Town Hall Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$551
US$533
Travelocity
1,436 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanecouncil chamberwasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014

the beautiful hotel and the bedroom made up for the terrible weather and a tube strike!

the décor is fab the staff were wonderful and the corner room restaurant was a real treat. the food was first class and the service just what we wanted (good and not too over the top)
price was good for the high standard of menu.
breakfast in the sitting room was the best start to our day and the lovely lady who served us was on duty for the whole of our 2 night stay and still had a smile for everyone. a true pro !
we are planning a return trip soon. its a real hidden treasure.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for these kind words left on our TripAdvisor page. It is true that we cannot help with the weather but it is also true that THH can give an unique experience to its guests, which is our very priority and it looks like this is what exactly happened to you. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the excellent food at the Corner Room and that the staff in every department lived up to your expectations. I hope to be able to welcome you again in your newly found “hidden treasure”. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Despite being disconcerted to be asked on arrival for a passport or driving license (we are both UK citizens) we both liked this place.- incidentally an oldies bus pass sufficed as ID and we had pre-paid for the room. Our apartment/room was large and well kitted out, quiet with a very comfortable bed. The decoration and fit-out was contemporary and the cleanliness was faultless. There is a handy swimming pool in the lower ground floor.
The whole building is a fascinating monument to civic pride and a piece of cultural and social history in its own right.
We had a perfectly decent buffet breakfast and the staff were polite and helpful. My only reservation about the place is that the bar is pretty small and we had to stand around for a while before a table became free. Still the drinks were good so it was worth it. Obviously this hotel is not centrally located but there is plenty to see and do in the East End and if you want to go West it is only 15 minutes or so to Oxford Circus on the Central line.

Room Tip: We had a lower ground floor room and it was large and quiet and convenient for a swim.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I would like to use this occasion to thank you for your kind words left on TripAdvisor. It is nice to read that you had a nice stay and that everything went well but I could help not to see some perplexity about our check-in procedure. To clarify let me reassure you that this is a good practice to guarantee the security of our guests in stopping misuse of credit cards, especially with pre-paid stays like your one. I do apologise if this made you feel a bit awkward but it is to look after our guests from all possible angles. As per the bar, thank you for bringing to my attention this particular can be annoying if you want a quiet moment with your friends while you have a drink. We are thinking of making some changes following comments like yours, in our bar area with this aim in mind. I finally would like to thank you for your enlightening words about the hotel position and the transportations, very hand for who is planning to stay with us in future. We are looking forward to welcome you again in future. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Love this hotel. The interiors are fantastic - so cool. The staff are without exception exceptional. The Corner Room and Viajante are both excellent. All the rooms I have had have always been great. Plus it is not crazy expensive like the rest of London.

Finally, the location is perfect for some of the best bars, restaurants, cafes and night and social life in London. The east is unjustly maligned.

Cannot recommend the Town Hall Hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for these nice words left on TripAdvisor, which highlight well how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am carefully examining every review in order to look at our structure with the guest’s eyes and to put in place all the necessary measures to maintain our way of doing things and where is possible improve them. Reviews like yours tell me that all the effort made and energy spent with dedication on our jobs, are bringing the desired response and we wish to continue in this direction. I really like the final note, I am with you, the East End is a place to discover and is becoming the future hub of London. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed midweek for one night and ate in the Corner Room restaurant. ' Decided to stay at this hotel because of its architecture and design; it's very photogenic and has been used for film shoots and you can see why. It also has some fun artworks around the corridors too!

Really enjoyed our stay; our room, the public areas and the staff are all great! We also enjoyed the cocktail bar and the restaurant.

The only change I would wish for is that guests could make a dinner reservation for the Corner Room restaurant after 7pm; currently you can't and the cocktail bar is at the opposite end of the building so you can't pop your head round to confirm if a table is free…otherwise recommended!

PS. the surrounding area is not as grand as the hotel but the tube is very handy and quick to the City

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fbusa
OpsMng, director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest, I am really pleased to read your review left on Tripadvisor page. Thank you for these kind words and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and all the aspects of our hotel were to your like. I can also see that you took time not only to stay with us but to document yourself about the building history and the many activities ongoing. Did you know that we give tours too? Please make sure to ask for it next time you stay with us. The Front Office or one of the Manager on duty will be happy to show you around so you can discover even more about our fantastic building! We look forward to your next visit. Many Thanks and Kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Ok, so granted, the front desk at this hotel knows me by name and I have my favorite rooms which the front desk manager does his best to put me in,if available. But i think they would do this for any frequent guest.
This place is WOW...yes. And I am saying this as someone who used to travel 80% for work and has stayed at some of the best hotels in Europe and Asia. What makes Town Hall unique is, yes-you guessed right- it was a former Town Hall now completely renovated, and has all
the great historic touches ; but it has also been infused with a highly functional modern design: innovative room layouts- literally, the apartment you wish you had in London!; great beds, a functioning kitchen (with expresso machine, washing machine, dishwasher, even complimentary low fat milk-I mean, who gives you that?!); not to mention high ceilings, quality thread cotton sheets and a real "New York loft meets east London" sophisticated but practical feel. What you get is completely 'obscene' (I use that in a good way!:) and unheard of, anywhere, let alone in expensive London where hotel rooms come small and 'tired'.

The hotel is truly a hidden gem. I used to stay at a five star hotel up the road in the much better known Liverpool Street area, but to be honest, I get SO more here at half the price here and without the attitude. And folks- its only one tube stop away to the east from Liverpool Street so trust me, its still really central. For the once a year traveller, this one stop is monumental but if you are thinking about coming, please ignore the overly cautious "tourist guide in hand" reviewer types who think Bethnal Green is the 'boonies') This hotel will make you wish you had found it sooner! And frankly, the east is really where London is "happening" at the moment anyway. Ask anyone who actually lives there.

The usual tourist hotels, mainly international chains in the west end go for three times what I get here and it is sad to see people pay those prices because they don't know better. Town Hall is right on the Central line, five stops to Oxford Street (the middle of it all) without any line changes. Ask for my friends Laszlo and Cavin-they will take care of you. And the hotel manager Marie rocks; she even responds personally to my emails and she actually writes each one of them-I can tell. She really does care what you think. and acts on everything immediately..imagine that! I also want to recognize Suzanne, the head of housekeeping, and her house-keeping team. Suzanne runs a tight ship and it works; her team do such a superb job and each one of them, like her, can't do enough for you and really keep the place immaculate. Part of me wants to keep this place a secret because more attention will drive up their prices, but I cant help but give this place its due. 5 stars from me everytime- and I am there about 6 times a year. I am a tough critic and reviewer- and brutally honest. So just pick these guys and ditch the overpriced, underwhelming and overwhelmed, London 'tourist trap' hotels.

PS: I am a daily gym guy and they have an average sized but highly functional gym with all the bells and whistles, and its always empty when I go, so I have free reign over any equipment I need. I'm not a recreational swimmer, but there is also a decent sized pool. All the facilities are kept in pristine conditions. Love it! Just book it and stop reading, right now!

Room Tip: I like the 3rd floor rooms because they have the most dramatic high ceilings, but to be honest, all the floors have their pluses and relatively speaking, all the ceilings are high. I avoid the LG (lower ground) rooms because I feel claustrophobic like I am in a basement, but some guests love them, apparently and they are close to the gym.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest, well..there is not much left to say or to add to your sincere and open letter to the teams here! Thank you for these wonderful words left on TripAdvisor and for sharing your appreciation on the team talents! It is very encouraging and a real pleasure to know that, out there our guests are sharing this things on a platform of this magnitude. Somehow, it helps to make our job much lighter and increase our conviction in mind to reach our best guest satisfaction, enhance our guest's experience and make you cherish the Town Hall Hotel, as if you like, your home in London. This is what I feel is being conveyed through your kind words on your review. I am glad you like the bespoke way we treat our guests, from the GM through all our personnel, in all areas of the hotel operations, thank you so much for your repeated customs, as what you have mentioned on your review, would not have been possible without your support and contribution too. We believe this is the way to go and you are confirming us that we are right! Rest assured we will keep up our job even raising the bar in our services and customer care so that the Town Hall will always be your home away from home. Many Thanks and kind Regards, Sandro Desole