1,156 results
All reviews kilburn park kilburn high road bakerloo line overground station tesco express main road great shower full english london hotel wembley pubs
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Well looked after will definitely return could just do with king size beds for bigger people excellent service thanks easy underground access 300grm away fantastic pizza pasta Italian 100 yes to the left of the hotel if you want something light to eat

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel going through last minute.com as it was well rated and a fairly good price in comparison to Travellodges and Premier Inns. I now wish we would have gone for one of the aforementioned hotels in a more central location. The Quality Maitrise is ticked away on a street full of kebab shops, local grocers and people being for money. There is an underground line and overground line both within a very short distance on the plus side. The hotel itself is only 5 years old bit the ruins are already showing signs that they need maintenance. The carpet is frayed in pages, the grouting on the bathroom floor is missing or is dirty, there is no sky sports or movie channels, the TV is small and the sound poor. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and i won't be coming back.

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you want easy access to the city centre, but also a room quiet enough for you to sleep! Located just minutes away from the tube, it is a perfect spot to navigate your way in and out of the city. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and able to answer any questions we had about our stay - such as where to park our car securely.

The room was a reasonable size with good facilities, a fridge and a very comfortable double bed. The decor and furnishings were tasteful and gave the hotel a 'plush' look, well worth the reasonably small fee being asked.

All in all, an enjoyable stay and a hotel we would certainly return to.

Our thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the QMH on 17.5.14 for one night. I am afraid my stay was far from ideal. Here are my list to complaints:

1. The room was miniscule with a small double bed cramped into one side of it and a small TV at the other end. The only saving grace was the shower.
2. The bed springs were worn out and as a result it was a very uncomfortable and hard bed.
3. The AC was malfunctioning. It was incredibly noisy and so my partner and I were up multiple times overnight switching it on and off. Between this and the hard bed neither of us boot much sleep.
4. On checking in we were offered a newspaper as part of breakfast. I thought this was a nice touch. But the next morning at breakfast I was met with confusion when I asked for the same. I spoke to the receptionist who denied any knowledge of this service despite having my registration form next to him. He directed me to the waiting staff in the restaurant to 'send them to get one from the shops'. I spoke to them and they were even more confused. They said they would speak to the receptionist and sort it out but no one spoke to us again till check out. The receptionist blamed some third person whose responsibility it was to get it. But still no pepper as promised.
5. The continental breakfast that was included was sparse to say the least. Very little in the way of cold meats, no pastries, very little orange juice and yoghurt.
6. The English breakfast that we had to pay additionally for was cold and of small proportions.

I paid £120 for a night at this hotel via booking.com. Having had a look at other hotel booking sites I could have stayed at the Hilton for £10 more. I know the staff may be trying their best but this hotel stay was far from ideal and I certainly will not be recommending this hotel to anyone else. In fact I shall probably be putting my complaints on online booking sites to warn others. Ideally I think I should be offered a full or partial refund for the suboptimal stay. I really was expecting more for the price I paid.

2  Thank drshubz
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.

All in all i can clearly see that we have failed to provide you the services which you would expect from a a 4* star hotel.

I am really sorry for all the above issues and I am open to hearing your dissatifaction directly and will be also open to come down to a conclusion which will be satisfactory for you.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and will hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Fawad and Team

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline where you can make a bid. I bid for a 4 star hotel, but at best got a 3 star. The room we were given was a standard room on the third floor, but with no window. It made me felt very claustrophobic. The room (306) was tiny with very little space around the bed. The bed was just 2m*1.4m. The hotel was not clean enough, I found hairs on a towel, and the quilt was yellow, somewhere black. A male receptionist was not friendly enough, maybe a little rude.
If they were just honest about their true identity as a "decent 3 star hotel" and priced accordingly, I wouldn't mind the above.
The cost of the room includes a breakfast and Wi-Fi. The continental breakfast was just okay, there were toasts, cold meats, very small croissants and yogurt. The yogurt with fresh fruits was good.
The hotel is close to the tube (Kilburn Park Station), and it takes 5 minutes to Paddington by Bakerloo line.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Li D
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community.

After reading your comments I can clearly see that you weren’t happy with your stay due to room size and the fact that you weren’t able to open the window made it claustrophobic.

In your opinion the hotel should be a 3* hotel, however I would like to bring this to your attention we are rated quality 4* hotel and normally all our services are classed to be of very high standard.

with regards to the room size the room you booked via bidding on Priceline was standard double room, generally most of London 4* hotels the same size of a standard double room and where you have mentioned the price we are known to be priced very competitive in the market normally cheaper than other similar 4* star hotels in London as it was part of a bidding not sure how much Priceline charged you for this booking which may of pushed you to this dissatisfaction.

Where you have mentioned about the windows in our defence we have clearly advertised on all our extranets that our windows do not open due to council restrictions, however to make sure all our guests have a comfortable stay all our rooms are fully air-conditioned.

However I was very sorry to hear about cleanliness issues and would like to really apologise for it. I can assure you that all the above issues are addressed to the head housekeeper and she has assured me that this will be rectified by extra checks and refresher trainings in the future.

I have also passed this review onto my reception team and firstly they were very surprised to read about the rude receptionist as they all work very hard to make sure all our guests needs are met however as we do not have your details we don’t know who has dealt with you but the positive thing is they all have assured me that they will make sure none of the guests will have such feeling again.

Dear guest once again I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope the above incident haven’t marred your perception about the Quality Maitrise Hotel and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

For guaranteed best rates please contact us directly on 0207 625 8532.

Many Thanks