“Very good all round”

Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City of London
Transit: Nearest underground station is Bank which is within close walking distance. Also nearby is Moorgate and St Pauls. Ironmonger Lane is sited just off Poultry/Cheapside.
Description: Sleek and contemporary, Harry���s Bar is an elegantly modern restaurant with bags of style situated mere moments from London���s bustling Cheapside and the Bank of England building. Beloved of local businessmen and women, Harry���s Bar combines the good, unfussy food and discrete, professional service preferred by the discerning locals, making it ever popular during both lunch and dinner services. In addition to the delightful British and Modern European menu with its eclectic range of dishes, Harry���s Bar also offers a tempting cocktail list, accompanied in the bar on certain nights by music from resident DJs. Whether letting your hair down after a hard day in the office or entertaining clients or colleagues, Harry���s Bar delivers the ideal setting.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Very good all round package. Warm and friendly welcome on arrival and good service throughout. Nice menu with good eclectic choices. Decent wine list with prices for all wallets and generally reasonable value. Food very well presented and really tasty.

Harry's B, Owner at Harry's Bar & Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, always much appreciated.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Unsure if a place to eat, I suggested to my friends that we look at Harry's Bar. Not sure why it's called a bar as it's more of a restaurant.

The food was great and the portion size was not too bad. Starters cost around £10 l, mains around £25 and sides £4.50. We had a bottle of sparkling water and that was £5.

We used our gourmet card at the time and got 50% off the food bill and this made it great value.

I would visit again! Great place!

Thank you for your review and the point is taken regarding our name, Harry's Bar! So glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I went to Harry's Bar for a business lunch. I had booked the table and mentioned that I had a Gourmet Card that would give me a 50% discount on food. The person I was meeting had arrived first and was at the table with a menu, she said that they did not appear to know I had booked a table. When the waitress came to take our drinks order, I had to call her back twice as she seemed in a hurry to leave before I had completed the order. When I mentioned I was using a Gourmet Card she yanked the menus out of our hands and gave us their "Gourmet Card" menu. I asked what the difference was as they appeared to be the same. She said that there were some differences with the choice of food in the grill section. On closer inspection, we saw that the food was the same but the prices were higher on the second menu, with the odd pound or two being added onto each item on the menu. I thought this very cheeky. Surely it would be better to offer a lower discount on the main menu rather than substitute the main menu with a different one with higher prices. It goes against the principle of the Gourmet Card and probably against Trading Standards.
The food we ate was very enjoyable, but it is quite expensive compared to other nearby restaurants. It is a shame that the service and the rather odd discount menu with inflated prices left a sour taste.

1  Thank ClareVS

Apologies for any confusion arising from your guest arriving first and us being unaware that the table had been booked in your name, which may have led to some embarrassment. However, to clarify regarding our 50% menu, this is not in fact a Gourmet Card menu but a Promotional Menu we offer which is much coveted by many of our customers and, of course, Gourmet Card customers also!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Great atmosphere, very tasty food, good selection of wine, service first class. We would like to thank Wiktoria-server and rest of staff as well. Definitely we will recommend that fabulous place.

Thank you Katazyna for your lovely review - we certainly ensure all our staff are made duly aware of all comments made on Trip Advisor and are much appreciated!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The cocktails are amazing. I had the Red lady and loved it so much I ordered a 2nd one ! For dinner I had the duck which was delicious. My friend had the pork belly which came with a huge piece of crackling and needless to say that all disappeared. For dessert I had key lime pie which was similar to an apple tart rather than a slice of pie and my friend had the peanut butter parfait, which he said tasted better when it had been left for a while, so we enjoyed our dessert wine ! The staff were very attentive and took time to answer any questions we might have. The downstairs area was subtly lit and we felt very relaxed & chilled. I will definitely be coming back here.