“Really good hotel, would recommend”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Nice room with balcony. Food was good and varied choice, free wifi, staff were really helpful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family. Good central location in the City and the nearest tube station is Moorgate and Bank. It was good value for money too, compared to other like for like hotels in the city. It is close to London Bridge and easy to get to all the major attractions.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy O

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I can't praise the hotel enough my wife, son and myself could not get over how clean, fresh and friendly this place is when arriving we had a nice, quick checking everyone from reception were very friendly , helpful and enthusiastic our room which was on the six floor was excellent spotlessly clean, ample space for the three of us and a very nice bathroom . Breakfast was very nice although a bit chaotic but no trouble at all .nice bar area and twenty four hour snacks available . Nice little gym which my son used special thanks to Alexandra very helpful and friendly once again thank you one and all at the staff from Apex London Wall we will be staying with you again in the future please don't change excellent Karen and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The rooms are very tastefully decorated.
Located in a very quiet environment, but it is also very central to the station!!!
The breakfast was very rich and delicious and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my grandma and both of us really liked it!

We booked a junior suite and we did not expected that it will be so luxurious. Separate living area, 2 tvs, bulgari toiletries, blu-ray player - this hotel have everything! Reception girls were really helpful and friendly! I really loved to chat with them(I think their names are Carmen and Alex)

Full English breakfast was very tasty, staff in restaurant - helpful and polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights on a business trip to London. If you are looking for a business hotel for the City (not to be confused with central London) it is almost perfect. Probably my biggest gripe is with the speed of the (free) WiFi. Frankly, I would rather pay up and have proper speed.

The location is great (London Wall & Moorgate), as it is smack in the middle of the City and near Bank and Moorgate underground stations. However, if you are there during the weekend there is absolutely nothing open nearby.

The hotel itself does not look like much from the outside but the rooms are modern (big plus!!), reasonably sized and with comfortable beds. There are also plenty of electric sockets for corporate road warriors. There is a small restaurant (food is ok, not great) and an even smaller gym. (One would struggle to swing the proverbial cat from its tail). Service is fairly friendly.

I probably will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My second time at the same hotel in 6 months and this time three nights for work. Generally good but as usual the devil is in the detail. It took three different codes and two trips to reception to finally get onto WiFi and then it requires a lenghty log on each time you want to use it. Feels very disorganised and antiquated.
The safe in my room did not work so coud'nt lock my stuff away until it was fixed on the second day as waiting for the maintenance guy was making me late for work. Surely the safe is checked each time the room is cleaned ?
Room good, was very kindly upgraded, it is quiet, very well appointed plus a great range of toiletries.
I used the gym this time which was fine but the aircon did not seem to work which put me off on my second day.
Food and service are good.
All in all fine but not as good as before and feels like things are slipping as is so often the case with British hotels. I will stay at the Apex London Wall again and would advise others to do so but it does need to be finessed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear BenS472,

Thank you for taking the time to review your second stay with us. Whilst delighted that you returned, we were disappointed that your visit was not as seamless as your first experience.

Please be assured that we have noted your comments concerning the lengthy log in time for the internet usage and we will be implementing measures to ensure this is addressed as a matter of urgency. I would like to apologise for the incident regarding the operation of your safe and the time taken to have resolved this. This feature is indeed checked daily as part of our final housekeeping room checks and I am disappointed that we appeared to have missed it on this occasion.

As you correctly pointed out our air conditioning supply to the gym had indeed failed during your visit. Our approved contractors have been contacted as a matter of urgency and we hope to have this resolved as soon as possible and apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. We have in the interim placed a number of standalone oscillating fans within the gym facility to ensure a more comfortable area in which to exercise.

We were delighted to note that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade along with the quality of our food and service throughout the duration of your stay and would like to assure you that the areas of concern you kindly highlighted, are not typical of the high standards we strive to deliver and indeed what you have witnessed previously.

We look forward in the hope of welcoming you back on your next visit and ensuring that it is as enjoyable as your first stay with us. I will be sending you a personal message so that you may contact me directly when looking to return.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Yours sincerely

Simon Davis

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The room was really great. Unfortunately, you could hear the cars on the road, even though the windows were closed. Since we were there over the weekend, there was fortunately very little traffic. But the service was great, the bathroom was a dream and all the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We have felt very comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family