Best Western Maitrise Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$169
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$194
US$150
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
US$221
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$135
Agoda.com
1,065 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishcomfy bedlondon hotelwembley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

On arrival no one at reception when someone did arrive could not operate systems. Got to room at 6 pm but had not been made up so moved. Room had no natural light. Bed very small. Staff very polite. 50 pound damage deposit a surprise. Second day found only one bath towel. Inclusive continental breakfast very good. No info in room of hotel or area. On checking out was told systems did not allow for deposit held to be refunded immediately due to banks being in finance I did not accept this so was offered to charge and then refund my deposit card this I did and assume it will be a dr and cr same day in my account watch this space

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jacknorton55
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your review.

To respond to your points- A damage deposit is a standard procedure in hotels. A cash deposit is returned at check out and a per-authorization on a card may take up to 14 days to be released depending on the issuing bank, the only way it can be released immediately is by the hotel completing the original transaction and then doing a complete refund- we are speaking with our merchant supplier to find a better option for our customers.

Unfortunately when the hotel was constructed it was agreed with the council that the windows must be sealed which is why all rooms are fully air conditioned. It takes up to 10 minutes for the air conditioning to kick in.

We appreciate your feedback to continue to improve our services.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and chose this as it was only £220 which I thought was not bad for a 4 star hotel in London. But all was not good tv did not work for first 2 nights the bed sheets where not changed within our entire stay, the rooms are very hot. We also wanted to extend our stay while we where there by 1 night and they said it will be £126 for the night which I kindly refused considering how much I paid for 4 nights. Restaurant was nice we thought but with London prices don't forget. Next time we go to London it will back to a good old premier inn or something.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Our room sizes are comparative to most London hotels with all mod cons and new facilities. I gather the hotel was not all bad as you wanted to extend your stay with us, although you felt the price was not right.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us as we use this valuable feedback to improve our services.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Great experience at this hotel (and I am
Very picky)! Clean rooms and relaxing showers, though they are small. Beds are a little stiff and the location isnt the best but it is half a block from the Tube that takes you to the center of London (20mins). Also, breakfast is included which is great if you are on a budget! There is a starbucks and supermarket across the street as well. Great quality for the price and would stay again!

1  Thank Kira A

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am glad you found the hotel convenient for your stay with us and we were able to meet your needs.

Please call us directly for the best available rate for your next stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm with the person that wrote about the 50pound fee you have to pay on arrival that I dint even know about till I arrived. Up until now unfortunately because I used my card have still not received my 50 pound from 4 weeks ago back. I have tried calling the accounts department several times and have never been given a direct number or a number for a manager to resolve my issue even on asking. Advised by staff from QMH to call the accountant again and now that accountant Victoria knows my name she will not take my calls and the person on the other end of the line always makes an excess as to her whereabouts. ANYONE GOT ADVICE AS TO HOW AND WHO I CAN TALK TO ABOUT THIS?If you really end up staying there ask for a room with a window because if you suffer from panic attacks you will not sleep there a night. Rooms may look modern and nice but I think some things eg a window are a necessity.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window pay for the 50pound on check in with cash
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your stay.

First and foremost I am really sorry you were asked to contact our Accountant, unfortunately this department is not in the hotel and cannot deal with such an issue.

As per the email correspondence between us, I would just like to reiterate that a credit card authorization is standard in most hotels and we do not have to advertise this. As i explained to you the authorization is blocked by the bank and we do not have the power to release it, the length of time depends on the issuing bank (your bank) and some banks longer than others.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay and for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was going to post yesterday thinking nothing could go wrong as I had 1 night left but glad I waited!
On arrival you are forced to pay a £50 returnable fee. I guess this is why the prices are lower, some nice interest being made in their bank account!
So the WiFi is dreadful, I was hoping to do some work but it cuts out every 2 minutes. This was similar for both laptop and phone so wasn't me! People seem to be complaining that the Windows don't open. The air con is more than sufficient so no complaints there. The first night was ok, comfy bed and a good night sleep. The second morning I had to go to a business meeting having not had a shower because the water was out for the whole hotel (hot and cold). As I couldn't flush the toilet I left the do not disturb feature on to prevent maid service. Felt annoyed when I came back, the maids hadn't cleaned (which I anticipated) but an engineer had been in and changed a broken lightbulb in the shower!! Don't expect privacy!
Last night the hotel was doing fire alarm tests at 3am! I know it wasn't a real activation as it lasted less than a second. Just enough to wake and panic you. All in all a poor experience. Oh and don't bother with reception. Management seem to have placed a young girl there who has to take and handle all the complaints. If you ask for a manager they are always unavailable. Twice I've gone for breakfast, been asked for my room number, grabbed some toast, Sat down and the coffee never arrived. Just grab some orange juice to save the waitress the hassle! If this hotel offered the good night sleep guarantee (like premier in) it would go bankrupt. Do yourself a favour, navigate off this page and find somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TheBigCymro
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and to allow me to respond to your comments.

As in most hotels, when you check in you are asked to give a credit card swipe or alternatively to leave a cash deposit for incidental charges. If you pay cash, the money is deposited into the safe until check out when it is refunded to you or if you give a pre-authorization on a card, the money is blocked for a period of time by the bank and will never credit our account, therefore we most certainly do not earn interest on your money.

If you activate the "do not disturb sign" on your room it means you do not require house keeping to service your room so unless you request additional items it really is not a valid reason to complain about not having your room serviced.

Our maintenance team will only enter your room if you report a fault which needs to be fixed, i do not think this can be considered as invading your privacy if you require a service to ensure you have a comfortable stay?

We have more than 100 customers for breakfast daily (not always the same staff on duty) and the staff have to ask for room numbers as some customers are on different packages and they have to check who is paying for breakfast and who is not. I will address your comments about the service you received with the team.

We do not carry out Fire Alarm test at night. The alarm was activated because another customer was smoking in the room and the alarm was activated, reception quickly silenced the alarm so as not to avoid any other customers. I know this because they called me when it happened and it has been recorded.

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and please accept my apologies for having failed to meet your expectations.