“Typical contractors Hotel”

Ranked #1,030 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Wales
“Typical contractors Hotel”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for one night, shower in room but toilet down hall.
Buffet breakfast with minimal choice.
Vermin traps noticable around hotel.
Free off road parking.
For the price it did the job.
Would revisit if had to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sunshinekid107

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my husband for 2 nights as we were visiting the Olympic area and I can honestly say these rooms DISGUSTING.
When I entered the hotel with my luggage the hotel manager greeted me with the moodiest frown. He showed me to my room, and knowing I had luggage he opened the doors and did not even do the kindest thing and hold them after me as I was clearly struggling with my baggage.
My check out was on Sunday and I can honestly say they are the most rudest people I have EVER met. One of them banged on our door telling us to vaccate the room as 'other customers were waiting'. The hotel itself was horrible and tacky. The double room with an en suite was anything from luxourious. The tea making facilities were limited with dirty cups and a small TV on the side of the room blocked by a cupboard. I had spent 140 for 2 nights and they had not been eager enough to kick us out. I can gladly say I had never been more eager to get the hell out of there. Do not stay at Hartley it is a waste of your money!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Idr_220

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed in hartley before and alot of changes, do not believe that it was same hotel. Free WiFi, flat screen TV with free-view channels, buffet style breakfast and 10/10 for cleaning. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Raz2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Extremely basic shared facilities. The accommodation also provides sleeping arrangements for those who are homeless and other such sorts. The rooms stink of smoke. The double beds were small doubles although the room was cleaned it still stunk. The cleaned the corridors at 7am on a saturday morning and people are constantly arguing and walking up and down and hovering in doors ways all night. This place is not nice, the area is not safe unless you like cars pulling over shouting at you I would avoid this hotel especially at £60 plus per night when others are clearly staying there on the council for free.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Murrayv
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went to stay at this place for the night because I went to go to a concert at the Olympic park, don't get me wrong to was fairly close but the hotel it's self was crap. My room was small and cramped and the shower was in the room and I could touch it from the bed, plus it didn't have tea and coffee in it even though it said it would, the people where rude and wouldn't let me keep hold of the room key so I had to take all my valuables with me. Long story short guys don't stay here it is awful!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Rhysvivian
North berwick
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I went to London for a Short break with my family. I was looking for a budget hotel. I found a very convenient price hotel, Hartley hotel B&B Hotel. Recently, I came to know that ownership has been changed and hotel also refurbished and decorated. I stayed four nights everything was excellent. e.g.Breakfast, customer service, rooms, central heating and free parking facility. found nearby grocery shop and restaurant. Even i used kitchen for my little baby.
I spoke to new owner Name Mr Piratheepan, he said he is ambitious to turn a reputed hotel. I wish him good luck for his new business.
Thank all members of staff who look after us very well.
I would definitely go back to this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ferozi
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The phrase 'You get what you pay for' has never been truer when it comes to describing this place. It is cheap, but far from cheerful. The rooms themselves are ok, but as far as positive comments go, thats it. The staff who work on reception are utterly ignorant and amongst the rudest people I have ever met and it seems their only concern is getting your money off you as quickly as they can! It is also a struggle to hold a conversation as they don't speak very good english, and on occasion they seem almost confrontational as you try to explain for the third time how long you intend to stay etc.
I would recommend to spend an extra few quid and stop somewhere else, unless of course you like being woken up at all hours by banging doors, people shouting and being generally rowdy.
I have stayed at many digs across the country and i can safely say i won't be coming back to this one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business