathroom was large, with a separate walk-in shower and bath. Good quality towels, dressing gowns and nice toiletries. Overall I was more than happy with the room.

We took breakfast on two mornings, cooked and continental, the quality (cooked to order) and quantity was very good – service was proficient and prompt but not outstanding (maybe more used to business guest during the week), this is by no means a criticism nor a complaint – just an observation. We had room service one evening – the options and variety I thought was very good – the food was a good to high standard, though smaller in portion size than possibly expected (again a minor observation) – price was reasonable and service very prompt. I would assume this promptness was because it was a weekend.

Room cleaning and ‘turn-down’ service was very efficient (though they did forget to turn down my wife’s side of the bed one evening – that amused us….) and quick – quality of work was good. The hotel does offer ‘loans’ of Blu Ray discs, with a few titles, which is a nice touch.

The surrounding area was quiet; the hotel noise was ‘average’ for foot traffic in corridors etc. Other room noise – we heard none, which is always welcome.

Check out was simple and efficient.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay – the hotel is very good and I would not hesitate to recommend to travellers, who are happy to stay more in the ‘city’ and travel out to the sights. I was happy from a ‘couples’ perspective on a weekend break, though I can see the hotel being busy and popular for business travel during the week.

It is certainly a hotel I would revisit both for work and pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My girlfriend booked this for me for my birthday and I can say that it was perfect. I cannot fault it in anyway. If I was being picky then I'd say that its not too central, but you've got moorgate, bank and Liverpool st station within a 5-7 minute walk. I would recommend this hotel without a question.
The room was big, bed was so comfortable. At the weekend it was like a ghost town so you're never THAT close to any hustle and bustle or convenience shops of any sort, a 5 minute walk and you will though. I can't see any reason why people wouldn't rate this a 5 star review, take my word for it, its fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Hayluke
Suffolk
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very friendly staff. Free parking at the front, weekends only (for about 8 cars...) Great location being a short walk for Moorgate tube station. 'Off the Wall' cocktail was great! Accommodation was very modern, clean and tidy! Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I and my partner booked this hotel based on the review from Tripadvisor, and we were more than happy with this decision. I cannot even say how amazing our stay was : comfy bed, well-decorated room and fantastic stuff...We simply loved it!! Thank you:-)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple