1,128 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishlondon hotelwembleypubs
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I gave this hotel a poor rating based on the fact they classify the hotel as four star verses the facts. Let me elaborate;

Four start hotels don't have the following;

mould throughout the bathroom
peeling pain all over the bathroom ceiling
bed that was almost un sleep-able
curtains that smelled of urine
a large stain on bed duvet
WIFi is only available in the lobby not your room as stated.
When we my wife asked a staff member if she could get a espresso from the dinning room a staff member stated it was broken and yet the next morning it was in use. I got the feeling it was the staff member just did not want to get us a coffee.

In the dinning room;
the hotel served cheese in wrappers (this you expect to find at a Stay and Save)
Cheese is located beside a large toasting oven that melted the packets. This of course makes you wonder if it's eatable.
terrible instant coffee
crappy Tea
food was second rate. If you we lucky you were able to get some food as it was rarely replenished

It was not all bad though;
Most staff were nice, especially the woman at the front desk
Hotel is close to a bus stop and one block away from the tube
Starbucks across the street
Tesco Express across the street
Though you can find all of the above anywhere in London.

My suggestion; find a different hotel for the same price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LenS154945
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.

All in all i can clearly see that we have failed to provide you the services which you would expect from a a 4* star hotel.

I am really sorry for all the above issues and I am open to hearing your dissatifaction directly and will be also open to come down to a conclusion which will be satisfactory for you.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and will hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Fawad and Team

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Checking in was fine room was tiny but the level of the service was under par April i found out her name from reception was dreadful shes so miserable and have no knowledge what so ever. I complained room was small no apology she said just all rooms are the same which is a lie because I stayed there before and there is a room longer. Asking for iron and extra pillow had us waiting till after 12 when eventually the night guy got us it. Every time we walk past the reception her face like thunder which makes us hesitate to ask her question to get around. Hospitality was awful shes someone who looks like shes fed up with her job! A little bright side Rapil at checkout had a nice smile which is ashamed how one individual can ruin your stay! =( one little advice for April you need realise if your not happy with your job find a different career its that simple hope you take that into account =)

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Andrews008
Reviewed 22 May 2014

good hotel to stay for sight seeing in London, 5 minutes from tube. good continental breakfast. lots of dining options in the area. super market right across(Tesco). comfy beds, very attentive and helpful staff. Good clean rooms.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kvthinking
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Well looked after will definitely return could just do with king size beds for bigger people excellent service thanks easy underground access 300grm away fantastic pizza pasta Italian 100 yes to the left of the hotel if you want something light to eat

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel going through last minute.com as it was well rated and a fairly good price in comparison to Travellodges and Premier Inns. I now wish we would have gone for one of the aforementioned hotels in a more central location. The Quality Maitrise is ticked away on a street full of kebab shops, local grocers and people being for money. There is an underground line and overground line both within a very short distance on the plus side. The hotel itself is only 5 years old bit the ruins are already showing signs that they need maintenance. The carpet is frayed in pages, the grouting on the bathroom floor is missing or is dirty, there is no sky sports or movie channels, the TV is small and the sound poor. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and i won't be coming back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple