“The worst Thai meal of my life!”
Review of Thai Tho - Soho

Thai Tho - Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Tho - Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,640 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: The best Thai food in town
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked this place for my husband as a birthday treat - what a mistake - a total disaster. We have eaten Thai load of times - this was truly dreadful. The waitress did not listen and her english was very poor. We both had soup - hot dishwater with a dash of chile oil. My seabass was not steamed it was cooked to pulp with an awful gloopy sauce - yeuk. I asked for steamed pak choi - it came as mush and I was charged £6.50 for it. My hisband's main was also rubbish - tasteless pap - he ate it as I was on the point of crying as his birthday meal was just awful. The only good thing was the wine list - but you need to be drunk to eat such awful food.
Avoid like the plague!

3  Thank Karen_2H20

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Return visit whilst in London
Good service
Good value
Good location near the theatres
Food was delicious
My wife is from Thailand and she said it was very nice food. I have to agree

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had dinner at Thai Tho, Soho on a Friday night. The food (grilled vegetables with satay sauce, green prawn curry and Thai pancake & vanilla ice cream) was absolutely delicious - and the red wine was very good, too. The restaurant itself is a beautiful place, the first floor, where we were seated, much more than the ground floor - beautiful view at night! Service is very friendly and if there hadn't been that large group (loudly) celebrating a birthday, just next to our table, everything would have been perfect! Really recommend the place!

1  Thank Taany
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were here for dinner on a week night. I would rate it as more of a 3.5 star experience, but since I can't, it seems closer to 3 stars rather than 4.
The restaurant was not very full, and despite making a reservation, it felt like we had one of the worst tables allocated to us. Each time someone tried to walk in our out of the place, our conversation would be interrupted. We had it charged though.
The food was quite decent. I especially enjoyed the Som Tham salad.
The service however was quite poor. I think the servers just didn't care. We literally had to find them and wave at them for a few seconds before they even looked up to come to our table. If they can pull up their service by a couple of notches, they would be fairing a lot better.
I don't think I'm rushing to go back.

2  Thank travebuff_m
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Visited Thai Tho (Rupert St Soho) on 22/2/14. Arrived just after 6pm and the restaurant was about 20% full. Whilst the food was ok and nothing more, the service was appauling. Waited an hour for starters to arrive, as did other tables in the restaurant who were also complaining. Main course arrived in reasonable time after complaining about wait for starters. No apology forthcoming simply an explanation that they were very busy. Goodness knows what service would be like if the restaurant was full! And they have the cheek to include a 12.5% service charge!
Our first, and last, visit to this restaurant. Very expensive (just over £100 for 2), food ok but worst service I have expereinced for many years. Wont be going back.

2  Thank Davemvy