“Great location and service”
Review of Hamiltons Hotel

Hamiltons Hotel
Ranked #413 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my parents for a shopping /sightseeing trip. Great location with buses and trams close by. Wonderful personal , very friendly and accommodating to our needs . Free wifi that works ! . Rooms are a bit small but we only slept there .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sabiha H

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was working in London with 3 other lads needed a place to stay! £90 pound twin room! All u want is a clean room to sleep! For £90 you should get that! Oh no what a disgrace! There were nasty stains on mattress and walls! There was a toilet sink an a shower in the space of a phone box! 1 of the lads is built like the hulk! He couldn't shut the door to the shower!! Oh breakfast! We went in sat down! Woman asked "what would u like?" I said "bacon!"
Woman" sorry no bacon"
Me" ok sausage!"
Woman" no sausage"
Me" beans?"
Woman" sorry no beans"
Me" what have you got?"
Woman" eggs! Fry eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs!"
Me" err ok I'll just have some tea thanks!!! "
All that for £90!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PDA04
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Room Tip: Tv didn't work
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hamilton recently for a few hours while I was waiting on someone to whose house I was staying in to return for a journey up north. The hotel staff are nice and friendly and for the price of 70 pounds for the hole of room I got I don't see why they shouldn't be. This hotel is shocking in every single sense and is a shame on the tourist industry if London anyone who might read this review and are in need of a room close to paddington station truly don't bother with this medieval joke of a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alexandros K
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our room was absolutely awful would never go back there. For £90 I was disgusted there was mould all over the celling above the shower there was a big stain behind the unit beside the bed there was a squashed spider on the wall black marks all over other walls an door lock was very weak and the floor under the bed was covered in dead fly's an bugs. Breakfast was horrendous my boyfriend went for a bowl of cereal had one mouthful an spat it out as the milk was off there wasn't much on offer we had toast brought to us that was just about toasted an lucky there was some eggs. The woman who was in the kitchen was leaning on the worktop asleep. We had no cold water in our room as it was running hot so went to reception told the staff we had no cold water an he turned round an said as your room is the only room with a sink in it it's best if u have hot water to wash he was not bothered to sort the problem out. Oh an very noisy as someone decided to pressure wash there car outside our window at 11pm. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL YUK!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hay l
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

The smell of smoke wafted into my room all night. It was noisy made worse because the old windows don't close properly, the half inch gap at the bottom meant that I had a draft into my room all night. The halls were dirty and the carpets dirty and worn. I had black mould all over the shower which didn't work well anyway. The room was a family room it had a double bed and a bunk bed in a small space and a tiny wardroom. The bedside light was broken and had no earth pin so I wouldn't have tried using it anyway. It did have a tv and the bed sheets were clean. It also had a fridge but it smelt a little strange. I wouldn't pay ninety pounds to stay in this hotel again. I've stayed in hostels that were more modern and clean. Granted to the staff were friendly and polite. This is more of a bed sit than a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank 123cactus
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This is a very old hotel. Dingy, not particularly clean and very worn. The room was tiny and falling apart. The bed was terrible, the bathroom was terrible, the wardrobe I would rather not put clothes in. Weak lock on the door and no lock on the window. The location was OK but I have stayed in 4 and 5 star central London hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family