“Very Good Quality”

Searcys St Pancras Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Searcys St Pancras Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,145 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Discover Searcys St Pancras Restaurant & Bar opposite Searcys Champagne Bar on the Upper Concourse of St Pancras International Station. A grand 1920s setting, enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner, alongside a range of wines and cocktails. The all-day dining menu features the likes of Cornish rump of lamb with artichokes, shallots, rosemary and feta, or the hearty Creedy Carver chicken pie. Healthy and vegetarian options include the quinoa, avocado, spinach, pink grapefruit, and toasted superfood seed salad, whilst the floating island is amongst the irresistible dessert options. The cocktail menu at Searcys St Pancras mixes contemporary techniques and flavour pairings with inspiration from the bygone era of the roaring 1920s. Searcys St Pancras offers amazing views of the Eurostar Terminal in an architecturally stunning Victorian setting. Offering an event space for up to 250 guest as well as private dining rooms and group bookings, this make it a perfect destination for your event.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

An extremely pleasant place to eat. We were there in the early evening and the restaurant was not overly busy. Nice for us, no loud babble or crowds. The serving staff were swift, very efficient and cheerful. There were three of us dining and there wasn't a flaw with any of the food served to us. Comfortable seating, good ambience not much more to say really. £11.50 for a glass of white wine made sure that none of us drank more than was good for us or my wallet! However, this was such a pleasant experience that I feel a little churlish even mentioning the price. If you haven't been, go - you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've visited this bar a few times since it opened, my first experience was pleasant so I went back. The food & service then was good, not exceptional but good.
Now it's terrible! Steadily the service has become almost non existent & I don't like the "service charge" they add onto your bill, I find it stealth like.
My last visit was a few days ago & I ended up going to the bar myself to order. Despite me talking to the waiter when he brought our order he completely ignored me! I said to my husband "it's like being back in SA 14 years ago!"
There's plenty of champagne selections on offer but their prices don't match the quality or service I've experienced elsewhere. Judging by the amount of negative reviews I've seen I don't think Management care.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We visited Searcy's for afternoon tea as a group of ten and the level of service was so bad it felt like a comedy sketch. Despite having booked a table they did not seem prepared for us and there was a considerable wait whilst they provided plates and it was over half an hour before water and our tea arrived. The waiter was abrupt when asked by one of the group for a cup and proceeded to fiddle and smell the tea to prove that the right tea had been provided to each of us! It was 45 minutes before our afternoon tea arrived, but the food was very good and we were advised to let them know if we wanted any more sandwiches, scones or cakes. It was often hard to find a waiter and when we asked for more scones they arrived over 20 minutes later. By this time we didn't really want them, but they brought 10 without asking how many we wanted. Upon paying the bill the supervisor / manager did not even ask why we wanted the service charge to be removed and appeared to be fully aware and accept that the service was below standard. They had also charged us £22 for the additional scones! It's such a shame as the venue is beautiful and I can only assume they rely on passing trade. They are really missing a trick, but I won't be going back again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were travelling back up north and though we'd treat ourselves to a glass of fizz in the champagne bar when my colleague noticed the offer... 2 courses and a glass of fizz for £15. Whilst this menu is clearly limited and cheaper food options , it was delicious. I had the sardines and then a wild mushroom risotto - fabulous. My colleague had goats cheese and chicken which she loved too. The usual daytime menu didn't look too pricey either and the service was attentive too. A great find if you've an hour to kill before trains at Kingscross or St Pancreas not sure if they attract any other trade but I would recommend.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Best Bloody Mary we have ever tasted in London, a bold statement for someone who lives in London! Great service, beautifully decorated (some may find it too traditional but I find it refreshingly normal and not try-hard like most new restaurants today), and best of all, they catered well for children (very clever, considering the baby boom in the UK). We had the kids portion of fish and chips (made to adult standards, best batter and moist fish I have tasted in years), walnut chicory and Cashel blue salad, wild mushroom gnocchi with truffle oil, and a traditional Sunday roast pork. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented, and flavour was bang on. Will return.