“Fanflippintastic!!!”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 March 2010

After seeing a few good reviews I thought I'd gamble on a new hotel. I'm so glad I did, I can see why the recommend/return percentages are so high. This is a beautiful modern hotel, so if you want chintz, stay away!
From the moment our taxi was met at the door to the day we left the staff were attentive and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and had room service breakfasts for 2 of the mornings, each time the food was hot and plentiful. The full English was half the price of similar competitors and the croissants were enormous!
On the Saturday our pre-booked taxi failed to show (not booked through the hotel, so my fault), one of the staff, after trying the local companies for 5 minutes went up to the main road to hail one for us, how many others would do this?
Drink prices were commensurate with London prices so no-one should quibble about that, bit dim of people to expect any different if you ask me, if you don't like the prices don't go to London!
If I can offer one piece of advice, it would be to try booking through the hotel direct as we had a junior suite for the price of the late booking site's double rooms. The bedrooms are to die for and well stocked with free water on arrival and throughout your stay, tea and coffee making facilities and small mugs! not the piddly cups you get at most hotels. The large screen TV's are a nice comparison too as well as an iron and ironing board in the room. The bathroom was well equpped and the large shower was to die for.So if you want class and modern sophistication without breaking the bank, look no further. We have fairly high expectations when we go away and have been disappointed by some hotels in the past. With the Apex London Wall we cannot praise it highly enough. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed overnight at the Hotel after attending a wedding nearby. The room, a double deluxe, was superb with an amazing bathroom with seperate double shower. The room had no view, but lets not forget it is smack bang in the centre of the City of London. We were provided with tea, coffee and biscuits as well as free pringles and jelly beans!! Breakfast was included in our stay and was served at the table, My husband thinks you can tell the qaulity of a Hotel by its sausages and these were lovely!!
The Hotel was amzaingly quiet and I had one of the best nights sleep ever in a hotel, beacause of it's location I would imagine it is very quiet at weekends. And in a way this is what makes it so good, compared to West End Hotels it was surprisingly cheap and yet you are only two tube stops away from the West End, it is also much much quieter than other Hotels we have stayed in the west end. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again

Reviewed 1 March 2010

This is a lovely(and relatively new) hotel in an interesting area of the City of London. Couldn't fault anything about the hotel on our stay:the service was excellent,and the rooms and public areas smart and modern. We had a wonderful time and are planning our next stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2010

Having stayed at the other London Apex at Tower Hill I was curious to try the new one at London Wall so when an offer came through (£102 for a deluxe room) I was happy to road test it.

As with TH, rooms are beautifully designed and furnished. Quiet despite lots of people staying, 2 TV's, and Blu ray/DVD player. Spacious bathroom with walk in power shower. Superb service at reception, bar and room service (breakfast). Friendly, charming staff all round. Discreet turndown service (I was out but 'gradually' noticed!). Choice of a la carte or full english breakfastfor £10. Efficient, effective air con/heating.

Wonderful beds and pillows.

Location is less 'handy' for tourists/leisure travellers however. 5 mins from Moorgate or Bank stations and numerous buses but no Tower of London on the doorstep. Lots of buses though.

Only v minor 'princess' quibbles - instant not real coffee, and no shower cap/cotton wool, complimentary paper delivered but not in bag! Not deal breakers however.

(I don't understand the comment about building - there is no building work going on and everything is still immaculate as you might expect of a hotel open for 3 months.)

Limited food choice (although room service is reasonably priced) - but you are 10 mins by bus or 20 mins on foot from reasonably priced restuarants at St Pauls and there is a scattering of restos and fast food places nearby.

I am looking forward to staying again as soon as diary permits.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Cool interior - food horribly inferior - service non existent.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Orlando22
Reviewed 24 February 2010

The other Apex in City of London is already a favourite and this new hotel is even better. Breakfast is served, not a buffet, with highly attentive staff keen to serve you seconds if required. Romms are lovely with beautiful bathrooms and a huge tv screen with plenty of channels. Free water and biscuits and a fridge rather than a rip-off mini-bar. Cocktails excellent and reasonably priced for a top hotel in London. Interesting location; great for BARBICAN concerts. 76 bus from Waterloo and easy access to lots of bus routes. Staff outstandingly friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed at the hotel recently for one night in February. Before booking I'd visited the hotel and was kindly shown the superior and deluxe rooms. Both were absolutely fantastic, clean and very stylish. I've seen other more expensive hotels which just don't compare to the standard of rooms that the Apex London Wall has to offer. In the end despite booking a superior room, to my delight I was upgraded to a deluxe room for free. The room was spacious and nicely laid out with a simply stunning bathroom and two large flatscreen TVs. Throughout my stay, the staff were friendly and always had a smile on their faces. My girlfriend and I had an amazing weekend and the hotel definitely earned me a lot of brownie points! We would definitely go back there in the future. and my only regret is that we didn't stay there longer!! So if you're after a luxurious hotel for good value then look no further than this hotel.