“we laughed, we cried.. I'm pretty sure the bus is haunted.”

The Ghost Bus Tours - London
Book In Advance
More Info
US$33.17*
and up
London Ghost Tour by Vintage Bus
Ranked #185 of 751 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: All aboard the ‘orrible omnibus for a ride around the dark side of London. The Ghost Bus Tours’ classic Routemaster has been redesigned to give passengers London’s first ‘Fright Bus’ service. On-board actors and technical trickery combine to create the scariest tour in town. A creepy conductor provides the commentary for this sinister sightseeing show, revealing haunted places, unmarked burial grounds and the skeletons in the capital’s cupboard.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We actually went on the York tour but it doesn't have a page! I was so impressed with the bus (Gladys) it has real character and I swear is actually haunted. We couldn't stop chuckling at the tour guide, he looked so scared of the bus that you really started to believe things were unexpected! We're thinking of visiting again for Halloween, perhaps in costume! :) Thanks for a great time.

1  Thank Diamondpony
TheGhostBusTours, Public Relations Manager at The Ghost Bus Tours - London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thanks for a great review! Our York page is under construction and should be up and running soon. Please do come back and see us on Halloween! Gladys always has appreciated strong costuming capabilities… The GBT Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
in 53 reviews
"halloween"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have just got in from the 9pm tour In York and I loved it. Its the amazing combination of the dungeons, a ghost walk and a bus tour. I was litteraly shaking when I left, but I wont spoil it you will have to see what happens for yourself. The Guide (Ramsey Trotte) was excellent and kept you interested throughout, lots of stories and new ones I hadn't heard of since living in york for a good 5 years.

If you enjoy a fright or gruesome stories then give this a go as its a fresh new look on the ghost scene in York.

Stick around Ghostbus I'm gonna visit again for Halloween!!

2  Thank Katie B
TheGhostBusTours, Public Relations Manager at The Ghost Bus Tours - London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for such a wonderful review! Nothing like a sparkling endorsement from a York veteran. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the tour. We'd love to have you back on Halloween! In fact, keep your eyes on our Facebook and Twitter pages (@yorkghostbus), and you could be in with a chance of winning big! There are great options for birthday parties too. Email press@theghostbustours.com for more info. Thanks! The GBT Team.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went on the 7.30pm tour in York on Wednesday 23rd July 2014, bit shocked at the prices (£41 for 2 adults and one teenager), couldn't see any prices on board outside bus on Exhibition Square so felt slightly put upon to then pay as the person who took our money wanted to take my name down with how many in our party and amount being charged and was writing this at same time as telling us the price! However, as we had specifically returned to York in the evening to go on this tour, we paid and alighted the bus. Sat upstairs and there were only 4 other people on bus with us, Ramsey Trotte was a really good guide, and we really enjoyed the entire tour, he made it really worthwhile and we can only imagine how great it would be to be on the tour when the nights are darker, especially at Halloween!! The only real downside was having to get on and off the bus twice on different parts of the tour (as bus couldn't get close enough to some of the places of interest) as my legs were hurting from walking all round Whitby the day before and also walking all round York that day and I really don't know how I managed to keep going up and down the stairs as they were so steep, however, all in all, we highly recommend this tour, we are going back to York in May and July next year and there is the possibility that we may go on this tour again.

2  Thank babycakesmummy
Reviewed 27 July 2014

no.1 They cancelled the 7:30pm tour apparently due to "maintenance" but it was obvious it was because there was 15 people booked in and it would be more cost effective to them to squeeze everyone on the 9pm tour & half the running cost.

No.2 They split up a family with two young boys again because that would mean they could fit an extra couple of the last remaining seats again to maximize the profits. When the actor said to the boy who was now sat of his own next to a complete stranger he was "morally against what just happened" I piped up and said why don't you give him his money back?! But of course that wasn't going to be an option was it!

No.3 The acting was about as cheesy as the sound effects and when we were told we all had to get off to do a walking part of the tour by Tower Bridge underground my brother and I seized our opportunity and escaped!
Ok, I know that the particular "brand of comedy" might not be to everyones taste and the acting might not be that of a London Palladium theatre performance (although apparently that's what makes this tour so expensive) but all that I can kind of let go. It was the blatant disregard for the customers as they did everything to collect as much cash as possible.

After reading your responses to other reviews I know you'll probably say something like "sorry to hear that" or "thousands of people have enjoyed it" etc etc. But please fight the urge, as I can't be any more disappointed. Not 1 person on our tour looked like they were enjoying it and nothing short of a refund would make up for a ruined evening...... but like your cash collector that night, you probably have vanished into thin air with everyones money as soon as the tour departed....... SPOOKY!

9  Thank 213ashley
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

3 of us went on this tour in York. The bus itself is brilliant and has been decorated to add to the spooky atmosphere. The accompanying background music also added to the atmosphere.
I'm not going to ruin this for people wanting to go on the tour by saying what happens but it is very entertaining.
However, the scariest thing about the tour is the price. £41 for 2 adults and a teenager for around an hour and15 minutes. The city sightseeing tour was £24 for the 3 of us and is valid for 24 hours.
I think it was probably twice as expensive as it needed to be.

2  Thank Mark G
TheGhostBusTours, Public Relations Manager at The Ghost Bus Tours - London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

It sounds like you really enjoyed the York tour overall, which is great! At £15, we must be the cheapest theatre show in town. Theatre shows in York range from £20 to £60 per ticket, some of the other bus tours some walking tours are cheaper- but you don't get a guide, let alone a trained actor to show you the sights or the added joy of an incredible carriage, our classic Routemaster!
I'm sorry you feel the tour was expensive. Our York show is our latest invention, and it is changing and evolving with each day! We think our tours are priced fairly for all the creativity and hard work that goes into them. But we're always open to suggestions on how we can improve! Email press@theghostbustours if you'd like to chat further.