“I'm sure it would have been nice!”

St. George's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 252 Bars & Pubs in London
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: You will find The St George's Tavern in Victoria London within a short stroll of Victoria Street, Vauxhall Bridge Road and Buckingham Palace Rd - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.The St George's Tavern is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Attended at just after 10am to get some breakfast as advertised on the company website only to be told at the door that the place was not open until 11am.

The chap at the door was good enough to direct us to a nearby Wheatherspoons which was good as my son was hungry.

Sort out the website. Nothing like being let down without getting through the door!

1  Thank Renwick1980

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had dinner downstairs in the Churchill dining room which had low ceilings and brick walls: a perfect English pub/restaurant atmosphere. There were ~15 drinks on tap. According to our waitress, the menu had recently changed. There were several types of pot-pies and other English specialties. I had the venison sloe gin pie, and my husband had the chicken and mushroom pot pie. Both were very good. For our meal of 2 pies, 2 beers and 1 cider, it was 31 pounds, which was very reasonable.

It's very close to the Victoria train station. I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a really nice meal here in the downstairs Churchill dining room. The service was brisk and the food was competant. There was less selection of beer than we would have liked. There was a wide selection of items, which is helpful when feeding a family. We did find it rather expensive but it was really convenient to our hotel after a busy day of sight seeing.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Martin will warmly welcome you and introduce to the menu. Great chicken and mushroom pie, lovely Nicholson's ultimate burger, try sousage and mash. We loved a good pint of meantime london lager bier with garlic bread and chees. Really typical Churchill dining room downstairs. We strongly reccomend it and we'll be back.

2  Thank yleniascricciola
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great pub atmosphere with a special price of 10 pounds for 2 full English breakfasts. Such a bargain that we had to eat there twice (& we usually don't repeat meals on vacation). Can't remember his name, but the proprietor was friendly & accommodating. I'm from Texas & I'm not a coffee drinker so I start my day with iced tea. I got hot brewed tea & tons of ice to make my own which was very good!

1  Thank Karen C