“Horrifying”
Review of Hartley Hotel

Hartley Hotel
Ranked #1,033 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 August 2014

DO NOT stay here, I would have rather slept in my car! The room was dirty, smelt of smoke with stains on the wall. The bathroom was disgusting and smelt like a urinal!!! We did not stay for the included breakfast, as we wanted to get out as soon as possible! The pictures are in no way representative.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Fran H

Reviewed 16 June 2014

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD....I cant emphasis this enough..if you have not booked.... don't.This HOTEL looked appealling on line..nice this nice that...all lies.Manager was so rude to me,they had issues with my payment which should have been checked before and wasn't.they threaten to call the police for me knowing well it was a sunday before i could even explain ANYTHING my stuff was chucked out the room and when later checked it was a mistake and not even an apology.Manager called me every name under the sun from a fraudster to a dupe...etc and was shouting at me at the reception where every one could hear.

customer service is( minus100)
Hotel 1
facility 1
Cheap price looks appealing but regreted booking it in the end.
i can go on and on but i hope people do read this and dont book this horrible horrible people.
CUSTOMERS COME LAST IN THIS HOTEL....NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Busayo A
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for one night, shower in room but toilet down hall.
Buffet breakfast with minimal choice.
Vermin traps noticable around hotel.
Free off road parking.
For the price it did the job.
Would revisit if had to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Sunshinekid107
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my husband for 2 nights as we were visiting the Olympic area and I can honestly say these rooms DISGUSTING.
When I entered the hotel with my luggage the hotel manager greeted me with the moodiest frown. He showed me to my room, and knowing I had luggage he opened the doors and did not even do the kindest thing and hold them after me as I was clearly struggling with my baggage.
My check out was on Sunday and I can honestly say they are the most rudest people I have EVER met. One of them banged on our door telling us to vaccate the room as 'other customers were waiting'. The hotel itself was horrible and tacky. The double room with an en suite was anything from luxourious. The tea making facilities were limited with dirty cups and a small TV on the side of the room blocked by a cupboard. I had spent 140 for 2 nights and they had not been eager enough to kick us out. I can gladly say I had never been more eager to get the hell out of there. Do not stay at Hartley it is a waste of your money!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Idr_220
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed in hartley before and alot of changes, do not believe that it was same hotel. Free WiFi, flat screen TV with free-view channels, buffet style breakfast and 10/10 for cleaning. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Raz2014
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Extremely basic shared facilities. The accommodation also provides sleeping arrangements for those who are homeless and other such sorts. The rooms stink of smoke. The double beds were small doubles although the room was cleaned it still stunk. The cleaned the corridors at 7am on a saturday morning and people are constantly arguing and walking up and down and hovering in doors ways all night. This place is not nice, the area is not safe unless you like cars pulling over shouting at you I would avoid this hotel especially at £60 plus per night when others are clearly staying there on the council for free.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Murrayv
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went to stay at this place for the night because I went to go to a concert at the Olympic park, don't get me wrong to was fairly close but the hotel it's self was crap. My room was small and cramped and the shower was in the room and I could touch it from the bed, plus it didn't have tea and coffee in it even though it said it would, the people where rude and wouldn't let me keep hold of the room key so I had to take all my valuables with me. Long story short guys don't stay here it is awful!

• Stayed: July 2013