“Disappointing”

Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel
Ranked #203 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for lesuire purposes due to its brilliant location. On arrival with our pushchair we were told that we couldnt use the outside stair lift as it took too long! So we had to carry the pushchair up the stairs and down everytime we entered or exited the building. On finding our room we realised that there was NOT a cot as we requested. So we asked at reception as we were going out.
When we returned back we were greeted by a nervous looking member of staff who said she had found us a cot and that she hoped it was ok. So we went to our room via a lift which was great, only to find that we had been given a cot with no mattress. It was a travel cot which has a cross work of metal poles underneath and a thin sheet of material over them. All that was provided was a couple of extra sheets and a pillow (yes for a baby). I called the staff member up who then lied to us, stating that it was against their policy due to cot death. This is completely wrong as you can see from their website. We were then moved to another room so my baby could sleep in a bed!!!. Once being moved to a family room( with no lift access) i called downstairs to speak to a Manager! I states that i know friends which have used cots with mattresses in Premier Inn Hotels before. The manager then stated "but did you actually witness it yourself!".....ten minutes later she turned up at our room with a travel cot complete with mattress!. I had tried to explain to them that the mattress is what wraps around the cot to hold it together when folded down, and yes i had been right! The young staff member just didnt have a clue what she was doing! Expecting a baby to sleep on metal framing with no matress.
So all in all we were now in a room with no room for a cot, that also didnt have lift access! It was so late that we stayed where we were and squashed the cot imbetween beds.
Was an absolute disgrace and put a real downer on our break.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank chelle1979
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was coming to London on Business and decided to bring my young son and husband with me so family friendly was important to us. All staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly, the hotel was spotless and the location is great. We stayed two nights, but three days, the hotel were happy to provide us a safe place for our luggage before we could check in and after we had checked out.

The hotel room was bright, clean, fresh and felt airy, with plenty of room for a king size bed, a single and a desk and chair, and us and our luggage. The en-suite shower room was bright, and spotlessly clean, and much larger that I expected of a hotel in this area, and at such a low cost.

We found the meals in the restaurant were superb and excellent value for money, especially by London Standards. The breakfast, not included in the room rate, which was all you can eat including a full English, was to a very high standard, fresh ground coffee, high quality cereals, juices, bacon, sausages, eggs etc. In fact, we were so impressed with it, and the first evening meal we had there, that we ate breakfast and dinner there every day of our stay, and even after we checked out returned to the restaurant for dinner.

The staff were wonderful, so helpful, friendly, attentive and alert and also so accommodating and understanding. We look forward to staying here again, and my only hesitation in recommending it is that I don't want so many people staying there that it is impossible to get a room!

1  Thank Sarah F
Lisi S, Manager at Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Sarah F,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Premier Inn London Victoria.

I am delighted that you experienced a great stay with us and found the room spotless as well as our meals superb. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is a pleasure to hear that you found our staff welcoming and attentive.

We look forward in your next visit with us

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Accommodation was close to entertainment, train & bus station. We asked for a top sheet and was put on our bed so we had to make the bed ourselves. The restaurant meal was good but meal was just warm.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean W,

I am glad that you experienced a fine stay with us and found the location of good use to you. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us ,we look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Reasonable priced hotel very close to station and theatre. Easy access from airport. Close to a range of restaurants and sights. Good value for a short trip to London. Staff helpful, internet only available in public areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisi S, Manager at Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Pippa H,

I am glad that you experienced a good stay with us and found the location excellent for use to you. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is a pleasure to hear that you found our staff friendly.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked a Premier Inn for our 3 night trip to London mainly because I wanted our 2 boys to have proper beds rather than share a sofa bed, as would have been to case in many of the hotels I looked at.
I can honestly say that the staff are some of the most pleasant and helpful I have ever come across. As soon as we arrived someone was straight over to help us at the machine to get our room cards and every time we passed reception someone said hello.
Our room (114) was in the old part of the building and in the corner, we were pleasantly surprised at how big it was. We had a large room with a double bed and two single beds for the boys, a little separate seating area and a huge bathroom. It would have been nice if the bathroom had some natural light, but not the end of the world. Also you couldn't open the windows at all and although it said that fresh air was constantly circulated around the room I felt the room needed a good proper airing.
We unpacked then headed out for a bit sightseeing. We found that Buckingham Palace wasn't very far away at all. When heading back to the hotel we tried to get a table at 'Giraffe' but it was too long a wait, so headed back to the hotel for our evening meal.
Again the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The menu was large and the children's menu was one of the best we have come across in a hotel (3 courses for less than £6). My eldest had a prawn cocktail starter , the prawns were large and fresh with a lovely salad with it. I thought everything was very reasonably priced, especially the drinks. A pint of Stella was actually less than what we would pay in one of our locals and my large glass of Rose was probably 50p more expensive. We all really enjoyed our food, it was all served piping hot and was very tasty.
We all slept well that night and I was pleased that there was a pillow choice as the original one on the bed was too hard for me.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent, good choice of continental and cooked and a Costa coffee machine. The children had boiled eggs cooked for them.
I booked a table on line at Giraffe for the 2nd night of our stay and although the food was good, the service was pretty poor. It was just too busy and the table was tiny we were put on, but there was nowhere else to move to. The next night we decided to eat at the hotel again and again had an excellent meal.
Whilst at London we enjoyed the Big Bus Tour (48 hour) and also visited the Natural History Museum for the dinosaur gallery and the London Eye (all pre booked before we arrived). The rest of our time was just spent wandering and enjoying the sights. We passed some horrendous queues (particularly Madame Tussauds) whilst on the tour bus and were told that it was a 3 hour wait to get in. With our boys being 5 and 10 there are only a certain amount of museums that they are interested in, but it's amazing how a walk through Belgravia car spotting can be so entertaining for them.
We will definitely visit London again and I would stay at Premier Inn Victoria again, we found the location to be ideal, the staff excellent and the food brilliant .

Room Tip: Room 114 in the old part of the hotel was large, good for a family of 4
1  Thank RuthH

Dear RuthH,

I am delighted that you and your family experienced an enjoyable stay with us and found the breakfast and dinner of good value as well as our location of great use to you. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is a pleasure to hear that you found our staff pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Up until this week, when I stayed here for two nights, I was a Premier Inn virgin. As in all good first-time experiences, this one really did hit the spot and more than fulfilled my expectations. In reading some of the other reviews, I'm baffled how some people managed to pay nearly £200 a night here. Like, hello, who gets you dressed in the morning when you think it's perfectly acceptable and reasonable to fork out that sort of money for a budget hotel room, even if it is in London and a prime locale at that. This hotel really did the Premier Inn brand justice with an excellent family room which was immaculate and I really mean that, plus, great staff who genuinely did go out of their way to say hello and do the customer service bit. I've stayed in a lot of 4-star hotels around London on business and I can honestly say that the vast majority were definitely NOT four star quality; I could write a book about it. So, for me, I'll be back here every time, so long as I can get a room at the right price and I think Premier Inns will definitely deliver on that one. Just one comment I would make on some complaints around room size. Not sure what you want a mega-saized room for anyway; you're in London for fun, right? Well get out there and have some! We stayed on the 5th floor and the room size was more than adequate for the three of us. Thanks Premier Inn Victoria and to the guys and girls working there; you all helped make our stay a very pleasant one. Well done!!!

4  Thank Bluepilot

Dear Bluepilot ,

I am pleased that you experienced a pleasant stay with us and found the room immaculate. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is wonderful to hear that you found our staff very friendly.

We look forward in your next visit at the hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having never stayed at a Premier Inn before, when I was booked in for a business stay I didn't know what to expect.
On arrival, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was spotless - you could even choose the softness of your pillow, which was a novelty that my poor friends had to hear about over the phone for the duration of my stay. Sleep came easily, and the noise from the street was practically non-existent. The room temperature was great and the room was made up immaculately every day.
The breakfast was excellent; all the food was fresh and hot, and the dining room was comfortable.
Premier Inn, I will be back - you've got a new fan!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear En Scotcher

I am delighted that you experienced a fantastic stay with us and found the room spotless as well as our breakfast excellent. At Premier Inn our aim is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is a pleasure to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful.