“A good find! I hope to return.”

Best Western Maitrise Hotel
Ranked #796 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was here for one night this week - and really enjoyed my stay. I travel to London quite frequently and see this hotel as a really affordable future choice.
It's close to public transport - both London Overground and the Tube - and relatively close to the centre by London standards.
The area was good too - the slightly 'alternative' vibe of Kilburn, but you can also walk to Swiss Cottage. And you're just around the corner from Abbey Road.
The room was small - but good for me as I was travelling alone. Clean and well furnished. Quiet - but I wasn't overlooking the street.
The free wifi worked well.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your positive expereince with the trip advisor community. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future and better rates, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02087993850.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of January. The hotel was very clean and in a good location close to the tube and overground train. It also had a starbucks and a tesco express across the road.
There's also a bar up the road called 'The Betsy Smith' which had great cocktails and nice food.
The staff were very quiet and didn't say much other than asking whether we wanted coffee or tea with our breakfast.
They also werent much help when at around 12am my other half needed a drink of water so he went downstairs to reception and then said they couldnt help him. So he had to go roaming the streets to find somewhere that was open just to get a bottle of water.
However, the hotel was alright for a late trip to london for 2 nights.
I would try somewhere else next time though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsey H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and complemented the cleanliness and the location of the hotel.

I will surely pass your comments to my housekeeping team which I am sure they will be very proud of and will motivate them to provide even better services and better cleaned product.
Was very sorry to hear that you found our breakfast staff very quiet normally it’s the other way around however this will directly be picked up with the restaurant supervisor to make sure the moral is up in the team to provide best possible customer services.

With regards to the nights incident it was disappointing to hear that your other half was told that we can’t help to get him a bottle of water which is just not acceptable from a guest point of view I have picked this up with my nights team and this issue will be resolved and we will make sure we have got some bottles available in reception if a guest requires anytime.

I would suggest to give us another chance and we will show you how we operate as a team, perhaps you can contact me directly at the hotel and I will be able to offer you a better rate for your next stay.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I booked indirectly online and managed to get this for £130 for 3 nights, so I'm basing my review on this.

As other reviewers have said, the rooms are definitely on the small side. I was by myself so not a huge problem but would have felt cramped if the OH was with me. I also had the room overlooking the brick wall, but being out all day meant this wasn't a problem. The rooms are well decorated although probably in need of a fresh coat of paint as a little scuffed in places. The rooms are well equipped, with a/c and a fridge for you to use. Decent bathroom with excellent shower and heated towel rail, and a very comfortable double (queen) bed. The hotel is very quiet so I slept extremely well.

The area it's in is fine. We'll served by public transport (tube and rail) with plenty of options for eating out too. I'd definitely stay again - especially at the price I paid.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnFromSheffield

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, we are definitely looking to get the rooms re painted very soon in and you will be happy to know that we take our guests feedback very seriously. you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0207 625 8532 for better rates for future bookings.

Your's sincerely,

Fawed and Team

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went with my partner to this hotel and paid on the day, but when we went to the room it was absolutely tiny! He is over 6ft and could barely move it was ridiculous. Instantly, we went downstairs and asked for a refund, nothing had been used in the room and it was so claustrophobic in there, we wouldn't have stayed the night. The woman at the front desk wasn't very helpful, only giving us the option of another room which had an even lower ceiling so was not a better alternative at all!!! Then, we were told we would need to speak to the manager about a refund who I have contacted over 5 times. He then gave me the contact information of a more senior person, who has yet to reply to one of my 4 emails. RUDE! Poor customer service. No consideration for the customer's comfort or pleasure, didn't seem to care one bit that we were leaving completely furious. Would not stay in such a rubbish place again, try and work on your customer service!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCOLLINS2014
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Clean hotel with friendly enough staff. The location is good, close to bus and train options and with an M&S food shop nearby for supplies. I asked for a 'quiet' room and definitely got that. But the room itself, though modern and nicely furnished, felt small and dingy as a result of the brick wall 6 feet opposite the window and the dark styling (I paced out the room to prove to myself that it was a reasonable size and allay a growing sense of claustrophobia). Continental breakfast was disappointing, with unappetising bread and a limited selection, but it did the job. Overall, it was overpriced, but was probably the best of a bad bunch available at the last minute and reflective of the arrogant overpricing that goes on in London hotels generally (in my humble opinion).

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Finst4r
Reviewed 30 December 2013

HI EVERY BODY** Its me again Salah ** The Quality Maitrise Hotel 2009 still New & beautiful decor, We had a double room on the second floor No : 202 with a street view for Great 3 nights from 27 to 30 -12-2013 , the room were Small but clean and comfortable with good coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom was nice with a great shower, Reception staff Dominika & Dora very friendly & helpful, Breakfast was continental my suggest is more options for breakfast , perfect location close to underground station few stops from Queen's Park and change in the same station one more to Kilburn high road and you will find the hotel one minute far away , out from station left side 30 M and cross road the hotel 2M ONLY , a lot of shops and restaurants around ,Very good value, Overall a pleasant stay and would definitely return again,
I recommend >>>>>Salah 30 - 12 - 2013 at 10:05 pm..

Room Tip: nice rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SALAH M
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you Salah once again for taking the time to write us this review and sharing it with the trip advisor community. We always value our guest feedback that is what makes us better in what we do so many thanks.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and facilities, I am so glad to hear that you found Dora and Dominica our reception team leaders very helpful I will definitely pass on your kind comments to them which they will surely be very proud of and will give them motivation to keep giving the best customer service to our clients.

I really appreciate your comments about the hotel’s wonderful central location with fantastic transport links, which always makes it easy for our guest’s for enjoying this wonderful city.

With regards to the breakfast offerings you will be delighted to know that surely we will be looking to do some changes in the coming New Year so please bear with us.

Don't forget to call us directly for your next visit to get more favourable rates as a returning guest.

Call us direct for your next booking as we like to reward returning guests by offering a better rate.

Regards and Happy New Year

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and would never stay again ! The entrance is impressive but the rooms are tiny with no windows. I felt very claustrophobic. Location is good as it's easy to get to central london from here. Breakfast was ok but service was slow. Would never book here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you very much for your review. The hotel has 7 twin bedded rooms which are located in the lower ground floor and obviously they do not have windows. The rooms are advertised as such. There is a fire exit located in the ground floor and hotel has full and annual risk assessments done so all legalities are covered. I am sorry if you felt claustrophobic.

I am glad that you found our location and public areas impressive, however with regards to service being slow in breakfast will be picked up and necessary action will be taken to avoid future disappointments.

Best Regards,