Town Hall Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$258
US$236
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
Travelocity
US$242
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$184
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$475
  • Pool
1,434 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanecouncil chamberwasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I loved staying at this hotel and if it were a mile or two closer to central London it would be double or triple the price.

The staff I encountered were all friendly and welcoming. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which still felt brand new, and very spacious. Toiletries were all l'occitane and the laundry/dryer combination in the bathroom very useful after a month on the road.

The only negative was the location is a little too far away from the action. The in-house restaurant is a degustation-only type fare, so not possible to just get standard, quick and easy restaurant food. There's no franchised cafe closer than 3 or 4 blocks, but is a cool indie/alternative type cafe in an arch under the rail road (free wifi too!)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I can confirm that I have shared your feedback with all the depatments here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.
Sandro Desole

Reviewed 16 May 2011

The hotel and it's rooms are beautiful and large, but I wasn't thrilled with this hotel for a few reasons:
-I arrived late and room service is VERY limited (3 options), overpriced, and the sandwich I had was mediocre.
-The gym is small and poorly equipped, the pool is small and was full of children
-When I departed I asked for a taxi to London City Airport (I had selected the hotel in part because of it's proximity to LCA) and the hotel called a car that charged me a fixed rate of £30 while the route would normally cost half that or less. When I asked the driver about the high price, he said that the hotel takes part of the fee. Hail your own taxi from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear that you thought the rooms were beautiful and of a good size. I am however sorry to hear that you had mixed feelings about Town Hall and left with a far from desired impression of us. I have highlighted your comments to both our Director of Operations and General Manager; we take all guest feedback very seriously and will be investigating these points fully. If you would like to discuss these points directly with us then please do contact me on mhaywood@townhallhotel.com

Mark Haywood

Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed two weeks ago and loved it. We requested and were put into a 2 bedroom exec suite. The apartment was spacious, beautifully decorated and very functional. It was a fantastic space to spend three nights - once off the best hotels I have stayed in (and I have stayed in a LOT) and was sorry to leave. The hotel itself is an eclectic mix of modern and old - it works very very well.

The staff were exceedingly friendly, professional and knowledgable. They are on par with any of the 5/6 star hotels anywhere in the world.

The area - I happened to love - I was shocked to see a previous review state that the neighbourhood is 'shocking" - there are restaurants close, pubs very close and the beautiful Victoria park (the oldest in London) a 10 minute walk away. I felt very safe at anytime of the day. The tube is literally three blocks away. Yes - its a working class neighbourhood full of lovely people going about their daily lives - but I hardly consider that 'shocking'. Perhaps some reviewers need to get out more. The previous three nights to the T.H. I stayed at the Sheraton Knightsbridge - probably in the most affluent neighbourhood in England - I can honestly say I prefer the T.H. - both the hotel and neighborhood.

If I ever get the chance to get to London again - this hotel will be my first choice, and I will be recommending it to both clients and friends.

Slock

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share such a great review with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write the review and it has been shared with the team here at Town Hall.

If we can assist you in organising a return visit in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Mark Haywood

Reviewed 8 May 2011

For once I decided why wait till I leave to write my review, I am actually staying here at the moment. The arrival at such an historic building was a surprise to me, they have restored this building with great taste. I am staying in a 1 bed apt for 9 nights and it has a separate bedroom and fully fitted kitchen. The room is just fabulous, big, so clean and comfortable and the bathroom is great too, they have thought of everything including a washing machine. The wardrobe space is limited but I’d rather the big bathroom any day, so much space for London hotel it’s just great. The area around does not look much really but I have to say I felt very safe even late at night walking from the tube. The beautiful architecture throughout the building and decoration are great. It’s really a very ‘high comfort’ facility. The staff are efficient and warm welcoming. They have a swimming pool in the basement also. I would say the breakfast is a bit steep and the choice is poor, they don’t entertain any deviation from the limited menu.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel, I will be back and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your current stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to read that you think the building is beautiful and that the conversion into apartments is of a high quality with all the facilities there. We encourage all clients to give us a honest feedback as possible and I have highlighted your comment on the breakfast to the Food & Beverage department. I am however very pleased that you are enjoy your stay with us and I would really appreciate if you could give me the chance to meet you in person while residing at the hotel. Please ask for me at the front office, if convenient for you. I wish you a lovely stay at the Town Hall Hotel and should you require any particular assistance from the Town Hall Hotel please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Sandro Desole

Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and have been very impressed by the high standard of general quality in this hotel, which opened only one year ago: beautiful architecture and decoration, high comfort, very warm and efficient staff, plus a swimming pool! We were in an apartment, and we would dream to have such a flat in London on our own! We can see it was well thought and well done. We even had a laundry washing machine, which is great when you have a kid. The only actual slight default would be the environment as it is not so close to down town (but easy to go) and the area is quite poor, but we bet it will develop and will be the 'in' place to be in a few years. Also we actually found very good restaurants not so far. The owner of the hotel certainly had a great vision!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with the team here. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if we can be of any assistance in making these arrangements please do let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole