“A nice surprise”

St Pancras Grand Restaurant -Searcys
Reserve with OpenTable
St Pancras Grand Restaurant -Searcys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,758 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover a stunning restaurant in the regenerated St Pancras International Station, created by respected designer Martin Brudnizki and situated opposite the Searcys Champagne Bar on the Grand Terrace. This unique London restaurant menu combines old favourites with modern classics using local ingredients. With a private dining room, semi-exclusive spaces and availability for full venue hire, the restaurant is a versatile space for any event. Whether it's a Christmas or summer party, corporate events, weddings, or a business meeting for up to 14 delegates, we can cater for all your needs. For full venue hire we can cater for up to 150 diners or 250 standing guests.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend booked us in here for dinner on a Friday night while on a girls weekend. I was a bit dubious going for a meal in a train station... but I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is quite dark inside and we were originally seated right beside the door. We asked if they could move us and they kindly obliged. I had a pate to start which was really rich but not heavy and it was served with a delicious pineapple chutney. For main I had a hanger steak which was priced at £16. I didn't have too high expectations on this, but it was absolutely amazing! I ordered medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and was melt in the mouth! Our waiter was a bit of a character and as we were a group of 4 girls, he was bubbly and flirty which was good fun and he made us all laugh throughout the night. I was really surprised with how good the quality of the food was here, especially as it wasn't expensive. I would happily go back if I was in the area.

• Visited May 2014

London
“A convenient lunch venue”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lunched here with a friend - its convenient to meet here as both our trains come into St Pancras. We've eaten here a few times and I have to say it never really quite hits the mark. Service is always slow and the food okayish. Having said that we had the £15 for two courses set menu which includes a glass of pink fizz - not bad value although my mushroom risotto wasn't particularly mushroomy. My pal opted for the chicken which was plentiful and she enjoyed that. However we had to ask specifically for that £15 menu as it wasn't brought initially! My pal wanted a dessert wine and was duly brought the dessert wine list - she sat and looked at her dessert for about 10 minutes, then caved in and ate it - no-one having reappeared to take her order. I have to say the waiters are very good at not making eye contact and not much good at anything else. if I had to sum this place up it would be "could do better"!

London, United Kingdom
“nice decor, poor food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went for dinner - decor is good in the restaurant - food was poor. The lamb casserole didn't taste of much, meat was dry, seasoning bland and the dish watery. Service friendly but pushy on the wines. Will try and eat in the Booking Hall or Gilbert Scott next time.

Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent lunch - the fixed price menu including a glass of pink fizz was excellent value for money. The quality of the food and the presentation was superb.
The staff went out of their way to make it a very special birthday surprise for my father.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Kiama, Australia
“Style without Substance”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This is an attractive setup in a convenient location for travelers. We found the service offhand and complicated by the waitress's language difficulties. The food was only average for a more than average price.