“At last!”

Ranked #28 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$33 - US$96
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: With an exceptional Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes, Seven Park Place at St. James's Hotel and Club is the latest exquisite dining destination from Executive Chef William Drabble, showcasing his culinary skill and creativity. William's dishes are modern French in style, and primarily use fine British ingredients. He is passionate about using the best seasonal ingredients from specialist suppliers. The Seven Park Place dining room is chic and intimate, while private dining is available for groups of 9 people or more. Luxurious and elegant, St. James's Hotel and Club boasts an unparalleled location just off St. James's Street in London, near to Mayfair, the West End and Green Park Tube station.
London, United Kingdom
“At last!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Not much to say. Except that the set lunch blew me away. Just give me food I actually want to eat, i.e not a whole course of radishes, and make it really nice. Nicer than food at a 2 for 1, nicer than a chain. Seven Park place did that and more. I had the red mullet, sea bream (yep 2 fish courses that got progressively better) and the banoffee souffle with chocolate sauce. All were excellent. Free glass of wine so £40 inc service with a cheeky second glass. Negatives. The decor is as strange as you have heard elsewhere, but who cares when the food is this good.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very very nice”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Only a small restaurant. Pleased we managed to get a table. Food was so tasty; scallops to start followed by turbot for me. Definately recommend it.

UK
“A gem of a One star restaurant”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a relatively small intimate restaurant, but we found that we really liked the unusual layout and the lively atmosphere. The service was excellent and the maître d Theo deserves a special mention, his charming and engaging manner really helped make the evening, special for us. The French/Canadian sommelier also deserves a mention, she was very helpful and informative with a very pleasant personality. We have eaten William Drabble's food before on several occasions when he was at Aubergine which was a two star restaurant so we know he can certainly produce food to a high standard. We were not disappointed, we opted for the a la carte menu, all the courses were perfect, the main course of an assiete of lamb (which is I understand is the chef's signature dish) was completely wonderful, the lamb rare and yet melted in your mouth, the neck of lamb was so tasty and tender. Both of our desserts were also lovely, in my case and assiete of apple, apple cooked three ways. Overall we had a lovely evening I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BobTayloruk
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Credit where credit is due”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The last time I reviewed Seven Park Place, the unfortunate incident of the cancelled table robbed it of a top rating for me. My return visit today however could not have been better, The staff could not have been more engaging, from the delightful doorman whose manner was as sunny as the spring day to the restaurant manager himself who came over inquire about the difficulty of the last visit and ensured this one was faultless.

The starters, preceded by a beetroot amuse-bouche, were both superb. I had a poached egg on a bed of black pudding and crispy bacon which was perfect in every element and beautifully presented. My guest had the scallop mousse he had previously, as he had enjoyed it so much the first time. For main course, the fish and duck were both served with a delicious sauce and imaginatively chosen beds of vegetables.

We then went for the cheese plate and had one portion between the two of us - a good move as the slices of five different cheeses were very generous - so much so in fact that we did not have a dessert afterwards which is very unusual for me.

Coffee was served with a wonderful box of exquisite truffles followed by marshmallows.

With superb service to match the fine food on this visit, I could not give it less than excellent this time around.

1 Thank Trevor S
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous afternoon tea”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was there with my family for afternoon tea. There is a great choice of tea and the service was very very attentive. The price is also very reasonable, as there is quite a few of us, they have allowed us for extra room and got us into the lounge/ library area. It was a great afternoon.

• Visited December 2013