Best Western Maitrise Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$328
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
Agoda.com
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
1,064 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishcomfy bedlondon hotelwembley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had a VIP room for 1 adult and 1 child.

When we first arrived in the hotel, we got a very small room which was almost completely filled by the bed only. Also, the room did not have a bath tub, while we paid for it. After a call to the reception, we've got another room on the fourth floor. The reception was however nice.

The stay in the hotel was quite well, the room looked very deluxe and had the newest, small but useful things, like an iPod dock. However, the TV did not work for the first five-and-a-half-days of our six-day stay. We also asked for an extra pillow on the third day, but never received one.

The biggest problem is the housekeeping went through our stuff in the drawers and closet every single day. Things that were in bags, were suddenly placed out of them; and stuff that was in the upper drawer was suddenly in the lower drawer while we were away. A shoe of mine has been damaged.

The VIP bathroom has a heater for towels and clothes - it's a very nice and smart addition. The shower and bath were well, however water temperature and pressure was different every day.

Breakfast wasn't extensive, but as it was free, it was good enough and of good quality. The hotel has good transfer services available to e.g. Heathrow Airport and it is very well connected on the main road of Kilburn.

Oh, P.S.: last days the lift broke down. We had to drag our bags down on stairs from fourth floor. On our own. Even though we chose this hotel especially for the lift.

Room Tip: take a VIP room and if it's too small for you, don't be scared to complain at the reception.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for writing us a review.

As you have already sent us a letter which we have responded to i will just write a few lines for our readers on your comments.

The House Keeping staff have all been working for the hotel for a long time and we have not had any complaints about them moving items. They follow certain procedures which means that they generally do not move items unless it is necessary to properly clean the room.

Inclusive breakfast in continental buffet but there is an a la carte menu also available.

When the fire alarms are activated in the hotel and the panel is in Fire Mode the lift becomes grounded until the system is reset and this is why the lift was temporarily out of use on your departure.

We are happy that you found the location convenient for your stay and overall had a good stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Good value for a room in London,however I would've like to have known there are no windows in the twin rooms before booking... there was an interconnecting door( locked ) but paper thin and we could hear all the conversations next door. Room was also noisy from above from early hours
The bath plug didnot work .
The internet didnot work and we were told to go to costa coffee.
We were not offered hot drinks with breakfast.
It is a shame as we need to travel again next week and I feel sad we could not repeat our stay as the hotel is well placed and good decor and clean.
I was also concerned about the other reviews that have not received their £50 back yet.

Room Tip: Ask about window
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank louise629
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am sorry we seemed to have failed to meet your expectations. All of our twin rooms are advertised as basement and do not have windows. We have invested in air conditioning in the rooms and corridors and fresh air vents to keep the rooms and corridors lovely and cool.

I will look into your comments about the soundproofing and see what can be done to minimize this.
If you would like to return to the hotel please call contact me and i would be happy to discuss making a booking for you.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We booked in advance 2 twin rooms for 4 female friends. When we got there only 1 room was twin. They had shortage of rooms. The twin room was downstairs - no window , ok but would prefer daylight. Towels although replaced were not always replaced in same quantity. We had to ask for these to be sent up. The double room was v small. We had a fridge which was great in the heat as we stocked up in water in tesco across rd. didn't approve of £50 charge for insurance for accidental damage. Kilburn pk def the nearest tube station , however road poorly lit on one side - felt a little uneasy walking back in evening. Continental breakfast fine but we had to ask for tea and coffee several times before it arrived. Fresh fruit salad delicious and refilled often, but the fruit bowl really needed some attention as there was some black fruit in it the first day we arrived. Staff courteous but sometimes communication was poor eg fan didn't work in bathroom but they sent a man to fix it when really we only needed to be shown how to turn it on. No info in rooms about hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank puddleplum
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your comments and feedback.

I am sorry we did not have the two twins rooms you booked, I am investigating with the reception team why this happened.

All of your comments have been taken on board and i would like to offer you a discount on a future stay in any of our hotels. Please email or call me to discuss should you wish to make a booking.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Great value. Stayed here with my mother in June for one night as we required a hotel not too far away from Wembley Stadium. We had a twin room which was more than adequate for what we required.

Rooms were small and simple but clean and good value for London (compared with others).

A couple of things;
Bit of a mix up at breakfast- we had paid for an English breakfast in advance and initially were told we'd need to pay a further fee- this was soon resolved when we presented our confirmation and kitchen staff clarified with reception.

Yes you could hear other guests and heavy fire doors slamming- but for one night it was fine.

Overall a good stay. Not too far from wembley on the overground, clean, modern and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank xXloulabelleXx
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Booked this hotel for one night a couple of weeks ago as part of a trip to London I had organised for my boyfriend's 21st birthday. Despite booking a double room and receiving a confirmation of the booking, upon arrival we were told there had been a problem and they only a twin room to give us.They only offered a free breakfast for the next morning as compensation, which we did not take as we had already made other plans.

When I asked later at reception if any other form of compensation for our inconvenience was available, I was told that a free breakfast or dinner was all that could be offered. I feel, however, that paying the same price for a room I did not want is extremely unfair. Since the stay was part of a birthday present, not getting the room I had booked was extremely disappointing, and the offer of a free breakfast not good enough.

Once we had got home, I emailed the hotel to see if anything else could be done to compensate and I received no reply.

The room was clean, but was a conjoined room with very thin doors so we could clearly hear the people next door talking/laughing/snoring. Also, I think our room must have been under the kitchen, because from 5am the floor right above us was extremely noisy with people going back and forth, so once woken up by the noise it was difficult to get back to sleep.

In short, not what I expected from an apparently 4 star hotel, and am particularly disappointed by the lack of response to the email I sent them. Wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charlotte383

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies that you did not have a response your email, unfortunately I was on annual leave for 2 weeks and have only today returned to work. As soon as i have read your email and investigated further i will be in touch.

I am sorry that your stay with us was not a positive experience.

Kind Regards,