Town Hall Hotel
US$279
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$213
  • Room Service
US$313
US$291
1,434 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanecouncil chamberwasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed two weeks ago and loved it. We requested and were put into a 2 bedroom exec suite. The apartment was spacious, beautifully decorated and very functional. It was a fantastic space to spend three nights - once off the best hotels I have stayed in (and I have stayed in a LOT) and was sorry to leave. The hotel itself is an eclectic mix of modern and old - it works very very well.

The staff were exceedingly friendly, professional and knowledgable. They are on par with any of the 5/6 star hotels anywhere in the world.

The area - I happened to love - I was shocked to see a previous review state that the neighbourhood is 'shocking" - there are restaurants close, pubs very close and the beautiful Victoria park (the oldest in London) a 10 minute walk away. I felt very safe at anytime of the day. The tube is literally three blocks away. Yes - its a working class neighbourhood full of lovely people going about their daily lives - but I hardly consider that 'shocking'. Perhaps some reviewers need to get out more. The previous three nights to the T.H. I stayed at the Sheraton Knightsbridge - probably in the most affluent neighbourhood in England - I can honestly say I prefer the T.H. - both the hotel and neighborhood.

If I ever get the chance to get to London again - this hotel will be my first choice, and I will be recommending it to both clients and friends.

Slock

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share such a great review with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write the review and it has been shared with the team here at Town Hall.

If we can assist you in organising a return visit in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Mark Haywood

Reviewed 8 May 2011

For once I decided why wait till I leave to write my review, I am actually staying here at the moment. The arrival at such an historic building was a surprise to me, they have restored this building with great taste. I am staying in a 1 bed apt for 9 nights and it has a separate bedroom and fully fitted kitchen. The room is just fabulous, big, so clean and comfortable and the bathroom is great too, they have thought of everything including a washing machine. The wardrobe space is limited but I’d rather the big bathroom any day, so much space for London hotel it’s just great. The area around does not look much really but I have to say I felt very safe even late at night walking from the tube. The beautiful architecture throughout the building and decoration are great. It’s really a very ‘high comfort’ facility. The staff are efficient and warm welcoming. They have a swimming pool in the basement also. I would say the breakfast is a bit steep and the choice is poor, they don’t entertain any deviation from the limited menu.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel, I will be back and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your current stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to read that you think the building is beautiful and that the conversion into apartments is of a high quality with all the facilities there. We encourage all clients to give us a honest feedback as possible and I have highlighted your comment on the breakfast to the Food & Beverage department. I am however very pleased that you are enjoy your stay with us and I would really appreciate if you could give me the chance to meet you in person while residing at the hotel. Please ask for me at the front office, if convenient for you. I wish you a lovely stay at the Town Hall Hotel and should you require any particular assistance from the Town Hall Hotel please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Sandro Desole

Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and have been very impressed by the high standard of general quality in this hotel, which opened only one year ago: beautiful architecture and decoration, high comfort, very warm and efficient staff, plus a swimming pool! We were in an apartment, and we would dream to have such a flat in London on our own! We can see it was well thought and well done. We even had a laundry washing machine, which is great when you have a kid. The only actual slight default would be the environment as it is not so close to down town (but easy to go) and the area is quite poor, but we bet it will develop and will be the 'in' place to be in a few years. Also we actually found very good restaurants not so far. The owner of the hotel certainly had a great vision!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with the team here. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if we can be of any assistance in making these arrangements please do let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was a beautifully renovated old town hall. I have no issues with the actual hotel. It is the location that was the major problem. We traveled with our 3 young children for a couple days in London. I thought this would be a great hotel for us as we were able to book a 2 bdrm apartment, lots of space. I was willing to be a bit out of the city to have the extra room. Unfortunately, the hotel is literally surrounded by housing estates. Prior to arriving, we assumed there would be pubs and restaurants with in walking distance. There are not. There is a restaurant in house, but we weren't keen to take the children there. The apartment was on the lower ground floor and obviously because of the area had decorative gating over the windows and bright lights that stayed on very bright all night long. The view from the windows was of a vacant lot and the housing estate. The fit out in the rooms was lovely and I am sure the hotel rooms in the hotel are lovely as well. It is just the location that lets this hotel down. It may work for young couples or singles but, it is not a family area. The staff were trying to be helpful but really there wasn't much they could suggest. There was also a shuttle that was meant to be running, taking guests to the city centre. Unfortunately, as we were there on a bank holiday, it wasn't running. So this is a shuttle for business customers, not tourists.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Doych

Dear Guest
Thank you for your time to complete our online comment card following your recent stay with us at Town Hall. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create an unforgettable experience, and very sorry to hear that you didn't like the surrounding areas of the hotel. I am somehow surprise to hear your comments on pubs and restaurants. Indeed there is a very good selection of pubs, serving traditional and modern English food, as well as a variety of restaurants just a bus ride away from the hotel. In addition the hotel offer 24 hrs room service and from this May the hotel is opening The Corner Room restaurant as an addition to its culinary reputation. We do encourage all guests to share their feedback with us and I have shared all of your comments with our General Manager and also relevant departmental heads. Should you require any further assistance at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I returned to the Town Hall Hotel the last week of March and had a great week there, beginning with a warm "Welcome back, Mrs. Lollar!" Besides enjoying our apartment and the hotel amenities, it is the staff at the hotel that made our trip so enjoyable! The Head Concierge, Andrea, helped us with dinner reservations--great food and settings, and follow up each day to ask if dinner had been good! He and Mohammed, along with Sandro, helped us with sight-seeing plans and just generally made us feel welcome whenever we walked into the hotel. Our 1-bedroom apartment was very comfortable and decorated attractively. After our first night, when we asked if they could fix the door so it didn't rattle, they immediately moved us to another room without question! It's how staff handle situations that makes all the difference in any kind of service. The location is very convenient to Queen Mary University of London, so easy to connect with our daughter there. The location is also very convenient to Central London and areas around it. We will definitely return to the Town Hall Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Mr & Mrs Lollar
Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic feedback on TripAdvisor again. I am very happy to hear that your last stay with us was another great eperience for you and your family. We always try to do our best for our guest by providing the most comfortable accomodation and alwasy strive to do better in our service. We sincerely appreciate you compliments and look forward to welcome you at the Town Hall Hotel in the near future. Should you require anything all from us, please do not hesitate to contact me or Andrea directly. Look forward to see you and your family again.
Many thanks and kind regards
Sandro Desole