1,127 results
All reviewskilburn parkkilburn high roadbakerloo lineoverground stationtesco expressmain roadgreat showerfull englishlondon hotelwembleypubs
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, the room was tiny and dark with no windows and was very cramped! Despite claiming to be a 4* hotel it is far from it! the breakfast was minimal and as only continental the toast machine wasn't even working. We were told on the second day we had to go for breakfast early because they had a private party on. This was the least of our worriers however because on the last day when we went for breakfast someone entered our room and stole £80 cash. I know this as we had checked our cash when we arrived back at the hotel the night before and when we went to check our and I got my purse out the money was gone, the only time I had left my bag alone was in the room when we went for breakfast. The hotel was very unhelpful claiming it had never happened before, they could not check the CCTV (I later found out it wasn't connected) and there was no manager to speak to, I was given an email address and told it would be investigated. As we had to leave the city that day I had no choice but to take their word that it would be investigated. I did not get a response the next day as promised and had to email the manager to ask if it had been investigated. I was told it would be done the next day. I again had to chase this as had not had a response the next day. The email came back to say the CCTV was disconnected but they had checked the door entry system and found that maintenance had gone into our room when we were at breakfast with no explanation why. They closed the investigation by saying that they had full trust in their staff and there was no evidence of theft! How can this not show them that they have a thief on their staff when we have said there was no other opportunity for this cash to be stolen and they had evidence that they had been in the room? Completely unsatisfactory investigation and I doubt they even questioned the member of staff! I feel violated that the hotel was happy that their staff can enter rooms at leisure when customers have not vacated. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a hotel.mi urge you to fine somewhere else to stay so the same doesn't happen to you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah H
Fawad S, Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Miss Hughes,

Following our previous conversations via email, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay in our Hotel.
As you noted right the investigation took place and we did not find any evidence of theft.
Once more I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and also reiterate the fact that if you wish to contact police please do and we will be more than happy to provide them the evidence we have obtained for their investigation.

If I could be assistant any further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks,

Vlada And Team

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel if a bit pricey for area bar shuts early the wifi is free windows locked no external air I suppose this is due to location on the busy A5 edgeware road no resturants of note near hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Fawad S, Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing Quality Maitrise Hotel.

I am pleased to know that in overall you stay was satisfactory with us.

I have noticed you concern about the windows, please kindly allow me to inform you that it is clearly mentioned on websites that windows are not opening, and all our rooms have air conditioning.

Once again thank you for time.

Many Thanks,

Vlada And Team

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I gave this hotel a poor rating based on the fact they classify the hotel as four star verses the facts. Let me elaborate;

Four start hotels don't have the following;

mould throughout the bathroom
peeling pain all over the bathroom ceiling
bed that was almost un sleep-able
curtains that smelled of urine
a large stain on bed duvet
WIFi is only available in the lobby not your room as stated.
When we my wife asked a staff member if she could get a espresso from the dinning room a staff member stated it was broken and yet the next morning it was in use. I got the feeling it was the staff member just did not want to get us a coffee.

In the dinning room;
the hotel served cheese in wrappers (this you expect to find at a Stay and Save)
Cheese is located beside a large toasting oven that melted the packets. This of course makes you wonder if it's eatable.
terrible instant coffee
crappy Tea
food was second rate. If you we lucky you were able to get some food as it was rarely replenished

It was not all bad though;
Most staff were nice, especially the woman at the front desk
Hotel is close to a bus stop and one block away from the tube
Starbucks across the street
Tesco Express across the street
Though you can find all of the above anywhere in London.

My suggestion; find a different hotel for the same price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LenS154945
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.

All in all i can clearly see that we have failed to provide you the services which you would expect from a a 4* star hotel.

I am really sorry for all the above issues and I am open to hearing your dissatifaction directly and will be also open to come down to a conclusion which will be satisfactory for you.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and will hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Fawad and Team

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Checking in was fine room was tiny but the level of the service was under par April i found out her name from reception was dreadful shes so miserable and have no knowledge what so ever. I complained room was small no apology she said just all rooms are the same which is a lie because I stayed there before and there is a room longer. Asking for iron and extra pillow had us waiting till after 12 when eventually the night guy got us it. Every time we walk past the reception her face like thunder which makes us hesitate to ask her question to get around. Hospitality was awful shes someone who looks like shes fed up with her job! A little bright side Rapil at checkout had a nice smile which is ashamed how one individual can ruin your stay! =( one little advice for April you need realise if your not happy with your job find a different career its that simple hope you take that into account =)

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Andrews008
Reviewed 22 May 2014

good hotel to stay for sight seeing in London, 5 minutes from tube. good continental breakfast. lots of dining options in the area. super market right across(Tesco). comfy beds, very attentive and helpful staff. Good clean rooms.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family