“The biggest surprise of my life, the best hotel I have ever stayed in!”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Do not allow yourself to be fooled by the surrounding neighborhood- this hotel is top notch. The room I stayed in was basically a single room but it was transformed into a fully equipped efficiency apartment through very smart, chic, contemporary architectural design features. Everything in the room was very contemporary and very high tech. The kitchen could be completely open or completely closed; it had all the appliances to include an espresso machine (the fridge included free supplies of milk and water). The desk was equipped with electrical outlets to match devices from all over the world, an iPod station, and of course free wireless. The bathroom had L'Occitane toiletries, bathrobes, slippers, washer & dryer, and even a rubber duck! Plenty of closet space, nice furniture, and a daily chocolate truffles. As I write this review I realize how unreal it sounds, but staying in that hotel was so amazingly surreal! And there are 2 bistros in the hotel, with unbelievable food and wine selection!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to send us feedback on your recent stay with us at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you thought we have a beautifully designed hotel with enormous potential and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It is certanly very incouraging to recieved such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be interested tpo visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

There are newer reviews for Town Hall Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Wife and I stayed here for British Open and the F1 race and loved it. Old style London on the outside, the entry halls and the bar (great drinks-very creative bar tenders) but hip and very modern rooms. Very much like a top end "W". White tile tubs and vanity, glass walls and green slate floors.
We stayed in an apartment the first 2 nights then stayed in a regular room the last 4 (booking error on wifes part). The only difference in the rooms is the apartment has a sitting area and a full blown kitchen. Both have washer/dryers for your clothes which came in VERY handy after a few days. We actually liked the regular room better as you can see the TV from the bed.
Tube (Bethnal Green) is a short 5 minute walk away and cabs are everywhere. Yet located in a quite neighbborhood with some nice small parks nearby. Small grocery stores across the street were very nice as well.
Be sure and request a room on the street side of the building as the backside fronts a school and they arrive early to pick up trash and so on back there. Much quieter on the front as it is a dead end street plus the rooms on the front have a balcony.
Very good local italian restaurant just west of the BN tube under the bridge about a block on the south side. Be sure and get the bruchetta-best I have ever had. Not much for looks but loaded with locals getting a great meal at a great value which is hard to come by in London. We spent more for 4 drinks at the Savoy Grill than we did for drinks AND dinner here.
Pool was very nice and the work out equipment was top notch.
All in all, a great hotel in a great location for a great price-tough to beat all of that.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that all our efforts contributed to deliver a positive experience for you. It is always very reassuring to received such a positive feedback and I can confirm that all your comments have been shared with the team here. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if we can be of any assistance in making these arrangements please do let us know. Many thanks and kind regards,
Sandro Desole

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment. It was of a very high quality with everything we needed and ideal for a family with teenagers. Short walk to the tube so easy access to the sights.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It nice to know that you enjoyed you stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team at the Town Hall Hotel. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Town Hall Hotel near future and should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed for 3 days in July with our 3 children and had an amazing experience. The hotel was easy to find. Check in was smooth and the 2 bedroom apartment was immaculate. The staff certainly went the extra-mile. There was a rubber ducky in the tub, chocolate truffles at bedtime, milk in the fridge for tea and coffee and an xbox to borrow one evening so my husband and I could enjoy the cocktail bar. Victoria park nearby is great for running and the staff recommended an excellent nearby pub for pizza and ice-cream. The pool was an added bonus for the kids and my husband thought the gym was very well equipped. I have never been moved to write a review before but this place deserves it. We have already made several recommendations to friends planning trips and hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel directly about our check-in requests (extra cot) and it was ready upon arrival.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor, following on from your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to hear such positive feedback and I am glad to know that we were able to create a nice experience for you and your family. I am also happy to know that our staff went the extra-mile to provide you with excellent service and I can assure you that all your comments will be shared with all the team here. We really appreciate you suggesting the Town Hall Hotel to your friends and I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future. Should you require any further assistance from us, please do not hastate to contact me directly. I will be more than happy to assist you with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks for your kind note and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I love this neighborhood. Period. End of story. Great markets, great shopping, great pubs. Its London's equivalent of Williamsburg or Silverlake. A great mix of old & new.

This hotel is a crown jewel to the neighborhood. Its truly, the old Town Hall, beautifully converted into an amazing boutique hotel. The place even has a Michelin star restaurant in the lobby!

I am not going to say which room I stayed in, because it was THE BEST room. I seriously considered , after my week long stay was over, claiming squatter rights or something.

Oddly enough, even though this place is in the hippest part of London, the guest were not. Maybe because apartment style stays attack more families than anything. But that being said, I'm glad that this was the case.

Location-
*Five minute walk from Bethnel Green tube stop. Bear in mind, this stop is outside Zone one , so your fare will be higher, and your commute to , lets say, Chelsea, will be a little long because of train changes (30 minutes or so)
*Bus stop right in front . The good old 388, will take you to Liverpool street station , and more importantly, to the heart of Shoreditch, and Brick Lane.
*Great restaurants within walking distance as well (The Camel, Bristoteque)

Overall-
*Bar on first floor is fab. Great cocktails.
*Viajante & The Corner Room are the trendiest restaurants in town.
*Funny thing, as hip & trendy as this place is, most of the people staying here were not. So, quiet at night, and a lot of families.

Rooms
*Design is fabulous. The rooms are heavenly. Mid century modern furniture, and a warm color palette. Hard wood floors.
*Comfortable beds, great amenities
*Big bathrooms
*Very light & airy
*Im still dreaming of the little salted caramel chocolates they left in my room every night.
*Kitchen & washer/Dryer were the best perk! Made my stay so much more comfortable.

Staff-
*Nice, helpful. Came across off as aloof, but very helpful at the end of it all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your current stay at the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it easy to get around London from the Hotel and surrounding areas. It is always reassuring to receive such a feedback and to know that our efforts in delivering our product have been successful in creating a fantastic experience for you. I have already shared all your feedback with the rest of the team here. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Town Hall Hotel near future. Should you required any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We travelled to London with our three children so finding accomodations that fit all of us, our luggage and don't break the bank is important. We stayed in a two bedroom unit on the first floor. The apartment was immaculate and perfect for us complete with kitchen, two bathrooms and washing machine. It is very close to Bethnal Green tube station (short walk). However, while it is easy to get around London from here, just so travelers know it is not in the center of London. Staff was professional and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It nice to know that you liked the hotel very much and that your family enjoyed the stay with us. Thank you for detailing your stay as you did in your comment and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team at the Town Hall Hotel. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Town Hall Hotel near future and should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 12 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Town Hall for two months through April & May 2011. We were in an interior 1 bedroom executive apartment.

While small, this apartment has everything you need. A great coffee maker, decent kitchen facilities, washer / dryer and dishwasher. A succinct, organized space. Beds SUPER comfortable. Even with 8 bags, we managed to fit everything in somewhere.

Location not great as other reviewers have mentioned. It's gritty and NOT for everyday tourists. But it's close to the city and easy links to everywhere in London.

The service in this hotel is exceptional and genuine. Each and every member of their staff, including the cleaning personnel, is genuinely friendly and happy to be there. After two months, they still greeted me kindly in the hall every day and some even remembered my name.

And above all, the cleaning staff did and AMAZING job, each and every day our room was spic and span, cleaned TOP TO BOTTOM. I have never in my life experienced such immaculate cleaners. If you're a stickler for clean rooms, you won't be disappointed.

Two niggles after 2 months:
Sofa = Uncomfortable for 1, torture for 2 - not suitable for lounging.
Shower = I just didn't think it lived up to the rest of the 'bespoke' feel of the bathroom. Pressure quality wasn't that great and it might have needed limescale removal or something.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie R
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that all our efforts contributed to deliver a positive experience for you all through stay. It is always very reassuring to receive such a positive feedback and I can confirm that all your comments have been shared with the team here. I also reported your comments on the sofa and the shower to GM, which I am sure will look into the matter soon. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if we can be of any assistance in making these arrangements please do let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole