Shakespeare in the City Walk
Ranked #145 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 'The Shakespeare City Walk' revisits Shakespeare's life on the North bank of the Thames (we do not go to the Globe Theatre because everybody tends to do that separately).If you want to find out about Shakespeare's life (including his friends, relationships etc), while visiting interesting hidden parts of London and seeing statues, monuments etc (many of which are scarcely known), then this is the Tour for you. Even better, your guide, Declan, is a former professional actor and will treat you to some of Shakespeare's speeches in the appropriate locations.
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I went on this walk solely based on how much I enjoyed Declan's "Blood and Tears" walk. I am so glad I did. I learned so much about Shakespeare, his life, his writings, his religious beliefs. This was so much better than the Globe Theatre tour which focused mainly on my guide and her emotional reaction to various Shakespeare plays. . Declan clearly has a passion for the Bard and has researched him well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this walk. Declan was brilliant he clearly has a talent I could not have asked for a better tour guide, he knows his stuff and you can tell he is very passionate. This is not just for tourists,as I am from London myself however I have never been on a walk like this before. The walk leaves you with a hunger for more as it is extremely interesting. If you are thinking about going then you should as it does not disappoint.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

A girlfriend and I went on the Shakespeare Walk with Declan today and thankfully the sun was shining at last. The walk was very enjoybale - even though I am a Londoner it is an area I am not familiar with - Declan was a great guide very informative, but at the same time it was light hearted and never dull - we went around the area at a good pace and the 90 minutes flew by - would thoroughly recommend the walk to get an insight into Shakespeare's life in London.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Having done several of these with groups of students through the years, I must say I appreciated Declan's knowledge, his energy, his honest approach to presenting research vs conjecture (though his own POV was always interesting!), the unique sites he walked us through, and wonderful monologues from the Bard interspersed throughout the walk. Watch out for London Walks.... guides vary quite a bit in quality and knowledge.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Despite being a Londoner this was a wonderful tour visiting places I didn't know existed with a man who is truly passionate about his subject .
Highly recommended , time very well spent and left me curious to read and learn more about this great writer.