“Nice hotel, built in a shocking neighborhood”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #194 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was a beautifully renovated old town hall. I have no issues with the actual hotel. It is the location that was the major problem. We traveled with our 3 young children for a couple days in London. I thought this would be a great hotel for us as we were able to book a 2 bdrm apartment, lots of space. I was willing to be a bit out of the city to have the extra room. Unfortunately, the hotel is literally surrounded by housing estates. Prior to arriving, we assumed there would be pubs and restaurants with in walking distance. There are not. There is a restaurant in house, but we weren't keen to take the children there. The apartment was on the lower ground floor and obviously because of the area had decorative gating over the windows and bright lights that stayed on very bright all night long. The view from the windows was of a vacant lot and the housing estate. The fit out in the rooms was lovely and I am sure the hotel rooms in the hotel are lovely as well. It is just the location that lets this hotel down. It may work for young couples or singles but, it is not a family area. The staff were trying to be helpful but really there wasn't much they could suggest. There was also a shuttle that was meant to be running, taking guests to the city centre. Unfortunately, as we were there on a bank holiday, it wasn't running. So this is a shuttle for business customers, not tourists.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Doych
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for your time to complete our online comment card following your recent stay with us at Town Hall. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create an unforgettable experience, and very sorry to hear that you didn't like the surrounding areas of the hotel. I am somehow surprise to hear your comments on pubs and restaurants. Indeed there is a very good selection of pubs, serving traditional and modern English food, as well as a variety of restaurants just a bus ride away from the hotel. In addition the hotel offer 24 hrs room service and from this May the hotel is opening The Corner Room restaurant as an addition to its culinary reputation. We do encourage all guests to share their feedback with us and I have shared all of your comments with our General Manager and also relevant departmental heads. Should you require any further assistance at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I returned to the Town Hall Hotel the last week of March and had a great week there, beginning with a warm "Welcome back, Mrs. Lollar!" Besides enjoying our apartment and the hotel amenities, it is the staff at the hotel that made our trip so enjoyable! The Head Concierge, Andrea, helped us with dinner reservations--great food and settings, and follow up each day to ask if dinner had been good! He and Mohammed, along with Sandro, helped us with sight-seeing plans and just generally made us feel welcome whenever we walked into the hotel. Our 1-bedroom apartment was very comfortable and decorated attractively. After our first night, when we asked if they could fix the door so it didn't rattle, they immediately moved us to another room without question! It's how staff handle situations that makes all the difference in any kind of service. The location is very convenient to Queen Mary University of London, so easy to connect with our daughter there. The location is also very convenient to Central London and areas around it. We will definitely return to the Town Hall Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Mr & Mrs Lollar
Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic feedback on TripAdvisor again. I am very happy to hear that your last stay with us was another great eperience for you and your family. We always try to do our best for our guest by providing the most comfortable accomodation and alwasy strive to do better in our service. We sincerely appreciate you compliments and look forward to welcome you at the Town Hall Hotel in the near future. Should you require anything all from us, please do not hesitate to contact me or Andrea directly. Look forward to see you and your family again.
Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 26 April 2011

I arrived at this location (Ex Town Hall) being a good Friday weekend at 5am. I was really tired at the time but managed to keep my eyes open admiring the well lit GRAND features of the building on the exterior.
As I entered the staff were vere friendly and okayed a 2pm departure.
I was shown to my room and I was amazed, tall ceiling with nice spot lights and other grand lighting, large sized room with very modern features, it had a lovely equipped kitchen, georgous bathroom shower and toilet facility with heated towel rail and all the bathroon accessories and bathing soaps and moistorisers, etc. 10/10 for cleanliness, tall draped curtains from ceiling to floor, lounge area with flat screen TV and wide variety of channels, I have an Iphone 4 and they even had a music station docking unit for it....! Good space to put my belongings with a safe , umbrella, iron, newly packed slippers, etc + more. The bathroom came with All that you could probably find in a 6* hotel. The bed eas very comfortable and strong with pure cotton smooth Egyption bed linen throughout, a dining table with chairs, another flat screen TV in front of the bed hung on against the wall, bedside table and chair with personalised pen as a souvenir, beatiful hard wood flooring, loveley eye to detail room....!
The decor was well thought of and had a unique feel throghout.
100% recommended....!

• Stayed: April 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is superb to hear you had a great stay and all of your comments are being shared with the team today! Should you wish to come back in the future please do let us know directly and we will be happy to assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 16 April 2011

As a birthday gift my son booked myself and husband into the "townhall bethnall green apartments" We stayed for four days and could not fault the hotel and the lovely helpful friendly staff, who made us feel totally relaxed. The leisure facilities were excellent and lovely and clean. We would definitely stay there again. Thank you for making my birthday that much special and a special thank you to Victor who organised my surprise birthday cake, he could not have picked better.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hoxton51
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay at the Town Hall Hotel and very honoured to have been selected as your birthday present. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I can confirm that your comments have been shared with all the team here. Victor is of course very proud to see his name mentioned on your feedback and is glad that you appreciated his serivece. Please, should you required any further assistance from us at the Town Hall Hotel, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 2 April 2011

My husband and I had a mini break in London and we stumbled across this hotel. At first I was a little reluctant as I thought it was going to be too far out from the hustle and bustle of central London. I was however, very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is less than a few stops on the underground to all the main attractions and a couple of streets away from the busy area of Brick lane & Shoreditch.
As soon as we entered the hotel we were really impressed. The decor is very unique and contempory. We stayed in two different apartments as we wanted to see how they differed. The first was the romantic one bedroom feature executive. A very elegant room with huge ceilings and plenty of light. The second equally impressive was the one bedroom executive apartment which was very stylish. Both apartments were very,very spacious and equipped with everything that one could need.
The hotel staff were the most friendliest I have come upon, whether you passed a cleaner or front of house, each time you were greeted with a lovely welcome and a smile. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone visitng London. This certainly will become our first choice when staying in London.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I can confirm that I have shared your feedback with all the depatments here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

Great hotel with friendly staff - loved the pool! Booked a two bedroom for 2 adults and 3 children, loved having a mini kitchen for breakfast and coffee. Bathroom were large and comfortable with heated towel bars. Staff were welcoming and willing to help with all our needs and requests.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.
We are very pleased to hear that your holidays in London was a success. I can confirm your comments have been fully shared with the rest of our team and we look forward to welcome you back at the Town Hall Hotel in the near future. Should you required any further assistance from us please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Beautifully decorated hotel with wonderful, friendly staff. I stayed on my own one weekend and brought my 2 children (5 & 7) with me for the second. We had lovely interconnecting rooms, complete with kitchen area. Milk in the fridge, ice cubes in the freezer section and an espresso machine were touches that I particularly liked. I'll be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family