“Great Choice for London”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #172 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“Great Choice for London”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

Me & my husband checked into this hotel for our first anniversary & had a great stay. Our room had a bath by the side of the bed which was amazing & it also had many period features like stained glass windows between the bathroom & bedroom & a fireplace.
I have to admit i loved this hotel much more than my husband who would prefer a more modern luxury hotel but if your like me and would love a retro style hotel with lots of character this is a good choice. The area is not very nice but dont let that put you off!!!

• Stayed June 2012
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to know that you loved the hotel so much and that your stay on this special occasion was a good experience. From your description of the apartment, I can deduct it was one of our Features Executive Apartments, which indeed are unique with its open space concept and full of details from the Edwardian period. I am sorry to hear that you husband did not quite like it as much as you did and I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay at the THH and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the departments here. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any further assistance and I will be more than happy to assist you. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Queensland
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel was a great find for our particular needs. Sleek and modern; well stocked kitchen; washing machine; generous amount of bottled water; delicious chocolate treats each night; good restaurants on site; great pool & gym in the basement; friendly staff; a choice of transport - Bethnal Green underground on the Central Line is a pleasant 10 minute stroll and became our favoured way to travel into central London. The whole experience felt less touristy!

Room Tip: We found the 3rd floor to be very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to receive this kind of feedback, comparing the Town Hall Hotel as an Oasis in East London. It is definitely encouraging to know that we were able to met your needs and that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, in this occasion. Thank you for mentioning all the little treats, the appliances and facilities that hotel has to offer to our guests and glad to hear that your stay felt more like being at home rather than being a tourist. This is a great achievement for us, as it is indeed the true intent of our concept. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Pick one of the finest hotels in London centre, drop it in East London, reduce the price 4 times over and you've got the Town Hall Hotel. I absolutely could not fault this place!

The staff were so enthusiastic and helpful, nothing too much trouble...my friend asked for beans for breakfast...they didn't have any but within minutes one of the staff had run to the shop to get some! The food at the Corner cafe was delicious, our room was contemporary with lovely furnishings. Small touches like our own coffee machine with various types of coffee, free bottled water and milk. The hotel is very grand maintaining lots of the old features which makes it feel very special.

Don't be put off by the location...granted it's not the swanky West End but the cool and trendy areas of Shoreditch and Hoxton are a stone's throw away and its just a 10 min tube ride into the centre.

I would definitely recommend this delightful hotel and would happily stay there every time I go to London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is a pleasure to read your encouraging feedback and pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to the Town Hall Hotel. Thank you for detailing what the hotel has to offer with various amenities and appliances to make the stay of our guests more comfortable. I am pleased to know that you though the hotel is good value for money and that the staff was always eager to provide you with the highest level of customer service during your stay. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the food at our Corner Room and mostly that the THH has become you favoured hotel in London. Thank you for choosing us and I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel soon. Please should you require any further assistance from us, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This was a great business apartment but would be great for couples on a trip to the city. Uber cool apartment, luxury bathroom, studio eating kitchen but that didn't bother me. 2 stops to the city, 4 to covent garden, tube is 5 minutes walk away.

Amazing pool and gym, but nothing else nearby in the evening.

I paid 185 pounds a night, well worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to receive such a positive feedback and to know that you thought your experience was a good value for money. Thank you for mentioning how easy is to travel to the central parts of London and the City with Central Line. I am though surprised to read your note that nothing else nearby the hotel in the evening. Please do not hesitate to ask our concierge for local areas information on your next visit, but to mention some of them Brick Lane, Shoreditch High St. and Hoxton Square are at just few minutes away from the hotel. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the departments here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is a one of a kind hotel. It is a remodelled Town Hall full of modern luxury and details. An extraordinary mix. I loved the entrance with the old safe, the very convenient-modern rooms, the romantic pool,...
The area is not your usual London. Be ready to embrace the new London! The East side has lots of treasures, but it is still very rough. It is a bit of an adventure, but you are very near great coffee places, fashionable restaurants, street markets, art galleries,... But you have to ask where and when to go, like in a treasure hunt. Be ready to have fun and discover all those new places the fashion magazines say celebrities are going. First stop can be the bar and restaurant El Viajante in the premises.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to receive your comments and to know that you liked the hotel restoration with its mixture of the previous mid-century trends, the apartment luxury set up and our pool and GYM. Thank you also for your recommendations on the local areas, which I am sure they will be very useful to many potential guests, looking for something different from the regular areas and hotels. It is great to know that you went about to discover all these "treasures" on the East Side of London, which still for many an unknown place waiting to be discovered. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

The staff were lovely, the room was enormous and had a fully equiped kitchen with laundry facilites. But as I was on a work conference all I wanted to do late at night was order room service and the menu if most kindly discribed as limited. About four choices and nothing I wanted to order.

The hotel is located on a pretty bleak street for a new comer to the area with not really a area that a woman would feel comfortable walking alone at night.

However, around the corner is a sweet little organic cafe run by lovely people who offer excellent coffee and snacks as well as organic supplies should you want to use that kitchen.

Near Shorditch Road was a run of good local restaurants (a 6 pound cab ride)

I prefer to be more centrally located with a few more amenities so this would not be my hotel of choice. However if you are on a budget and want to self cater it could be a good option. It also offers a much more real side of London that more tourist areas.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Voyages27
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great that you thought THH is good value for money. I am sorry to read that you did not feel the area to be safe but up to 2 years of our opening, no incident had been reported from any of our guests so far. Bethnal Green, as many close by areas, still an upcoming but very trendy area with a unique character, with many art galleries and places to eat out but I do understand that this may not be everyone favoured part of London. I am pleased to hear that you like the hotel and the style of the apartments and that the staff was always eager to assist. I am sorry to hear that you did not find anything you liked on the room service menu and I have shared your comments with our F&B manager. I can confirm that all your comments will be share with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Edmonton
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Very well located near funky, gentrifying Bethnal Green/Hackney/Shoreditch. Started in an absolutely fabulous two bedroom suite in old town hall part of building, air conditioning didn't work, were moved to the new part of building. Both rooms were luxurious, well appointed, useful kitchens, cappuccino makers, etc. Very good breakfast buffet included. Staff could be a bit befuddled, but eager to please. Very good value overall Will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for mentioning all the nearby areas of interest a walk away to the hotel. It is great to know that you liked both apartment set up and please accept my sincere apologies for having to ask you to move to another apartment, due to the faulty air-con in your first accommodation. I am glad to read that you were happy with the breakfast selection at the Corner Room restaurant, although the staff seems to be confused, I am guessing it was about the breakfast order. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback will be shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole