“Fantastic apartment hotel in Eastern London”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #215 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed here whilst attending a conference and I must say that the hotel in it self was absolutely fantastic. I didn't book the room myself so not sure if all of them are of the size mine was, but it was huge, probably well above 40 sqm. It is an apartment hotel but all the kitchen facilities was hidden away in a stylish way.

The staff was great, really attending to the very small needs of their guests. For example, there were probably 5 or so pillows in the bed (by the way, I've NEVER slept in a more comfortable bed, not even at home), 2 of these pillows were "my type of pillow" so I put the other ones on the floor. The next day, the 3 floor pillows had been exchanged to the same kind of pillows as the ones I kept in my bed. Talk about service! Stuff like that kept happening throughout my stay and I could go on about this hotel forever.

The only downside is the location, if you're going to London as a tourist, this location is not ideal since it's quit far away from all the main sites. However I think the negihbourhood will flourish the next coming year since it's close to the Olympic park.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a quite unique experience for you. I am glad to know that you liked the apartment, its size, fittings, features and the comfortable bed and pillows. I am pleased to hear that the staff has always provided you with a very high levels of customer service, but at the same time being friendly and approachable with caring attitude. Thank you also for mentioning the little touches we offer to our guests. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 20 October 2011

This hotel is great. It has a grand feel to the hallways and you feel like you are in a special building. The apartment was very clean and modern. The bedroom and bathroom were lovely, although the glass wall next to the toilet could cause some embarrassment. There was noise from the corridor and also a little from the road, and the air vent in the bedroom despite the air conditioning being switched off. Staff were very helpful and friendly, although it took a few days to be sent the paperwork after checking out. Complimentary house cocktail upon check in was a lovely touch, and the pool is great. Did not have time to eat here but would definitely like to come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel very much. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly and provided you with quality service. I am sorry to hear that you were troubled by some noise from the corridors and from the street during your stay and I have asked our maintenance department to look into the issues reported with air conditioning. I am also going to look into the delay on sending your paper work, as it should be done on the departure day. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the gesture of the welcome cocktails and that you made use of the pool. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 20 October 2011

This hotel is worth the detour. Wonderful rooms, great pool and service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole

Reviewed 18 October 2011

A superb hotel, 5 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube station. We stayed in a luxury apartment which had amazing facilities and was really well designed. I slept well which I don't usually in London due to noise. We had lots of space and really enjoyed relaxing in the room! There aren't many hotels as elegant as this in London, in this price bracket. A real hidden gem and the only hotel I've stayed in around London that I would go back to. We dined at Viajante which was an amazing experience for people who are open-minded about food (not for the fussy, standard eater)! The bar is also great!

We walked into central London one day which took about 45 mins to get to the Tower of London at a very leisurely stroll. Also walked to Brick Lane and Spitalfields market which I would also recommend. The area around the Columbia Street flower market was also very vibrant.

I cannot praise this hotel enough - no faults from me! I definitely recommend to anyone planning a visit to London.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a quite unique experience for you. I am glad to know that you liked the design of the hotel and that your stay was comfortable and it was one of your best in London. It is very encouraging to hear that THH hotel is a place that you would return to. I am pleased to know that the diner at Viajante was a success and that you really loved the food there. Please give a try to the Corner Room, as I am sure you will enjoy the food there too. Please keep in mind that this restaurant is for walk-in only guests. I appreciate your last note on the many things that can be visited nearby the hotel. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Well appointed 2 bedroom apartment with good sized living/kitchen. As noted in previous reviews - spotlessly clean. Staff here are extremely helpful. Breakfast was included in our room rate and, whilst not cheap, was of a high standard. Potential holidayers should note that this hotel is not in a traditional "tourist" area and as such there are no high-street style cafes just outside the door. It is also in an area which could best be described as "gritty", however, we walked everywhere with our 2 kids with no problems. Close to Bethnal Street tube, which gives good access to central London. Our only regret was that we did not have time to eat at their Michelin-starred restaurant. If the breakfasts were anything to go by, then the restaurant should be top notch.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank karinec930
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your family found the surrounding areas of the hotel safe. This is an upcoming area and I agree that it may not be a primary tourist destination. However, this area has its own charm and it is the trendiest places in London today. It is always very encouraging to receive such a feedback from our guests and we are pleased to know that all our efforts have been appreciated by you. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My Daughter treated me at a weekend stay at this truly superb hotel - Absolutely spotless, clean, 5 minutes from the underground of Bethnal Green. The Staff were all wonderful. Huge apartment room, lovely bathroom, kitchen with a selection of different teas, coffee, milk and water already supplied. Helpful cleaning staff who showed me how to work the TV. Love the chocolate sweets they leave in your room before bedtime every night. Such comfortable beds and quiet peaceful rooms where you don't hear the traffic or outside noise, not like in the west end. Everything you need and have at home is in your own apartment. Stunning building that has so much history, know the area of Bethnal Green, as my Daughter used to live around there, she says it's not as bad as everyone makes out and it reminds me of the village in NYC in the 1960's, very electric and artistic people in the area, very trendy these days.
You must go to the in-house restaurant Viajante, we had a 6-course meal, more like 8-course so much food to try, all delicious and the talented chef Nuno Mendes came to greet us, lovely guy, as was the lovely Irish waiter Aaron who served us. All friendly and attentive. The cocktail bar is also very nice. Would idealy love to stay here again, such a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SHEILSLONDON
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enojyed your stay with us and could not agree more with your daughter choice. I am glad to know that you really liked the hotel, its features, fittings and appliances and the size of the apartment as well. I really appreciated your feedback highlighting all those nice extras the Town Hall Hotel offers to its guests. I am happy that you enjoyed the Viajante restaurant testing menu, from our Patron Chef Nuno Mendes and that you wish to come back soon too. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all your feedback on to our department heads. Should you decide to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Very helpful staff, upgraded me to studio, super room, funky, spotless.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Many thanks Sandro Desole