“Nice location & good food”

Harry's Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #5,176 of 25,453 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$65
Cuisines: Central European, Contemporary, British, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City of London
Transit: Nearest underground station is Bank which is within close walking distance. Also nearby is Moorgate and St Pauls. Ironmonger Lane is sited just off Poultry/Cheapside.
Description: Sleek and contemporary, Harry���s Bar is an elegantly modern restaurant with bags of style situated mere moments from London���s bustling Cheapside and the Bank of England building. Beloved of local businessmen and women, Harry���s Bar combines the good, unfussy food and discrete, professional service preferred by the discerning locals, making it ever popular during both lunch and dinner services. In addition to the delightful British and Modern European menu with its eclectic range of dishes, Harry���s Bar also offers a tempting cocktail list, accompanied in the bar on certain nights by music from resident DJs. Whether letting your hair down after a hard day in the office or entertaining clients or colleagues, Harry���s Bar delivers the ideal setting.
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Good ambience & nice atmosphere. The location is excellent as well (close to Bank Station). And a nice pub / bar feeling if this is what you are after but not overally great either. Good place to meet up after work for drinks ... anything more and I would try for something else.

Debra H, Owner at Harry's Bar & Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again when we re-open as Harry's Bar and Brasserie at the end of January after our refurbishment.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

A very pleasant lunch with a client who was so impressed he is changing an appointment from his original choice to Harry's
Great food and very unobtrusive service

Thank you so much for your very positive review, so good to hear and extremely encouraging to all at Harry's Bar. We hope to see you again very soon and, of course, your client.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We used the Tastecard voucher which saved us 50% on mains. Even then it wasn’t cheap, but we did push the boat out a bit, with dessert wine etc.

The food was excellent. I had the crab & avocado which was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. Then I had the venison which was lovely. Even the chips were perfect.

The staff were charming, helpful and attentive.

The decor is a bit stark, and the place is a noisy, even after they turned the music down.

All in all, a great meal. Make sure you don’t pay full price.

Thank you very much for your comments, it is great to hear how much you enjoyed your food and also your comments regarding our staff. All reviews are portrayed to the staff and always lovely to hear when they are appreciated. You may be pleased to hear that we are just about to refurbish and will be re-opening at the end of January 2018 so we hope to see you again for our new look Harry's Bar and Brasserie.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Had a meal with friends for a catch up as we hadn't seen each other in months. Before we ate we had a quick drink at the bar which is really nice.
Unfortunately the issue started when we went to our table. There was a table of 2 next to us with about 5 people round it and one guy was in my chair. My whole meal was ruined by what ended up with about 6 people sitting around the table next to me. I was so uncomfortable i couldn't move my chair out to go to the ladies and some guy had squashed next to me. Put it this way i heard their whole conversations about marriage and computers I couldnt hear my friends. They weren't eating so not sure why they were in the restaurant, it gave an atmosphere of having a cheap pub meal I ended up giving up on conversation with dinner in the end.
The reason I feel bad is that due to this our meal was ruined and we completely overlooked how good the food and out waitress was. The service was 5*. But we were so annoyed that we only paid a 3rd of the service charge.
I would give this place another go on reflection just a shame about the table of 6 next to me.

Harry's B, Owner at Harry's Bar & Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Am so sorry your enjoyment was spoilt by having customers sitting close to you, we take care to set our tables apart to offer more privacy but clearly friends had joined this table making it uncomfortable for you. On a positive note we are very happy to hear that service and food were excellent, thank you! Also pleased to see that you would return and please note we are always happy to accommodate requests for quieter areas/tables.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Very good all round package. Warm and friendly welcome on arrival and good service throughout. Nice menu with good eclectic choices. Decent wine list with prices for all wallets and generally reasonable value. Food very well presented and really tasty.

Thank you for your positive comments, always much appreciated.