“Change the foto, please :-D”
Review of Westfield Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Westfield Hostel
Ranked #493 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
Prague, Czech Republic
“Change the foto, please :-D”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

According to the design of the web site, I have expected something more professional, with
reception and so on. It is very easy to miss the hostel, so check the street view before your arrival. Our room was equipped with a bed (clean), a carpet (very dirty), a lamp (without a bulb), a TV (dunno if working) and hooks and hangers (no wardrobe). Honestly, when we (me and my wife) saw the room, we were a little bit desperate, because a few days ago we spent our holiday in a 4 star hotel in Budapest. I know it is not comparable! So I said to myself something like “Come on, it is just a hostel and we are not going to spend our time here, only the nights”. And so it was. The bathrooms were clean. The kitchen wasn’t. Everything in the kitchen was tired and dinky and saturated with the smell of curry (actually, the entire hostel was saturated with that smell!). The only thing we used was a corkscrew. The owner was polite and fine, he even provided us with electricity adapter. Some trouble times experienced my wife with the wife of the owner as she (the wife of the owner) was surprised that my wife is going to use the bathroom on the third floor (the most cleanly at the moment). But the owner told us we can use any of them so I do not know what her problem was! And one night she (the wife of the owner) watched my wife in the corridor and asked her some questions and my wife felt very surprised and a little bit depressed. But I think it was all just her way of behaviour and kind of manner. Location of the hostel is great (Shepherd`s Bush) and prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: No option :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LukaHlisnik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Clare H said it all before : " A little tired, but great location and perfect for a comfortable place to crash!” and her description text is entirely true. We enjoyed our 5 nights/6 days stay there and found Chandra was very helpful and accommodating.Very happy overall and one can't complain about the price !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GiseleBT67
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I scared when I read the reviews but I stayed here for 8 nights, staffs are so helpful and friendly to me. The room is okay for this price, kind of noisy at night but it's alright. very easy to get around by tube and bus. I don't know what other people think but I would come here again if I come to London. Nothing is perfect if you're expect too much

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Arty211
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This place is beyond disgusting , one of the owners "Chanda" is not to be trusted , he charges people money black without registering it.So there is no paper trail what so ever that you have payed. Last night i was sitting on my bed when Chandra came in to the room without even knocking and he had a scale with him for another girl who wanted to way her bags before her flight. Then he say to me " hey skinny come on the scale ,so i can see how much you weight" that comment escalated to a verbally aggressive debate and it ended up with him trying to throw my bags out in the street without giving my money back , i ended up calling the police for backup.
The cops arrived within 5 mins luckily and they told him he had no right to touch my personal property or through me out since i had already payed for a week . Because it was quite late at night i ended up staying over the night and left early this morning.
DO NOT GO THERE !! HE IS NOT 2 B TRUSTED!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank BriannaLk_12

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We booked a 7 night stay here before and during the August Bank holiday weekend. The location of the hostel is brilliant- less than a 1 minute walk from Shepherds Bush Market tube station with plenty of buses too. Local amenities are good, with a Tesco Express just over the road and lots of other takeaway/ small restaurants and independent retailers down the road- the Westfield Shopping Centre is only a 5 minute walk, too.

We looked on Google Street View prior to our trip so knew what we were looking for when we got there. The staff in the adjoining off-license contacted the owner and we were welcomed into the building and shown our room (a twin room comprising of bunk bed, clothes rail, lamp, chair, small set of drawers, full length mirror, lockable storage under the bed and a tv). The welcome was brief, but friendly, and we paid cash there and then and received our key- one for the room and one for the main door (we were offered a key each but declined). The room itself (like the hostel) was a little tired but absolutely fine if all you wanted was a comfortable place to sleep. The kitchen and bathrooms were cleaned by the owners regularly and the only reason for them being in a less than satisfactory condition was as a result of the others in the hostel- but you will get that anywhere I imagine. Showers were nice and hot with plenty of pressure and facilities in the kitchen included cookers, utensils, microwave, fridge, kettle etc.. There was also a computer and free internet access available in one of the hallways. Heating in the room was good- although we had the window open 24/7 as it was a little on the warm side! For me, our room was a little on the noisy side as we were right on the road but I expect this is just because I am not used to city noise/ traffic.

Overall, this place suited us fine (and we are usually very picky!). It is a little tired and the walls are grubby with fingerprints, BUT, the place was comfortable and in a great location which is what we were mainly concerned with. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Contact via email/ telephone to inform of arrival time to ensure quick check-in.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank clare h
nicosia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Don't even consider staying there, the photos are deceiving. 1: Somebody stole a whole shopping bag from me while I was away!! 2: I had paid for 1 week (but as soon as I saw the toilets I shortened my stay) and they REFUSED to consider that I had paid 25 euros online, and made me pay for my whole stay but then THEY TOLD ME TO GO the 2nd day inspite of the fact that I had paid for the whole week! (they found another client to get in) I was in London for medical reasons, I had a hysteroscopy and in spite of the fact that I had to lie down and had paid, they threw me out. I was crying, with my heavy bag and had to find somewhere else to stay. One of the worst days of my life. This happened in July 2011. And when I told them that I would write bad review they said they didn't mind. I hope they paid for what they did to me.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank poutana
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Place was easy to miss, just a door beside an off licence. First impressions was place was old and dingey looking. Place definitely needed a good clean! There was no reception but the guy I emailed was in the off licence beside the hostel so presume they run both premises. He showed us to the two twin rooms we booked and payment was made upfront with no receipt.
I checked the website on this place and it sure is deceiving! The place is far from whats described on the site. The rooms we're basic and beds seemed clean and comfortable. Only thing I didnt like was the lockers that we located under the bed were wooden!! Wouldnt leave anything too valuable in them! Heating in the room was fine.
Sparkling clean bathrooms - I think not! Small, cramped and everyones leftovers all over the place more like! Only good thing about showers is the pressure and hot water!
The kitchen was small and lacked cups and plates, fridge needed a good clean out too. Also would recommend not to store much food as cupboards werent the cleanest looking!
Location wise, was brilliant, right in Sheperds Bush, shopping centre round the corner, tube outside the door nearly and market, tesco, dominos all across the road.
Also if booking a group dont just go by the rates on the website, ask if they can do a better price. We got a small reduction but still think it was a bit expensive for what we got.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends