Best Western Maitrise Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
galahotels.com
US$551
US$533
1,065 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishcomfy bedlondon hotelwembley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel room was as I expected. Small but very functional. My only complaint was when we arrived the gentleman in reception said if we wanted to go to our room which was ready we would need to pay 10 pound to check in at 12:30. I thought that was outrageous but we were tired and wanted to get settled so we paid it. I was annoyed by this charge. I have never been asked to pay a fee for checking in early.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community.
After reading your comments I can read that you were upset about the early check in charge and you thought it was outrageous.

I also appreciate that you may have never had to pay this charge before in other hotels. We pretty much have a similar policy if its requested in advance however as your reservation is paid from 2 pm onwards and if asked on last minute we do charge a small amount of £10 which I don’t believe is a huge amount as we have to speed up our services if we check you in early specially when we are fully booked.

I would request in future when you make a booking and believe that you will require an early check in please request it upon booking and if we will have availability we will waive the charge and honour your request.

Hope the above explanation was sufficient to your disappointment and we will look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

If you wish to make a booking I would request that you book it directly with us by calling on 0207 625 8532 and we will guaranteed offer you better rates than all online booking agents.

Many Thanks,
Fawad and Team

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night and I will not say much about it
The room I booked was executive double bedroom
The bed there was even smaller than single beds in normal hotels
It was very dirty
The mattress was only 5cm
I rather sleep on the road than in that hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your valued feedback with the trip advisor community.
I was very sorry to hear about your experience; however you haven’t given enough information for me to revert back to.

With regards to the rooms we do not have executive double rooms in the hotel what we have are standard double rooms and the beds and bed frames are quite a right size for a standard double room and are of very high quality.

The mattresses are also changed every 5 years and are also of very high quality with a minimum depth of 16.5 cm with additional protector and topper added which makes it at least 18 cm which is a good enough depth.

Unfortunately on this occasion I am sorry to advise you that I found your comments a bit vague and not enough for me to take any corrective actions.

However still if you wish to discuss your comments in details please contact me on 0207 625 8532 if you think you have missed something out or I missed out to address any of the issues.

Regards,
Fawad and Team

Reviewed 4 May 2014

That was a very nice and pleasant hotel:
- located near 2 metro stations and bus-station, Tesco, Starbucks, Primark, Post office, Abbey road etc
- breakfast continental includes toasts with butter and few types of jam, yogurt with fresh fruits and small croissants, never felt hungry till 3-4 pm;)
- rooms are small that's true, but it's all made very smart and cozy, two persons don't feel uncomfortable, I loved a warm wardrobe where we set our rainy wet clothes
- also firstly seemed to be very unfreshy, cause windows never open, but it was made for safety and it's fair; so we had to use condition almost every time
- we lived in the 4th floor and one question I wanted to ask - why is that a small balcony which doesn't let see through the street?
- for room-cleaning you just leave a CLEAN button enlighten, few times we didn't left light but it was cleaned anyways ( we didn't mind:))
- bath and shower worked properly, and there was a towels warmer - good that it wasn't a traditional British washer - I was kind of frightened:)

Well, we liked this hotel very much and even being a way too picky I do not regret we've chosen this hotel! BUT the best thing we had is a stuff attitude! We came about midnight after long flight and acquaintance with a London metro (euuphhh) and a very-very nice guy at receiption met us like a long-waited guests. And every morning when we're leaving hotel and every evening all stuff were very helpful and lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaraSmirnoff
Reviewed 25 April 2014

a well presented, clean and quiet hotel near to tube and overland stations and very convenient for the heart of London. The breakfast was superb and the beds comfortable. Everything from lifts to the very efficient double glazing contributed to a quiet stay and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: we paid for the executive room and you do need the air conditioning
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lovely place to stay, worth the money if you're going to be there constantly. Shower was lovely and very powerful rooms were a nice size & very clean. Only had a tiny window that had a wall opposite. Walking distance from a tube that takes you into the centre, opposite a club and tesco express.

• Stayed: April 2014