“What a Find!”
2nd Bedroom
Patio Garden
3rd Bedroom
Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
“What a Find!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010 for a stay in January 2010

We've just returned from a six night stay in this immaculate property, and can unequivocally recommend it. Our trip was business for my husband, combined with a little sightseeing with me, so this apartment was perfect for our needs. The location is ideal, being near Paddington - you can take the Heathrow express and be at the apartment in about a half hour from Heathrow, then day tour using the tube and rail system. There are three nicely furnished bedrooms and although it was just my husband and myself, this flat could easily accommodate a larger family. I was impressed with the quality of the finishes and the fact that everything is in a fine state of repair. I have stayed at many rentals sourced over the internet, and have experienced how a place can look different in person compared to the pictures provided. The pictures DO give you a very good indication of what this unit looks like - (yes the kitchen actually shines like that). It was great to be able to do a load or two of wash and carry a lighter suitcase. Nice modern marble bathrooms, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. My husband said, "What a find!" - we spent less than we would have at many hotels, and enjoyed many times the space and facilities we would have had in a hotel room.

Fred and Iris are as described in earlier reviews, very charming hosts and very helpful about answering any questions or concerns. Fred even contacted me from Australia, where he was visiting, to answer a question about the wireless internet.

We had dinner at several local restaurants, 1/2 mile or less and very walkable from the flat:
Le Cafe Francais - "Affordable luxury gourmet" - by Whitely's - delicious meal in a lovely dining room.
Spice of India - on Bathurst St. - good Indian and good value
Tiroler Hut - Austrian food with live music, downstairs on Westbourne Grove near Whitely's. A little loud, but tasty and an adventure.

Thanks Fred and Iris for a lovely stay in your apartment home.

Liked best: Quality Space Location
Liked least: Had to go home
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic location, great apartment”
Reviewed 14 January 2010 for a stay in December 2009

Directions to the apartment, instructions on facitlites, equipment, etc. & security were faultless. We really appreciated the sms welcoming us as well as follow up after our stay & the store of food & snacks provided.
The apartment was in great condition, well appointed & had everything we needed for 4 adults & 2 children. The extensive DVD & CD library were really a great source of entertainment for us.
Best for us was the location & the 'comfortableness' of the apartment.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our home away from home”
Reviewed 9 January 2010 for a stay in December 2009

We loved the apartment for it's spaciouness,
cleanliness
and cosy "at home" feeling. It was well appointed
and the provision of supplies was very handy.
The neighbourhood was quiet and it was easy
access to Paddington station and buses. We will
definitely
return to stay when next in London.

Switzerland

Liked best: The space
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family with young children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Wales
Reviewed 17 November 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

Liked best: Well equipped, Clean and Modern
Liked least: Steep stairs unsuitable for physically disabled
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Ireland
Reviewed 12 November 2009 for a stay in October 2009
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Space, facilities, customer service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing