“Unique hotel with excellent service”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #180 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I attended a wedding held at the Town Hall Hotel. London hotels usually mean tiny rooms with few amenities beyond a trouser press. Town Hall pleasantly surprised me in every respect.
My room was large and very well appointed. My mattress was firm and the linens were fresh. The furnishings themselves appeared new and well maintained, including small but welcome touches like the IPod dock alarm clock. The plumbing (often a challenge in London hotels) was excellent. The hotel has complimentary wi fi.
The building itself is noteworthy. Once the Town Hall for one of London's "cities" (I'm not too well versed in this, but London is divided into cities, such as Westminster) it has been converted into the Hotel. It is not a cookie cutter hotel by any means.
Lastly, the service was top notch. I forgot to pack shaving cream, but the concierge was able to promptly provide it. The service at the wedding, including the food catered by TH was excellent. Check in and out was easy and personable.
The location is to the north and east of the financial district, with the Bethnal Green stop on the Underground's Central line a few minutes from the property. That means the major attractions are about a 15 - 20 minute tube ride away. It took me slightly more than an hour to travel by Tube from Heathrow to the hotel (one change of line) for reference. There is a 24 hour convenience store very close by.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that all our efforts contributed to deliver a positive experience for you. It is always very reassuring to received such a positive feedback and I can confirm that all your comments have been shared with the team here.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if we can be of any assistance in making these arrangements please do let us know.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Not much to say that hasn't been said in previous recent reviews. Stunning building brilliantly refurbished with many quirky design features and a high standard of finish. Staff try very hard to please.

Yes, it's bizarre that a place like this is located in Bethnall Green. It's probably not a good choice for an inexperienced visitor to London, but if you enjoy vibrancy, a bit of grit and a break from the norm, then give it a go. If you don't feel like exploring (like walking to Brick Lane for a curry), then Bethnall Green tube is only a simple and safe 5 minute walk away.

A couple of niggles - one of my windows wouldn't shut properly and on my second night the power kept cutting in and out for no apparent reason. I was told on checkout that the power issue could have been solved by putting both (not one) key cards in the slot by the door. This would have been more useful to know at checkin than after a frustrating evening of having the lights & TV go off and on all the time. Or better still (radical this), if there's a known problem, why not fix it!

Anyway, all is forgiven for someone having the vision and bravery to undertake this bold project. I wish it well and will return.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Oolon_Colluphid
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the incident experienced with the window not shutting properly as well as the power going off in your apartments. I have reported your comments to the maintenance and reception manager for failing to informing you of the 2 keys.
These incidents should not have happened and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused in this occasion. Your feedback has also been shared with all the other departments here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Beautiful room in the old Town Hall very close to Bethnal Green tube station. The location was fantastic for exploring the Brick Lane area where there is an abundance of excellent family-run eateries. The Town Hall is a unique venue which has been refurbished with the highest quality of modern amenities whilst still keeping the old charm and character of the original building. Wonderful cocktail bar and restaurant onsite if you are looking for luxury dining. The staff were superb and incredibly accommodating with information on the local area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and you had a good experience with us. I am also happy to hear that you explorred the new trendy areas of East London with confidence. I can confirm that I have shared your feedback with all the departments here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We recently returned from a 6-day stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to overlook the location and book the room. Because we were a party of four adults, we wanted the extra space of a two-bedroom apartment. I am so glad we noted the location before we booked; otherwise, we might not have considered it. As our reviewers noted, it is very near the Bethnel Green tube station which made getting around London extremely easy for us. There are improvements being made to the tube system in preparation for the 2012 Olympics, so you have to pay attention to the update notices. Even so, we found getting around London from this location very convenient. The staff was very helpful making sure we got the exact accommodations we needed and helping with transportation to a day excursion and to the train station. When returning to London, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your current stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it easy to get around London from Bethnal Green underground station.
I will pass on your kind feedback with the rest of the team here. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

This hotel was convenient even if it is in zone 2. The Bethnal Green station is a 5 minute walk away. On our second day, the tube was closed for some emergency. There was a bus stop near the tube stop so moving around was not a problem. We had a 2 bedroom apartment. The bathrooms and kitchen were all modern and clean. I had a little problem with the door to our toilet/shower area. The door swung inward and we had a hard time getting in and out after showering. Also, I thought that for such an upscale hotel, that the sofa and dining table could have been of better quality. Our 2 adult sons would also have preferred having separate beds in their room. Altogether though, it was a pleasant stay. The staff are friendly. And we had a lot of room. Maybe if we go back, we will have time to dip into their lovely indoor pool. Or do a tour around Whitechapel and imagine what it was like in Jack the Ripper's time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the incident experienced with the bathroom's door and the sofa's. We do have apartments with twin’s bed in the hotel and I sorry that we were not able to offer one to you due to full occupancy in that room type. I can confirm that I have shared your feedback with all the departments here. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Hard to find a more impressive serviced apartment at this price in London! The luxury of space, tasteful decor, bathroom products (L'Occitane!), in-room DVD players, free internet, fantastic gym and pool...etc are real bonuses for weary travellers. A superb home-away-from-home accomodation for those looking for short stay accomodation with 6-Star service - the service team from front desk staff to housekeeping staff are so polite, helpful and approachable. They were extremely kind and understanding e.g. gave us a room to rest after our long and tiring flight even when our apartment was not ready. Where else in London can you find such personalised service at such price?! This is good warm Asian hospitality in the heart of London!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your current stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to read that you think the hotel decor and service is of excellent standard and happy to hear that you are enjoy your stay with us. I shared your feedback with the team here and we hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed here in December 2010 for several nights, we found it to be one of the best we have ever stayed in, anywhere in the World. The hotel itself is truly 5 Star, the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble.

The area is truly in the heart of the East End and is on the up and will continue to be on the up especially with the Olympics coming. Some negative reviews on here are way off the mark including about local restaurants, if you do your homework there are some amazing places to eat within walking distance. There are also many fine restaurants within a very short cab ride as well.

If you want to stay in London, in true comfort and style, stay here it gets no better anywhere in the whole of the City.

Paul Lewry - USA

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay at the Town Hall Hotel.
It is always very reassuring to received such a positive feedback and I can confirm that all your comments have been shared with the team here. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall Hotel soon and if we can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole