“Amazing hotel for an amazing weekend”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #47 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ilminster, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel for an amazing weekend”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Well where do I start in writing about a truly amazing hotel! My boyfriend and I stayed here on Friday 6-8 December for our anniversary! After reading the reviews on here we decided to get the tube to Moorgate station and they were completely right it is literally a 5 minute walk to the hotel! Check in was brilliant the staff were so polite and helpful and even though we couldn't check in as we were quite early they did all the procedure for us and took our bags so we could go and get some lunch to kill an hour before our room was ready! When we returned an hour later our bags had already been taken to our room and the front desk staff informed us that as we were here for a special weekend they had upgraded us to a deluxe room! Well on entering the room we were both shocked... A HUGE balcony, bathrobes and slippers and a card and chocolates from the hotel wishing us a happy anniversary! It was truly amazing, so much thought an effort! The bathroom was huge with the biggest bath I have ever seen and a massive walk in shower! Having stayed in London quite a few times and in many different hotels some being 5 star and I can honestly say this is by far my favourite hotel. I would recommend for anyone to stay here, I genuinely could not find a single fault with this hotel it was spotlessly clean and the staff were so kind, friendly and helpful it made it a pleasure talking to them!
Thank you Apex London for making our weekend so special, we will certainly be returning.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great choice to stay at London.
My boyfriend and I stayed at Apex London Wall 22/24 November as part of my birthday celebration. Check in was very friendly and polite and the receptionist wished me a happy birthday which was lovely to hear. The room was excellence and spotless and very comfortable. Lukasz was very helpful with finding discounted tickets for us when we were looking at seeing the London Eye and London Dungeon. Brilliant customer service while was having breakfast. Lovely hotel and would definitely stay again and also would recommend it to anyone.

Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I decided to treat my girlfriend to a weekend away in the big smoke, before our arrival i informed the reception staff it was my Girlfriends Birthday, to which they really spoiled us. The hotel is based not far from the Tube Stations Bank and Monument which makes getting to the hotel a breeze; it is situated in the financial district of London making it a perfect haven on weekends. On arrival the reception staffs were very friendly and helpful; the gentleman behind the desk gave us a complimentary upgrade and wished my girlfriend a happy birthday which just gave it that personal touch, making us feel like some A Star Celebrities. The room was a lovely corner suite, I believe this was one of their junior suites but it was more like a mini apartment. In the room the hotel had delivered a small bouquet of flowers, chocolates and a birthday card from the General Manager which was an unexpected surprise. What more the housekeeping staff also made our towels into 2 heart shape swans placed on the bottom of the king size bed. These little touches really made our stay feel so special! All the staff at the hotel was so friendly and helpful, they would always greet you when passing in the corridor which really made us feel welcome. Our breakfast on both mornings were excellent, all freshly prepared and great quality. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again, just wish more hotels had this high level of customer service. A big thank you to all the staff for making this a great weekend away.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

myself and my fiancee stayed here for 2 nights . the hotel is placed within a walking distance to the city center. reception staff was very welcoming and nice. the room we got was big, clean, bathroom large and very clean too. breakfast was bit pricey (but what isn't in London?) but lovely. Waiting staff was great too. Overall we enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hornchurch Essex
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at the Apex London Wall 30th Nov / 1st December as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. We chose this hotel based on previous guests reviews on Tripadvisor. We spent the day shopping in the west end and we had booked a meal for the evening at a restaurant in Covent Garden.

On arrival at the Hotel, the reception staff were very welcoming and as we had advised them on booking that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 2nd floor (for which we were very grateful). On entering the suite, it really did have a "WOW" factor, extremely well appointed, spotlessly clean and stylish, on the bed we had rose petals in the shape of a heart, (very romantic) some chocolates and an Anniversary card from reception staff, which we thought was a very nice personal touch. We were made to feel very special.
We had a large bathroom complete with our own rubber duck.The Shower was Amazing!

As the hotel is in the business district Saturday night / Sunday was very quiet no traffic noise whatsoever.

Breakfast on the Sunday morning I have to say has to be of the best breakfasts ever, it was all freshly cooked to order !!

Thank you to all the staff for making our anniversary weekend extra special at the Apex London Wall. Great Hotel, with very attentive staff.
We would certainly recommend and hopefully will return.

Room Tip: Corner Suite room 213 Superb.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 since I was celebrating my Birthday in Central London. The room was excellent and everything I needed to help me prepare for my big night! They had a bath tub and a shower, a full length mirror and a well lit dressing table; all of which are essential when a girl is getting dressed!

On arrival the receptionist asked us what the occasion was and when we mentioned it was my birthday, they gave me a box of chocolates. Check-in and check-out went smooth and the staff made every effort to ensure we were comfortable.

The location is a bit further out from central london however there are a few tube stations close to this particular hotel. We walked to and from Bank station which was a 5 minute walk and from there it was easy enough to get into central london.

I'd definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My partner chose this hotel based on the reviews already written so I hope our review will help someone else decide to stay there. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room although not a great view as on the first floor was spotless stylish and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was wonderful a lovely big tub and a great powerful shower with very nice toiletries. The room had complimentary goodies but be careful to read the card as the nuts are not complimentary. Breakfast was very tasty the full English was lovely however my partner ordered the pancakes with bacon and was disappointed to only get two small pancakes. Check out was easy and quick. It is a little bit out of the way and if you find the tube an ordeal then maybe this hotel is not for you, however if you don't mind then you are in the main tourist area within 15 minutes. We loved it here and would happily stay here again. By the way we saw the show Spamalot and that's well worth a visit too.