“Loyal customer”

Peking Express Chinese Take Away
Ranked #17,045 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Since I have been a customer of Peking Express since it's opening at around 1998 or 1999 I thought it was time to write them a nice review. I was somewhat surprises by the negative comments as I have never had any issues with their services before. I have to admit some of the staff are not very friendly but they have always been courteous with myself and my husband over the years. I lover their chicken satay and beef with peppercorn sauce and I am one fussy customer. I would really recommend them as one of the best Chinese take-always I have tried in London. I would advise the unsatisfied customers to give them another chance and try other menu items.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

THIS IS THE WORST TAKE AWAY FOOD I HAVE EVER BOUGHT

Our New Years Eve meal was ruined and when we called to complain they refused to do anything about it so all the food was binned and that was £30 down the drain!
I cannot even give it one star but I have to mark in one for the review to be accepted.
The sweet and sour prawns had a grey gloop around them, the sauces smelled rancid and the crispy duck was so overcooked we could not get a fork through it to shred it.
I agree with the previous comment about the bad attitude and total lack of customer care.
Please don't waste your time or money, there are plenty of other take aways!

2  Thank Gem3434
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This place was so bad that in the end we did not bother with the food. The staff were rude, insulting and arrogant. We ordered food and throughout the ordering process the gentleman taking the orders could not be more impatient, unhelpful or frankly wishing we were not there. He was so bad that people came in got the vibe and LEFT without ordering. Finally our food was there and he could not even be bothered to process the handover. So we got the food from the CHEF! Out we went only to discover the order was incomplete. Went back in to a torrrent of abuse and in the end left the food and went elsewhere. Won't want to speculate on why this was our experience as most reviews were very complimentary but this was our reality and that of many we saw while there.

4  Thank Paddy A
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I will have to disagree with anyone who writes a bad review about this place. The food is EXCELLENT and the portions are generous. The prawns are big and juicy and always fresh. I dont often do take aways but this place got me hooked on it

1  Thank viktoria b
Reviewed 4 October 2012

temple fortune lacks a brilient chinese i usaly end up here if im on way home from work and fancy a quick fix the food can be greesy and burnt but works for a quick fix