1,201 results
All reviews kilburn park kilburn high road bakerloo line overground station tesco express main road great shower full english wembley pubs
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. On arrival the young lady on reception was very friendly and booked us in quickly. When we got to our room (113) it was very hot and the air conditioning didn't seem to be working very well and the windows don't open. We rang reception and the same member of staff arrived immediately. She thought the air conditioning was working but said this was a warm room. She offered us a different room and changed it straight away. When we got to our new room (204) the air conditioning was clearly working and the room cooled down very quickly. I liked her attitude and response to our issue. The hotel is on a main road but there is virtually no noise. The hotel is tastefully decorated throughout and our room was a good size. There was a very good shower as well as a bath, a fridge and a free safe. My wife is not usually a good sleeper away from home but she slept incredibly well at this hotel due to the excellent bed, the quality curtains keeping out the light and the peace and quiet. The continental breakfast was good but not amazing. Overall a very good hotel and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Maida Vale - London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I'm happy to know that room 204 was up to your expectations and you enjoyed service provided. I'm sorry you experienced problems with air condition, let me reassure you that the problem was fixed straight away.

It is nice to hear that you would like to stay with us again. Please call us directly and we will provide you with the best available price.

Thank you for your time, we will see you in nearest future.

Fawad And Team

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My room on second floor was clean, shower was great, all the conveniences you need for a short visit. The room and bed size is what you get in London and I consider it good value for the money I paid. Service generally good, breakfast sparse but ok. If you want flash/newer and/or romantic look elsewhere for more money closer to London centre.

• Stayed: June 2014
Fawad S, Manager at Maitrise Hotel Maida Vale - London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for a lovely review.

I'm glad to know that service and accommodation met your expectations. Good to know that you got value for money.

Again, I appreciate your time and hope to see you in nearest future i would also like to advise you that if you will be looking to re book the hotel in near future please contact us directly on 02076258532 and we will make sure we give much better prices then our online partners.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, the room was tiny and dark with no windows and was very cramped! Despite claiming to be a 4* hotel it is far from it! the breakfast was minimal and as only continental the toast machine wasn't even working. We were told on the second day we had to go for breakfast early because they had a private party on. This was the least of our worriers however because on the last day when we went for breakfast someone entered our room and stole £80 cash. I know this as we had checked our cash when we arrived back at the hotel the night before and when we went to check our and I got my purse out the money was gone, the only time I had left my bag alone was in the room when we went for breakfast. The hotel was very unhelpful claiming it had never happened before, they could not check the CCTV (I later found out it wasn't connected) and there was no manager to speak to, I was given an email address and told it would be investigated. As we had to leave the city that day I had no choice but to take their word that it would be investigated. I did not get a response the next day as promised and had to email the manager to ask if it had been investigated. I was told it would be done the next day. I again had to chase this as had not had a response the next day. The email came back to say the CCTV was disconnected but they had checked the door entry system and found that maintenance had gone into our room when we were at breakfast with no explanation why. They closed the investigation by saying that they had full trust in their staff and there was no evidence of theft! How can this not show them that they have a thief on their staff when we have said there was no other opportunity for this cash to be stolen and they had evidence that they had been in the room? Completely unsatisfactory investigation and I doubt they even questioned the member of staff! I feel violated that the hotel was happy that their staff can enter rooms at leisure when customers have not vacated. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a hotel.mi urge you to fine somewhere else to stay so the same doesn't happen to you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah H
Fawad S, Manager at Maitrise Hotel Maida Vale - London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Miss Hughes,

Following our previous conversations via email, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay in our Hotel.
As you noted right the investigation took place and we did not find any evidence of theft.
Once more I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and also reiterate the fact that if you wish to contact police please do and we will be more than happy to provide them the evidence we have obtained for their investigation.

If I could be assistant any further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel if a bit pricey for area bar shuts early the wifi is free windows locked no external air I suppose this is due to location on the busy A5 edgeware road no resturants of note near hotel

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing Quality Maitrise Hotel.

I am pleased to know that in overall you stay was satisfactory with us.

I have noticed you concern about the windows, please kindly allow me to inform you that it is clearly mentioned on websites that windows are not opening, and all our rooms have air conditioning.

Once again thank you for time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I gave this hotel a poor rating based on the fact they classify the hotel as four star verses the facts. Let me elaborate;

Four start hotels don't have the following;

mould throughout the bathroom
peeling pain all over the bathroom ceiling
bed that was almost un sleep-able
curtains that smelled of urine
a large stain on bed duvet
WIFi is only available in the lobby not your room as stated.
When we my wife asked a staff member if she could get a espresso from the dinning room a staff member stated it was broken and yet the next morning it was in use. I got the feeling it was the staff member just did not want to get us a coffee.

In the dinning room;
the hotel served cheese in wrappers (this you expect to find at a Stay and Save)
Cheese is located beside a large toasting oven that melted the packets. This of course makes you wonder if it's eatable.
terrible instant coffee
crappy Tea
food was second rate. If you we lucky you were able to get some food as it was rarely replenished

It was not all bad though;
Most staff were nice, especially the woman at the front desk
Hotel is close to a bus stop and one block away from the tube
Starbucks across the street
Tesco Express across the street
Though you can find all of the above anywhere in London.

My suggestion; find a different hotel for the same price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LenS154945
Fawad S, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Maida Vale - London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.

All in all i can clearly see that we have failed to provide you the services which you would expect from a a 4* star hotel.

I am really sorry for all the above issues and I am open to hearing your dissatifaction directly and will be also open to come down to a conclusion which will be satisfactory for you.

If you wish to contact me please call the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and will hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,