“Tasty!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3,235 of 22,199 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN CANARY WHARF A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Jamie's Italian in Canary Wharf is a dynamic open-plan Italian restaurant that's always buzzing with activity. It's a great location for anything from a casual dinner with friends or a business lunch to an intimate meal or a big celebration. Plus, when the weather's nice the beautiful outdoor terrace is the perfect spot for watching the world go by with a nice cold glass of Prosecco and some nibbles.
Toronto, Canada
“Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here en route to the theatre. We chatted with some folks on the street who highly recommended it. I'm glad we followed their advice. The food was delicious and surroundings very contemporary and active. We ordered red wine, caprese salad, macaroni,super salad and ice cream for desert. Food was authentic, tasty and well prepared. Servings perfect size. Really happy with the food and spent 55 pounds. Glad we discovered it!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Family Meal with my Grandchildren and their Parents”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have never been to one of Jamie Oliver's Restaurants and I was very delighted at the choice of menu and 'healthy food' for both adults and especially children.
There is a children's menu and the portion sizes are very sensible, not too big, with a salad too in a little Kilner jar, salad, carrot & another vegetable.
It cost I believe £5.95 & included a drink, the food, salad and then either a lovely fresh fruit platter or ice-cream. Plus an extra healthy drink costs £0.50p.
We also got a lovely broad bean and peas isotopes in a little espresso cup which was lovely.
I normally don't like risotto, so now I have been converted!
So well done to Jamie as he has certainly put into practice what he did re school meals.
We had excellent service, great food and it did not break the bank for us either.
I would highly recommend going there.

Holland
“Always a place to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

When in London I always go one time to have dinner in Jamie's Italian. They have great Italian food and good drinks. Also it is not that expensive, considering you are surrounded by huge banks. Atmosphere is always good, the staff even starts to recognize me, after a year not returning! Too bad the risotto with truffle is of the menu, but there is enough to choose from.
Every time when I am here the restaurant is almost full or just a few tables left, so ignore some of the bad reviews and try for yourself

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“will never go back. bad food. bad service. expensive lunch!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went to have a simple lunch to the restaurant, ask for a well done burger and it came back as a stone. my table was never properly cleaned, I am still waiting for mayonnaise to go with the burger and had to wait 20 minutes to get my bill. worst part is that I forgot a bag in the restaurant, realised after I arrived home, tried to call and there is no phone number for the restaurant, I was directed to a call center, who took all my details and sent an email to the restaurant. the only thing I needed was someone to check if my bag is there and I am still waiting for a reply. the solution I was given was to go back to the store and see if my bag is there?? wouldnt it be easier if they cared a bit for the customer and checked in one minute if my things are still there?

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank agusbonforte
Dalzell, Il
“Jamie's -- so cute and so delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had to take a taxi ride here, but it was well worth it! I started with a Margarita -- really good! Then we had the crab and avocado brushetta -- I could have eaten 3 more of those! The crab was very fresh tasting (not like that imitation crap they serve in the states!) on a crispy bread! Then we had a giant burger with funky fries (very garlicky with slices of garlic on them -- Yumm!) The burger was very rich and we savored every bite. Then we tried Gnud (sp?) which were a "Jamie must have" on the menu. They were ricotta stuffed little dumplings with a lemon, garlic, buttery sauce. Very rich! I'm glad we only got the three and split them!
Everything was so good and the service was fantastic too! Very laid back and casual -- very cute decor! Thanks Jamie! I am changing my friend into a foodie, one meal at a time!!!