“Excellent Hotel with decent rates in the heart of London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apex London Wall Hotel

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #44 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London
“Excellent Hotel with decent rates in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stayed for two nights in the Apex London Wall last month as part of a visit to Central London to visit friends. The hotel is situated very nicely - just behind London Wall (so quiet) but still in the heart of London - it's only 10 mins walk to London Bridge or St Paul's! The hotel is brand new and appears as good as any 5* hotel I have stayed in in London, but with a 4* tag! That means the prices are decent for the quality and the service is impeccable. I particularly enjoyed having lunch at their restaurant Off the Wall which is within the Hotel. The quality of food matched the quality of the rooms, the furnishings and its modern surroundings. I have plenty of friends who work in London and I shall recommend this restaurant for them for lunch!!

The rooms were large and well furnished with the comfiest bed I've slept in for ages (including my own!!). I wouldn't think twice to recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

Stayed for 4 nights on a trip away without the kids.
The hotel was lovely with the most amazing staff. Helpful and friendly in every respect.
The room was great and the bed soooooooooooooooo comfy!

Although there is no real nightlife here (it's in "the city") it is so well located we walked to most other parts of Central London (Covent Garden, Tate Modern etc) but were also able to use one of three tube stations within 5 mins walk (Liverpool St, Bank & Moorgate).

Fantastic trip - would recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Nuneaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

We arrived over 2 hours before official check in, no problem with early check in... Staff also helpfully advised us we could park on local streets after 12, for no fee during our stay. The room was extremely modern, as described, and spotlessly clean. Cot was already in room, no need to chase up, for a change. The location is 5 mins walk from Liverpool St, £10 taxi ride to Piccadilly Circus, but extremely quiet at weekends, as it's located in the heart of the City of London. We have paid more for poorer quality hotels, and will definately be returning to this gem.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
South England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

My Partner and I stayed at the Apex London Wall Hotel for a romantic weekend away. I can truely say that the hotel, staff and facilities exceeded our expectations, the hotel was in my opion 5*. The staff were very helpfull, informative and friendly, the breakfast was very good and we felt we should have had our evening meal there too and missed out. I woud highly recomend this hotel to anyone. Thank you to the staff at the Apex for making our weekend better than expected.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Bradford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

READ THIS REVIEW AND DISCOVER EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS HOTEL!!!!
Stayed here over easter weekend 2010,
Location: Close to Moorgate and Liverpool street station and a few handy shops, down a back street which is quite secluded and hotel looks a bit out of place down this street but over all a good location. 4 stars for location.

Service: Staff are very friendly and make conversation with you when checking in, i didn't use room service or the restaurant but I'm sure all the staff would have delivered excellent service. 5 stars for service.

Rooms: I stayed in a deluxe room which i would highly recommend, The room was large with a desk space, a huge bed and separate living area with beautiful sofa and coffee table where you can sit and watch the 42" TV which has a full range of channels. The bathroom was excellent, it has a huge bath big enough for 2, very large walk in shower and a sink as big as most people's bath! LOL. But the best bit was the balcony which i would guess was about 25 foot long with seating area (Room 623 has a bigger balcony that other neighboring rooms) not the best view but even so very nice to sit out in the sun or at night with a glass or 2 of wine. Lots of stuff to take back home too, such as: slippers, robe, toiletries, towels, a blue apex duck and what ever else is not nailed down LOL only joking, i would never steal from a hotel and Im sure you wouldn't either. Room is 5 star.

Sleep quality: No gripes here, beautiful large bed with lots of pillows and very soft bedding which I covered in fake tan, sorry apex.

Value: I paid £140 per night including VAT and taxes which may seem expensive but other hotels in London of this standard are much more expensive and you can stay here for a lot cheaper in a smaller, more basic room from around £80-£90 per night. Food is expensive but its London what do you expect, my advice is go to Mcdonnalds just around the corner. If your coming down here as a treat though, splash out and stay in a deluxe room or a suite. Value 4 stars.

Cleanliness: I must admit, after staying in a range of Apex hotels over the years, I was not over joyed with the cleanliness of the Apex Wall hotel. The reason I say this is because the balcony and windows were rather dirty and looked like they had not been cleaned for weeks. Although the inside of the building and the room was spotless. Only 3 stars for cleanliness Im afraid.

I rate this hotel as 4 star which is what it is, so it does live up to expectations.

Stay here and you will be happy you did!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

It is not often that I write reviews but I must about this hotel as it is extremely good. Don't get me wrong some people might think it a bit boring if you are looking for swimming pools, squash courts etc . If, however, you are looking for a quiet hotel in the centre of the financial district then this is the place for you. The hotel is located in a side street and is very new (opened in Nov 2009) so new in fact the taxi man had not heard of it which is unusual. I stayed during the weekend and the prices drop quite dramatically and is good value for a weekend break. Although a business hotel I was surprised there was no business suite to check my emails but there is wifi which is free. The restaurant and bar are good with extremely good service but my one gripe was that there no real ale available only lager which I hate. It's a British company so why not have real ale? Saying that the breakfast and dinner was first class. The rooms were excellent and you could hear a pin drop after dark which is incredibly unusual in London. One bit of warning though there is nothing and I mean nothing of note open around the hotel at the weekends however you are only a 5 mins walk to the tube. Honestly don't waste your money on expensive hotels use the London Wall; I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Reception girls are very pretty too !

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I stayed here for the first time in January 2010, and have stayed there twice after, in February and March. I really liked the hotel a lot from the first stay.
It seems very new, and it is so nicely decorated. I have had different rooms every stay, and they have all been so nice. The bed is just a dream with lots of pillows.
The bath room is fantastic with both bath tub (which I never use), and a walk in shower. There is water for free, coffee, cookies and a cute little blue bath-duck there as well. The towels are huge and hangs on a heater, the soap and shampoo is very nice also.
You got everything you need there and a big flat screen TV. and a docking to your Ipod.
There is a gym in the cellar, which is quite nice. I go there every morning. The music there is a bit too load, but this time I told the people at the front desk, and they fixed it immediately. If there is one thing that could have been improved, I would have liked to have a bit more light by the bathroom mirror. It is a bit difficult to find enough light to put on the make up.
The first time I stayed there I had breakfast included. It was just fab, but quite expensive compared to the amount I eat. If I traveled with my husband I would continued eating it there, but for me I now eat at a nice Starbucks close to the Collage, together with colleges.
I love this hotel. It is a bit pricy, but I will return as long as I do my studies in London.
Look forward to next stay

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business