“Location, great! Room, lovely! Comfort - sadly, missing.”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The location is superb, more central would be difficult to find, especially for any business in The City. On arrival, reception was friendly enough and the room was very well appointed. Unfortunately, the 'climate control' fan in the room was very very loud - I was immediately moved to the room next door which was also a lovely, well appointed room, and perfectly quiet when the air con was on.
The problems began, however, when I went to bed. The bed was like a sheet of wood with a thick lumpy mattress cover on it. Nigh on impossible to get a decent sleep... Get up in the morning, tired as anything - a shower will wake me up, right?! Well, unless there's not enough water pressure to make the shower actually work, that is!
Reception were most apologetic and said that it would be fixed before my return at the end of the day, or I would be moved rooms if the problem couldn't be addressed.
My mistake was in not checking that evening. Nothing was said to me on my return so I assumed that the shower was fixed.
Unfortunately, after a second night's tossing and turning, the shower was little better - I had to dance around under the dribble to rinse off. Nothing like the "power shower" you would expect by looking at it.

All in all, the hotel is absolutely lovely on the surface - but underneath, it's really lacking in the comfort and simple amenities that should be present to be a 4* hotel. Beauty, as they say, is only skin deep.

The absolute basics anyone wants in a hotel - a comfortable bed and a decent shower were - sadly missing here.

And - just in case management actually looks at these reviews - had I be asked upon checkout "How was your stay?", I would have happily responded - but I wasn't even asked that. Merely asked if I was paying with the credit card on file.

Charming.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle G
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Michelle G,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us. We were delighted that our central location in the city offering a number of fantastic public transport options within a short distance made for a convenient stay.

I was however naturally disappointed that on this occasion you did not enjoy the best rest experience that we strive daily to achieve and that so many of our previous guests have enjoyed. Following on from our discussion after your departure from the hotel, I would like to re assure you that we will certainly follow up with the required internal actions to address your concerns.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of looking after you on a future visit to the city.

Simon Davis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently treated my girlfriend to a one night stay at the Apex London Wall hotel. I couldn't have asked for anything more and the stay was a pleasure from start to finish. When i booked the hotel I mentioned that it was my girlfriend's birthday and they were extremely willing to help make the weekend special. I was contacted by the front desk twice asking what they could and the attention to detail was much appreciated. We were greeted with a warm welcome and were treated to an upgrade for the occasion. The staff were attentive and extremely helpful and the room was immaculate. Liverpool Street isn't the most lively of locations on a weekend, but it is a great base to visit the rest of London and really accessible for us to travel in to. The hotel is a tad on the expensive side, but with the upgrade and the service we received I feel like we under-paid. I couldn't recommend the hotel enough and will definitely return if ever needing to stay in London.

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms have a balcony, and although not the most glamorous view, we definitely enjoyed the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Winnerandrew7,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to London to celebrate your girlfriends birthday. I was delighted that you both enjoyed the quality of your complimentary upgrade to one of our contemporary deluxe room products, along with the high standards of guest service we work so tirelessly to achieve.

As you alluded to the mainline stations of Liverpool Street, Moorgate and Bank are all within a few minutes’ walk meaning the "hustle and bustle" of the West End is only an 8 minute tube ride away.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and do remember when booking to visit our direct website for our best rates and package deals.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The room was superb, had everything you required plus so much more including a nespresso machine and a very comfy bed. We stayed for 2 nights and ate in the hotel on the first night, the evening meal and the breakfast was delightful. The staff were very friendly, in particular the concierge. The hotel is situated in a brilliant location to explore the city, and is close to moorgate tube station. We would definitely return to this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky W

Dear Nicky W,

We were very happy to have the pleasure of hosting you during your recent trip to London and are pleased that our high quality of room accommodation, in room amenities and excellent city location delighted you.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us and other reviewers. We hope you had a safe trip back to Dorchester and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My company found this hotel and I stayed for nearly a week. The staff were always very friendly, the room service prompt and tasty. The only problem and this isn't the hotels fault is that the city is very quiet during the weekends. It's hard to get a snack or a coffee outside of the hotel without having to go to Liverpool St Station.

The only downside was the street noise from the garbage trucks and heavy machinery that tends to invade London over the weekend to do repairs.

Oh and they had free internet, which in comparison to the normal hotel my company uses was brilliant.

Will happily come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pugwash73
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Pugwash73,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at the Apex London Wall hotel. We were delighted to read that you were happy with your find and that the high standard of personal service from our team and quality of room service exceeded your expectations.

As you correctly alluded to the city is quiet on the weekend, but with the added convenience of being a short walk to Liverpool , Moorgate or Bank tube stations you are only ever a short tube or bus ride from the hustle and bustle of either the East or West end within minutes.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for recommending our services to other reviewers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Located in Prime London a small but very comfortable hotel. Good staff. However they have a very limited breakfast options. Clean rooms and a spacious bathroom.
I would recommend the place for anyone who is visiting London for business

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in a great location
The room is large with a comfortable bed. The shower is excellent with nice bath products.
The staff is friendly and attentive.
Breakfast was good with tasty fresh orange juice and good coffee,
We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our first reaction was definitely a wow when we entered the hotel. Like most boutique hotels the attention to detail is second to none, with stunning lighting, furnishings and decor.

The reception staff, were so welcoming and helpful, especially a young woman called Alexandra. In-fact everyone form the porter to the bar and waiting staff couldn't do enough for us. They also upgraded us to a suite with queen size bed, luxury sofa and balcony. With all the mod cons and gorgeous furnishings, we felt very at home and would have quite happily have stayed in the room all weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again. The hotel is located a 10 minute walk from Liverpool Street and the same to bank tube station, with just a few stops to all the attractions. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: A suite with a balcony is lovely in the summer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple