“Clean, hospitable, easy access to tubes”

Marlin Apartments Aldgate
Ranked #70 of 843 Speciality Lodging in London
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Clean, hospitable, easy access to tubes”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A 2 bedroom apartment here easily sleeps 6, with room to spare.

Our apartment was clean and tidy, with a balcony too.

We did have to pay extra for a late check out, and extra for the use of the sofa bed, but all in all, its pretty good value for money.

There's near access to Aldgate East tube at the end of the road, or Aldgate about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Andrada S, Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear M Socialpolly,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with your apartment and balcony.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Andrada Sanducu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was a very nice apartment. The price was a bit high, but since it's London, it was not unexpected. The staff we met during our stay was very nice helped us with whatever we needed.
It was easy to get to the subway, and shops were very close.

It took only 3 days after departure the deposit was transferred back to me

When we stayed there, we were bothered with a lot of noise from hotel next door, because it is under demolition. but it's not the hotel's fault.
All in all, a recommended place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear M jokumzie,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at Marlin Apartments Aldgate. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the service from the team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our apartments again soon.

Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked a two bedroom apartment. We asked for an apartment with a balcony which we were given, on the 14th floor. The apartment was finished to a good standard and spacious. It is a 5 minute walk to Aldgate East Tube Station. Minor points - the blinds and carpets in the bedroom need a good clean and we had to wait ten minutes to check in due to a queue. Overall we were happy and we would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Mr Daniel W,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked your apartment and balcony.

We have noted your comments on the cleanliness of the room. You can rest assured we have shared your feedback in detail with the Executive Housekeeper for immediate review and improvement.

Thank you once again for taking the time to inform us about your experience and your very positive feedback. I am at your disposal should you wish to contact me and we very much hope to welcome you back to the Marlin Apartments Aldgate again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked this place based on its rating on TripAdvisor. It was the highest rated of all the Marlin Apartment even though it is not close to where I was attending a conference in Westminster.
I arrived early and was charged an early check-in fee (Not happy) which allowed me to check in at 11am instead of 3pm. I arrived at 9 and was allowed to check into my apartment (Happy).
The apartment are simple and well laid out. Very clean and functional. They include all appliances you'd require and they provide soap for the dishwasher and the washing machine. Unfortunately, there was construction going on next door and the sound of the jackhammers would wake on up early in the morning.
The personnel were always willing to help and they allowed me to store my luggage after checking out because my flight was only in the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear M Leslie T,

It is a pleasure to know you have enjoyed your stay with us; and were satisfied with our rooms, and services rendered by our team.

With regards to the apartment it is also disappointing that you were disturbed by works taking place nearby when you stayed. Whilst we do have good relationships with our neighbours the noise you experienced was unfortunately beyond our control and regrettably I do not have a record of this being brought to our attention whilst you were with us – otherwise we could have offered you an alternate quieter room.

Thank you once again for taking the time to inform us of your experience and your very positive feedback. I am at your disposal should you wish to contact me and we very much hope to welcome you back to the Marlin Apartments Aldgate again.

Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After a long day of work I had to find a hotel lastminute. I know London is very expensive and often booked out, but I managed to find a room for 260 pounds at the Marlin Aldgate appartments. I booked the room online with my Company Creditcard and the hotel booked of the money of my card straight away. When I arrived at the hotel at 10 PM, the lady behind the reception did not want to let me into my room. Her argument was that my name was not on the creditcard, only the name of my company. I showed her my businesscard with my name on it and also the name of the company ( which was on the creditcard as well) but she refused to let me in. I offered her to pay the room in cash or with my bankingcard and that the financial department of the hotel would refund the money that the hotel took from my card in the days after, but she still refused. She was not willing to help out in any way and I never experienced someone being so rude and stubborn. The last thing that I managed to achieve with her is writing me a confirmation that the hotel would refund the 260 pounds they took of my card and then I left around 10.30 and was on the streets again with my suitcase and no hotelroom. After making several phonecalls I managed to find a hotel 35 minutes away by tube and I was finally able to get some sleep. I never got to see the appartments, but if they look like the photos on the website then they must be nice. But for me is a good and friendly service a huge part in having a good experience in a hotel. I would never ever go back to this hotel again, because I think people should be treated with respect and this lady was not an example of how you should treat guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Feravdb
Andrada S, Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Feravdb,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you on the evening you attempted to check in and am disappointed that you were unable to experience our apartments.

Unfortunately for security and identification purposes, we must verify that the card used to make the booking does belong to the guest by matching the name on the card to a valid form of photo identification. Usually on occasions where a company card is used or a card belonging to somebody else is used, we would ask for a copy of that card and the cardholder’s ID to be sent to us in advance of your stay for verification. I appreciate that in this instance of booking last minute that this was not achievable and for that I apologise for the inconvenience.

We are unable to take large cash payments at the reception; however if you attempted to use your own card to make payment for the booking then this should have been permitted and I am very sorry that our usual procedures were not followed on this occasion. I will personally ensure that all members of staff are retrained on special cases like this so that we are able to maintain our excellent levels of service at all times.

I hope that you will consider us again for a future stay.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been into this apartment for a business trip last week. It was my first apartment experience in London. I always stay in a hotel. The apartment itself was very good. The only disadvantage of this hotel was location to London centre but this was overcome by underground which is 3 min walk from the apartment. The apartment is very close to tesco express. The reception staff are polite and very helpful. The apartment was very nice and clean. I will certainly consider this apartment in my next trip to London. The area itself is very nice and decent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Helmi E
Floreat, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The location was fine and still accessible to the city and tube rail system. Beds were very comfortable and apartment well appointed. Although we booked for twin beds, this didn't come through in the appointed apartment and one child had to sleep on a sofa bed. This just made the living area a little cramped but worked anyway. Front desk staff were very helpful with assisting with the collection of a parcel and tried to help with what we asked.

Washing machine was terrible and we had trouble getting it to work properly. Airconditioning should be considered for the times when it does get hot.

Room Tip: avoid side of building overlooking building site as it is noisy