“Excellent restaurant with broad appeal”
Review of Cinnamon Lounge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Tardis-like in capacity and with a straightforward approach to the dear old curry classics as well as a lot of new ideas, this place has a lot going for it. The staff were friendly and the service very fast. All five of us got exactly what we wanted, and there was no pressure to do anything else. Highly recommended as a reliable oasis of straightforwardness in a part of London sometimes given over to trendy nonsense.

1  Thank Nick W
There are newer reviews for Cinnamon Lounge

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I was taken here for my birthday meal a while ago and have to admit I will never set food in this restaurant again. We had driven past quite a few times and it looked quite smart from the outside, oh how looks are deceiving!

The service was shockingly slow even though it was a Sunday evening and less than 25% of the restaurant was occupied. It took 3 requests and 30 minutes to bring the drinks over, the starters were so awful we complained about them being sweet *which they should not have been* and overly salty. We were brought out more starters which were supposed to be an improvement but they weren't so sent this back almost untouched. The main course for me was a vindaloo which was supposed to be spicy, it was milder than a basic mild curry! The service was just bad all evening and even though we complained 4 or 5 times during the course of our meal we were given a 10% discount.

My husband was rather upset that he had chosen to take me to this awful place on my actual birthday. We vowed never to go there again! Authentic South Indian food? They lied!

1  Thank ladybong_n_hubby
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very good restaurant. It was a quiet evening but the food was flavoursome and had a good kick of spice to it. Portion sizes were good - medium size of good quality food rather than huge bowls of average food. Good meat to sauce ratio. Attentive service, and very helpful with a friend who had a particular dietary requirement, advising what could/couldn't be eaten. Not as expensive as other Indian restaurants. Modern style of dining area.

Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

This is my local Indian restaurant of choice and I have to say, its very reliable and consistent. It's not going to knock your socks off but the food is of good quality, a cut above the average and its a great takeout option with late opening every day. I find the dining room better in summer if you get a table by the window and can people-watch, but in winter prefer to have dinner delivered.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is your usual neighbourhood Indian restaurant, but with a makeover and attentive service. It's not modern haute cuisine Indian like nearby Rasa, but it is good honest food which we enjoy. We get their takeaways too.