“Great Room and Friendly Staff”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #44 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great Room and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We would really recommend the Apex London Wall if staying in this part of London. The room was impeccable and the decor throughout the hotel is stylish and modern. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful and there is a lovely bar/restaurant available as well.

The hotel has free wifi throughout and there was a complimentary half bottle of red wine and snacks and water in our room when we arrived. The bedroom had an en-suite lounge area with a sofa and its own large flat-screen tv. There is a second large flat screen tv facing the comfortable and good size double bed.

The bathroom had a large walk-in shower and a separate full-size bath. The bathroom had a full set of elemis spa products. As with all hotels in the Apex group there is also a complimentary rubber duck in the bathroom - ours was blue.

We had a meal and breakfast from room service and the food arrived on time and was delicious. This really is a great hotel. We have also stayed at the Apex City of London and we felt the rooms at this London Wall one were marginally better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nick w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

It is a lovely hotel! The room that was allocated to is was fantastic! Nice natural light in the bathroom and the bath tub was great! Very comfortable bedding! Really enjoyed our stay and the room service breakfast was very good!! Well worth the £5 tray charge!
My only slight concern was that the pre authorisation was not properly explained at check in and information was not volunteered. I had to ask about the amount being taken and whether it was a charge or authorisation only. This should have been explained instead of the guest having to ask in my opinion.
The staff at check out were really nice and made efforts to make small talk.
All in all a good hotel with quiet and spacious rooms!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank London_Kip
Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Apex London Wall is in the business district, therefore at weekends is a great place to stay for a bit of peace in London. It is an easy walk to St Paul's and Tower Bridge. I arrived by train into Liverpool Street and it was only a few minutes walk from here, use the Broadgate exit and turn left. Most of the shops and restaurants are closed though at the weekend in this area, which is not a problem but just be aware. Greeting on arrival was first class, genuinely made to feel welcome and was really impressed with the speed of check in. Room was fantastic modern luxury and had everything you needed, even complimentary crisps, biscuits, bottled water, daily newspaper and jelly beans! You also get a rubber duck in your bath to keep. I had pre paid for full breakfast which was ok, not worth the £19.00 a person a day but ok. You order off the menu. I've had better breakfast in a Premier Inn to be honest. Service in the dining room on Saturday was brilliant a superb Spanish waitress, but on Sunday they were a bit clueless even though they had more staff working, some struggled with language I think. The bar area was nice and spacious, it had a relaxed atmosphere and not pretentious as some hotels can be in London. Would definitely stay here again but would probably not take the breakfast option.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mangomark
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

This is my second review for this wonderful hotel. The first was just after it opened.

I was pleased to see that the hotel has been well kept. The rooms are fresh, spacious and quite luxurious. There are no significant signs of wear and tear as often happens in hotels a few years after opening.

I was upgraded upon arrival and had a lovely room on the sixth floor. It had a balcony and huge windows. I was delighted with the room and the service that I received. This hotel is in a really quiet area so if you're staying at the weekend it is tranquil and the staff have time to devote to service. You never feel as if you're being 'processed' as in some chain hotels.

Only two minor points- as a previous reviewer mentioned- I tried to run a bath but it took an eternity to fill to a reasonable level. Also my room was cold despite putting the a.c. to 25c, this kept me awake and detracted from what was otherwise an exceedingly pleasant stay.

This hotel is a bargain if you get a weekend offer. I highly recommend it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen P
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here three nights with my girlfriend during the shopping month of the year in London, december. And the extremely accommodating people at the reception continuously did an amazing job. Nothing was too much trouble:

- I often used up 10 minutes of their time asking dumb questions, like where that ´Tower of London-thing´ was on a map, I received nothing but qualified help and a smile.
- When my girlfriend needed an adapter to use her danish hairdryer in UK-sockets, naturally, we got one of those.
- When I needed and iPhone5-to-iPhone4 adaptor to use the sound system at our room, they provided one of those as well.

I got the feeling, that we could have asked anything, and that nothing would have been too much trouble. That´s how a great reception works.

The hotel itself is lovely. We stayed in a classy furnished junior suite, where the big bathroom especially gives you the feeling of luxury. As I understand, all bathrooms at the hotel have a nice, big tub, where we actually would´t mind spending a few days.

We only had breakfast at the hotel, but the full english breakfast was mouthwatering, with lots of choices ranging from fresh fruit and pancakes to thick bacon and eggs done in 5 different styles.

One tiny detail that the hotel should work on: The water pressure was pretty low in the shower and in the tub, at least compared to what we are used to in Denmark. It took a long time filling up the tub. Also, we could have used some warmer water, at least for the tub. 38°C was maximum, and that gets cold rather quickly, when you fill it in the tub. A small thing, really, compared to how great the rest of the hotel is.

We´ll return to Apex Wall next time London calls.

/Christian Jessen

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChristianKlitholm
UK
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights at Apex London Wall from January 1st 2014. I'd wanted to try one of the Apex hotels for awhile but thought being based in the financial area might be too quiet, but it was a great location for us...close to Moorgate and Bank Tube and bus stop round the corner, took about 10 minutes to Leics Square. The quietness of no road traffic at night was ideal.

This hotel has some of the nicest staff I've come across in any hotel, nothing too much trouble and genuinely warm and helpful. Thanks Christina, Joanne, Nicole and Lucker?? and all the Apex LW staff.

Hotel itself is lovely, very modern and clean. We were given an upgraded room on arrival (always nice surprise) it was lovely and had everything you could possibly need....I'll list some - sitting room area with table and 50" Plasma, sky sports and some sky movies, large bed with good linens, very good hair dryer, ironing board, Bose music system, the bedroom had a second 50" Plasma, designer phone with free local calls, Nespresso coffee maker, a good selection of teas, coffee, biscuits, etc. a great fridge (which was properly chilled for once) it came in useful for stocking food we'd bought from Borough Market to take home. Sparkling and still water, plus snacks Pringles, Jellybeans etc were all complimentary and well stocked every day.

Bathroom was very large and modern, huge bath and separate shower, great selection of Elemis products and of course the cute rubber duck...yours to take home.

One night we ate in the restaurant Off the Wall, and the Chef opened up early for us as we were going to an early show, the food was excellent and reasonably priced. The waitress was lovely, I forgot to get her name. Thanks again.

I really couldn't fault anything, if pushed I'd probably say its a little too hot in the rooms, but we could control that and had opening windows (unusual for London), so not really a fault. We are staying at the Apex Waterloo in Edinburgh next week and now I'm really looking forward to using the Apex brand again.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank TRav100
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for one night on a quick visit to London and it was much better than expected. It was great value for the quality that was received. The staff were all lovely and the breakfast was gorgeous. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family