1,132 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishlondon hotelwembleypubs
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the QMH on 17.5.14 for one night. I am afraid my stay was far from ideal. Here are my list to complaints:

1. The room was miniscule with a small double bed cramped into one side of it and a small TV at the other end. The only saving grace was the shower.
2. The bed springs were worn out and as a result it was a very uncomfortable and hard bed.
3. The AC was malfunctioning. It was incredibly noisy and so my partner and I were up multiple times overnight switching it on and off. Between this and the hard bed neither of us boot much sleep.
4. On checking in we were offered a newspaper as part of breakfast. I thought this was a nice touch. But the next morning at breakfast I was met with confusion when I asked for the same. I spoke to the receptionist who denied any knowledge of this service despite having my registration form next to him. He directed me to the waiting staff in the restaurant to 'send them to get one from the shops'. I spoke to them and they were even more confused. They said they would speak to the receptionist and sort it out but no one spoke to us again till check out. The receptionist blamed some third person whose responsibility it was to get it. But still no pepper as promised.
5. The continental breakfast that was included was sparse to say the least. Very little in the way of cold meats, no pastries, very little orange juice and yoghurt.
6. The English breakfast that we had to pay additionally for was cold and of small proportions.

I paid £120 for a night at this hotel via booking.com. Having had a look at other hotel booking sites I could have stayed at the Hilton for £10 more. I know the staff may be trying their best but this hotel stay was far from ideal and I certainly will not be recommending this hotel to anyone else. In fact I shall probably be putting my complaints on online booking sites to warn others. Ideally I think I should be offered a full or partial refund for the suboptimal stay. I really was expecting more for the price I paid.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drshubz
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.

All in all i can clearly see that we have failed to provide you the services which you would expect from a a 4* star hotel.

I am really sorry for all the above issues and I am open to hearing your dissatifaction directly and will be also open to come down to a conclusion which will be satisfactory for you.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and will hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline where you can make a bid. I bid for a 4 star hotel, but at best got a 3 star. The room we were given was a standard room on the third floor, but with no window. It made me felt very claustrophobic. The room (306) was tiny with very little space around the bed. The bed was just 2m*1.4m. The hotel was not clean enough, I found hairs on a towel, and the quilt was yellow, somewhere black. A male receptionist was not friendly enough, maybe a little rude.
If they were just honest about their true identity as a "decent 3 star hotel" and priced accordingly, I wouldn't mind the above.
The cost of the room includes a breakfast and Wi-Fi. The continental breakfast was just okay, there were toasts, cold meats, very small croissants and yogurt. The yogurt with fresh fruits was good.
The hotel is close to the tube (Kilburn Park Station), and it takes 5 minutes to Paddington by Bakerloo line.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Li D
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community.

After reading your comments I can clearly see that you weren’t happy with your stay due to room size and the fact that you weren’t able to open the window made it claustrophobic.

In your opinion the hotel should be a 3* hotel, however I would like to bring this to your attention we are rated quality 4* hotel and normally all our services are classed to be of very high standard.

with regards to the room size the room you booked via bidding on Priceline was standard double room, generally most of London 4* hotels the same size of a standard double room and where you have mentioned the price we are known to be priced very competitive in the market normally cheaper than other similar 4* star hotels in London as it was part of a bidding not sure how much Priceline charged you for this booking which may of pushed you to this dissatisfaction.

Where you have mentioned about the windows in our defence we have clearly advertised on all our extranets that our windows do not open due to council restrictions, however to make sure all our guests have a comfortable stay all our rooms are fully air-conditioned.

However I was very sorry to hear about cleanliness issues and would like to really apologise for it. I can assure you that all the above issues are addressed to the head housekeeper and she has assured me that this will be rectified by extra checks and refresher trainings in the future.

I have also passed this review onto my reception team and firstly they were very surprised to read about the rude receptionist as they all work very hard to make sure all our guests needs are met however as we do not have your details we don’t know who has dealt with you but the positive thing is they all have assured me that they will make sure none of the guests will have such feeling again.

Dear guest once again I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope the above incident haven’t marred your perception about the Quality Maitrise Hotel and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

For guaranteed best rates please contact us directly on 0207 625 8532.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel room was as I expected. Small but very functional. My only complaint was when we arrived the gentleman in reception said if we wanted to go to our room which was ready we would need to pay 10 pound to check in at 12:30. I thought that was outrageous but we were tired and wanted to get settled so we paid it. I was annoyed by this charge. I have never been asked to pay a fee for checking in early.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community.
After reading your comments I can read that you were upset about the early check in charge and you thought it was outrageous.

I also appreciate that you may have never had to pay this charge before in other hotels. We pretty much have a similar policy if its requested in advance however as your reservation is paid from 2 pm onwards and if asked on last minute we do charge a small amount of £10 which I don’t believe is a huge amount as we have to speed up our services if we check you in early specially when we are fully booked.

I would request in future when you make a booking and believe that you will require an early check in please request it upon booking and if we will have availability we will waive the charge and honour your request.

Hope the above explanation was sufficient to your disappointment and we will look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

If you wish to make a booking I would request that you book it directly with us by calling on 0207 625 8532 and we will guaranteed offer you better rates than all online booking agents.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night and I will not say much about it
The room I booked was executive double bedroom
The bed there was even smaller than single beds in normal hotels
It was very dirty
The mattress was only 5cm
I rather sleep on the road than in that hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your valued feedback with the trip advisor community.
I was very sorry to hear about your experience; however you haven’t given enough information for me to revert back to.

With regards to the rooms we do not have executive double rooms in the hotel what we have are standard double rooms and the beds and bed frames are quite a right size for a standard double room and are of very high quality.

The mattresses are also changed every 5 years and are also of very high quality with a minimum depth of 16.5 cm with additional protector and topper added which makes it at least 18 cm which is a good enough depth.

Unfortunately on this occasion I am sorry to advise you that I found your comments a bit vague and not enough for me to take any corrective actions.

However still if you wish to discuss your comments in details please contact me on 0207 625 8532 if you think you have missed something out or I missed out to address any of the issues.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

That was a very nice and pleasant hotel:
- located near 2 metro stations and bus-station, Tesco, Starbucks, Primark, Post office, Abbey road etc
- breakfast continental includes toasts with butter and few types of jam, yogurt with fresh fruits and small croissants, never felt hungry till 3-4 pm;)
- rooms are small that's true, but it's all made very smart and cozy, two persons don't feel uncomfortable, I loved a warm wardrobe where we set our rainy wet clothes
- also firstly seemed to be very unfreshy, cause windows never open, but it was made for safety and it's fair; so we had to use condition almost every time
- we lived in the 4th floor and one question I wanted to ask - why is that a small balcony which doesn't let see through the street?
- for room-cleaning you just leave a CLEAN button enlighten, few times we didn't left light but it was cleaned anyways ( we didn't mind:))
- bath and shower worked properly, and there was a towels warmer - good that it wasn't a traditional British washer - I was kind of frightened:)

Well, we liked this hotel very much and even being a way too picky I do not regret we've chosen this hotel! BUT the best thing we had is a stuff attitude! We came about midnight after long flight and acquaintance with a London metro (euuphhh) and a very-very nice guy at receiption met us like a long-waited guests. And every morning when we're leaving hotel and every evening all stuff were very helpful and lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple