Apex London Wall Hotel
Hilton
  • Pool
US$232
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
US$324
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$371
US$350
Travelocity
2,113 results
All reviewsjelly beansmoorgate tube stationrubber duckbusiness districtelemis toiletriesglass of proseccobox of chocolateslarge walk in showeron arrivalliverpool strose petalshuge bathroomjunior suiteexcellent hotelstylish hotellittle toucheswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2010

The standard of cleanliness and service at this hotel is excellent. The staff are couteous and helpful. The hotel is quiet yet has all the amenities one should expect and a good restaurant and pleasnt bar area. It opened in November 2009 so most Taxi drivers don't seem to know of its existence and apparently the taxi route to this hotel is not straight forward compared to the city one- I have nothing negative to report at all and will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2010

As a result of all the snow my hubby and I decided not to risk trying to get hone after a show and chose to stay at the Apex London Wall. We had a very good deal through HotelConnect at around half the normal rate, making it very good value. The hotel is obviously new and therefore you would expect all the decor to be of a good, which it is. The rooms are a good size, huge bed, wonderful soft duvets and pillows, nice contemporary decoration. The bathroom provided both a large bath and huge walk in show. Unlike many 4* hotels the Apex does provide tea/coffee making facilities in the room. There is a small fridge which is not stocked, but does allow you to use it to keep water/food cold if necessary. The complementary breakfast (continental in our case) was well presented and served to you at your table. Large glass of obviously freshly squeezed orange just was provided and we were asked if we wanted more. The tea was a little weak for my taste, but I'm sure if I had mentioned it the staff would have sorted something out. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and very professional.

The hotel is great for anyone who wants to stay in the financial area being 5 minutes walk from the Bank of England, Guildhall and probably 10 from St Pauls.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

As soon as we arrived (we stayed over New Year) we were made to feel wecome by helpful and pleasant staff. The hotel is close to a couple of different tube stops, and handy for the Barbican theatre and St Paul's, and the Tate is within walking distance. We walked to Covent Garden on New Years Day and it only took around 25 mins. The rooms were very nice and modern with excellent amenities. Our room was always clean when we returned, with fresh toiletries etc. All the staff we encountered were lovely. We have stayed at the Apex City just down the road which was very similar, and we couldn't praise them enough. My only minor gripe is that while the iphone/ipod docking system is great, and I loved using it, the sound is very bass-y and when used by considerate people doesn't matter, however occasionally the guests in another room had theirs incredibly loud (just for 20 mins or so) and it could annoy others staying in the hotel who just want some quiet relaxing time in the evenings. The surroundings of the hotel certainly offered that, and as noted by someone else, there is very little in the way of cafes open at the weekends- however a short walk down Cheapside reveals a selection of various snack places, and a few decent restaurants at the Barbican and around St Paul's. Overall, a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Myself and my Husband booked this for a little Pre-Xmas getaway and the first time we had been to London together. We were really looking forward to seeing the hotel and we weren't disappointed.

Very easy to find - we were dropped off at Liverpool Street Station and as long as you have a wee A-Z map you'll be fine. About a 5 minute walk from there or about 2/3 minute walk from Moorgate.

Reception area is gorgeous and we arrived ay 10.30am and asked if it was possible to have our room early as we wanted to get changed before heading out again. We were told the room wasn't ready but she said she would phone around and see if they could sort something out instead which they did. Had to wait 15 minutes and viola - we had a room to go to which was very much appreciated.

We had Room 323 - a King Size room and as soon as we walked in we were impressed. Gorgeous colours in the room, lovely little touches like the pillows and beautiful heavy throw over the bed. Also on the bed was our Apex gowns which came in very handy too. Choice of bed pillows and a cracking 42" Sharp LCD with multiple channels which you hardly ever get in hotels. Great little fridge for putting your own things in and water ready for you also.

Bathroom was really big and the tub was huge. Gorgeous walk in shower as well.

3 tiny little things which caught my eye but probably because they rushed to get the room ready for us - bathroom bin wasn't emptied from previous occupant which wasn't too nice to see, bath towel had marks on it and one of the pillows had a tiny mark of blood on it but one call to the Reception desk and it was taken care of. Immaculate other than that.

Great little Do Not Disturb button for the door, however, even though ours was on, the Housekeeper kept knocking on our door on the Sunday shouting Housekeeping which wasn't the best wake up call.

Really quiet area and room although like someone else mentioned there was work getting done outside which we could hear on the Saturday morning although that wasn't until at least 10.30am. No view whatsoever from our room apart from a building site but that doesn't bother you when your room is as nice as it was.

Word of warning however about the area - nothing and I mean, NOTHING, is open on a Saturday and Sunday - I have never seen anything like it. We woke up on the Saturday and went for a wander to try and get a quick snack and we actually thought for a second, have we slept right through to Sunday?! Very strange indeed.

We ordered breakfast with Room Service on the Sunday. £10 for 2 glasses of OJ and 1.5 slices of toast each - not the best, especially at that price, but you're paying for the convience. Toast was also quite cold.

Beds were also 2 single beds put together as there was a join down the middle so technically not a King Size bed but still comfy.

Please don't think I'm moaning above because I'm not at all - just telling you everything I can remember. We loved our stay and if we ever go back to London, I wouldn't hesitate in staying again - highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MhairiSFR
Reviewed 14 December 2009

I have stayed at multiple locations in The City when travelling on business. I have used a few apartments for longer stays but they seem to be going down hill so I was looking for a new property. I was not disappointed and neither will you.

This is a true business hotel that is located in the heart of The City. It is about 2-3 blocks walk from Moorgate tube on the Circle line but very close to several other stations/lines that cut thru the area. The rooms are very well laid out with a king size bed, duvet and great pillows. There is a desk that will convert to a vanity table if needed and a Bose Ipod sound dock, nice touch! Large flat screens with a large selection of channels for a hotel.

There is a small fridge (not stocked so you can store you own stuff) in the closet with many other amenities including a valet brush. The bathroom is huge for a London hotel with a full tub and large shower. The mirror is even heated to keep it from fogging. The only let down was low water pressure. Plenty of heat, just low pressure. Might have just been my room?

I did not dine at the restaurant but they did have an opening party the last night I was there and the bar is well stocked and the snacks were nice. There are many dining locations within a short walk as well.

I think the price is reasonable for a well appointed location in The City and with FREE WiFi it makes for a great location for the business traveller. If you are travelling on leisure or over a weekend I would not recommend staying in this area because almost everything shuts down so be warned.

All in all, this will be my new home away from home for my business trips to London.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business