“Disappointing”

Ranked #2,902 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN CANARY WHARF A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Jamie's Italian in Canary Wharf is a dynamic open-plan Italian restaurant that's always buzzing with activity. It's a great location for anything from a casual dinner with friends or a business lunch to an intimate meal or a big celebration. Plus, when the weather's nice the beautiful outdoor terrace is the perfect spot for watching the world go by with a nice cold glass of Prosecco and some nibbles.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went into this restaurant as was right opposite the theatre and we were on limited time, we ordered 2 cocktails and would have had more but for the size of them they were very over priced, I ordered the crab spaghettini and my friend ordered the burger, she said that the burger was good and my spaghettini was good but that was about it - it was very dry and very salty. The portion was not very big either for the price. The best thing about the place - there was a plug socket under our table to charge our phones!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Disappointed, nowhere near as good as Birmingham...”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Pre booked for dinner on a Sunday evening, but lots of room so could have probably walked in. Staff were good, but we did seem to wait some time before anyone came to take our order. Wine was excellent, and good value. Menu seemed pretty much the same as the one we had seen in Birmingham last year, surprised that no changes had been made? My crab bruschetta was lovely, my partners deep fried prawns were ok, they were described as wrapped in angel hair pasta, which they were, but the pasta had also been fried, which we found not that appetising, and it certainly didn't have 'plate appeal'!!!! Main courses were really disappointing though. Id had the lamb lollipops in Birmingham and they were fabulous, these were overcooked, no sign of any pinkness to the meat at all, and our other main course, the crab spaghettini was really bland....I know crab is a delicate flavour but this verged on tasteless.....we were let down so didn't bother with coffee or dessert.....think that Birmingham can definitely give Canary Wharf some lessons!!!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Bad food, worse service”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a Lasgane, it was possibly the worst I've ever had, not only did it lack any meat but the cheese was brittle and the tomato source congealed, I sent it back and the waitress was incredibly rude. I waited twenty minutes and neither the food nor the witress returned, by this point everyone else had finished and there was a lot of food uneaten. When we finally able to get our bill, our original waitress being no where to be seen we had to have an argument to have the Lasagne removed despite the fact it still hadn't arrived! Truly awful

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank H R
Grapevine, Texas
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

While walking around at dinnertime we stumbled upon Jamie's Italian and decided to have dinner there. Not until we saw all the cookbooks did we realize it was a Jamie Oliver restaurant. Not being too hungry we each ordered the soft shell crab over salad greens. The waiter hinted that it was not much food, but that night it was fine for us. The crab was delectable! The salad greens not so much....seemed like greens dipped in water before being plated....but the crab made it all worthwhile.
The next night we decided to go back and try something Italian. I chose lasagna, something I expect any good Italian restaurant to be able to make. My husband ordered some kind of pasta. We had very nice wait staff on both visits. On the second night after we placed our order, we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally our waitress came over and explained that there had been a mixup in the kitchen, and our order had been pushed back. We waited close to an hour before our food was delivered with the waitress saying both our meals had been comped because of the poor service. That was very welcome, especially to me as the lasagna was one of the worst I have ever had. Mostly pasta and sauce with very little meat or cheese -- extremely disappointing. And I have never been to an Italian restaurant that didn't have garlic bread on the menu. All that pasta and sauce and no garlic bread! Let's just say that should I be in London in the near future, Jamie's will not be on my list of places to eat.

• Visited June 2014
“Superb! ”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our waiter was very professional and friendly, as well as attentive. Our food came quickly and was delicious! They have lovely cocktails and the beer is great too! Set in a nice location with a relaxed atmosphere.