“Amazing - My second time”

Jack the Ripper Tours
Ranked #39 of 716 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Ripping Yarns have been the leading Jack the Ripper tour into Whitechapel for over 25 years. We remain a small Company who believe that small Group Sizes and personal interaction will surpass your expectations, as opposed to the Larger Advertised Companies who now Operate in the area. The Tour is recommended in the Rick Steves Guide book to London. The cost is just £8.00, Where else could you get a great night in London for that price? But perhaps the best measure of the Tour comes from our many customers. which are a fitting testament to the level of satisfaction. All the Guides are serving Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters) at the Tower of London, so you can be assured that your Guide knows how to conduct a tour properly and "tell a tale" the content is such that it weaves the story of Jack the Ripper, the social background and the history of the area, helping to paint the most vivid mental picture of life and death in London's East End, this is backed up by Crime Scene Photographs, Letters and Evidence, you will not just get some "off pat script" or gimmicks but an up close and personal story.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have been on this tour two times in the past ten years and it is still fantastic. We last went on it last week and the guide was fantastic and the story is simply mysterious. For the price I truly can't think of a better way to do a walking tour and get a chance to see a part of the city you may not normally see. I highly recommend this tour and would do it every time I go to London!

1  Thank Shankpony

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This walking tour was fabulous and took us off the beaten path to view sights just outside the City of London. We saw a few other tours in process, and are very glad we chose this one. The Yeoman Warders (off-duty Beefeaters from the Tower of London) are incredible story tellers, adding detail, as well as interest and intrigue. We were fortunate to get bright sunny days when in London (6/20 - 6/23), so it was still plenty of light when we took the tour (although in my mind, it would have been creepier if it was foggy). One of the least expensive, best attractions we experienced in London.

1  Thank NYCroadtrippers
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have Been to London twice a year for the last ten years and decided to do something different this time. We therefor chose this tour of whitechapel, following the footsteps of Jack the ripper. Not only was the tour interesting, But the guide (dickie, i think) was a joy. He had so much knowledge, and he truly enjoyed showing us around. I 100% reccomend this experience if you want to see a part of the city outside the common tourist track. Do not bring young children. Seriously!

1  Thank Enihtram89
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Once we found our guide, Ken, near the designated tube station, all went well. Ken took us around the still unsavory East End (especially at night) to the various murder sites. His Yorkshire accent was a bit difficult to our American ears, but Ken was helpful and clarified the importance of every clue. He even took us to a sheltered area to summarize, after light rain began to fall. We certainly have a better understanding of the events, why the police seemed so inept, and the feel of the neighborhood. He left us with a plausible explanation and identified the likely villain, in addition to giving us some juicy speculation. Our group was also smaller than rival Ripper tours, so questions were more easily asked & answered. Well worth it!

1  Thank Harvey W
Reviewed 18 July 2014

In the spirit of honesty, my wife and I knew we wanted to do a tour like this, but were hesitant. It wasn't until Dickie's opening soliloquy that we knew we were in for a real treat. He was very knowledgeable, witty and entertaining. Not only did we learn of the crimes committed, we also learned much about the way of living in 1888. Dickie also pointed out 'bonus' areas on the tour, but alas, I won't spoil them here.
One last note - for cryin out loud don't bring your kids. I felt embarrassed for the family that did. These crimes were gruesome in every way imaginable. I'd say 15 years old MINIMUM.
Thanks Ripping Yarns and Thanks Dickie.

2  Thank Jeff A