“lovely stay”

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank David M
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

There are newer reviews for Town Hall Hotel

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed one night in The Town hall apartments and wished we had booked for longer. Comfortable rooms, excellent bar and restaurants on site and a fantastic basement pool. Perfect location only two stops to central London and great links for Luton airport. We had planned a trip into town but stayed at the hotel as it had everything we needed. Cocktails in the bar, a great meal in the Corner Room, a good nights sleep followed by an amazing breakfast, perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, it is nice to read that you found at Town Hall Hotel all what you needed to the point to not even desire to go out! I am glad to read that all contributed to your very satisfactory experience. Let me thank you for the kind words left on Tripadvisor, which summarize all that. See you next time for a longer stay! Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place is now in my favorite top ten :
perfect and kind service; large rooms perfectly equipped; lovely design; dinner and breakfast are soooo homemade !!!
And a 4-minutes walk from a Tube station.....

In short : highly recommended !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for the kind words you left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that we have such a cherished and high position in your heart. It is really difficult to keep the balance and try to always deliver the highest service but this is our goal and your review underlines it. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We booked through Secret Escapes, and can say this is the best London hotel we've ever stayed in. The building itself is grand and impressive, our top floor apartment was brilliant with a large lounge and fully featured kitchen area. We had no problems with being in Bethnal Green, with fast tube links straight into Central London, and bus routes into Shoreditch and the surrounding areas. Staff were, in the most, courteous and helpful. Breakfast was of good quality but overpriced - if some basic cooked items were included, that would have been nearer to reasonable. Would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words left on tripadvisor. I am pleased that you consider us one of the best hotel you have ever stayed in London, this is a privilege. I am glad to read that there are many reasons why you consider us as such: the building, your room, the service and the position in respect to the centre and popular areas nearby. I could not help but to notice about the breakfast. I agree that it is possible to find lower prices for breakfast elsewhere but let me assure you that the difference is because all the products and ingredients are of top quality and included in our mane you find some connoisseur’s choice like the duck eggs, the fresh French Cheeses selections and the cured meats. I noticed with pleasure your last note about coming back, we are looking forward to your next visit.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic, after spending 3 months here with work I can't recommend them enough. I had a great room and they looked after my with and daughter extremely well. ALL staff were fantastic from cleaners right through to front desk and concierge. The corner room and Francois were great to deal with.

Great pool in the basement. Close to many attractions and only 2 blocks from the subway and buses right outside the hotel.

Only thing it is missing is a room service menu with a hamburger on it!!!!

See you next time I'm in London.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operation at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. It is nice to hear that long stay guests appreciate our consistency in delivering our services and our guest care. As the title of your review states, this is really our ultimate goal, make everyone feel at home it does not matter if for only one night or three months. Rest assured we will keep our service at high level and where possible improve them with the aim to produce an evenmore enjoyable experience. As per the concern you expressed on the room service menu, we are revising it and will incorporate some “new entries”..you might have your desire satisfied! See you soon. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Loved my suite with a full kitchen. And the Pool was great. My only complaints were erratic WiFi, minimal TV channel selection , limited room service menu choices and slightly out of the way location. But there is a Tube two blocks away and mini cab office nearby. I 'll return next month and almost forgot, you can save 10£ a day by having breakfast at the cafe around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cayman08
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your words left on TripAdvisor. I am glad you fully enjoyed your experience with us. I could not help but to notice that you had some troubles with the Wi-Fi. The Central line tube, in fact is one of the most important Tube arteries going all the way from East to West. As per the Wi-Fi, we did not receive any other guests comment on it being slow and it would be difficult to assess this now. As per the room service menu, we are looking to bring new options soon and I am sorry to hear that the selection of dishes there were not to your like. please accept my apologies if we did not delivered 100% in some of the areas in this occasion and I hope to be able to welcome you back at THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Don't get me wrong the room was lovely, but what I had a problem was we had to pay a £50 deposit without prior notice.
What if I didn't have £50 in my bank account? I paid for the hotel prior but what if I didn't have a deposit?

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren D
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for comment on left on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you liked the room. I hope you don't mind if I clarify the 50£ charge mentioned on your comment, for which an average score was also given. We did not charge you an extra £50 for you stay at the THH. We took an authorisation from your credit card, therefore no money was ever moved from your account. Authorisations of credit cards are taken to either guarantee any extra charges incurred by using services at the hotel, like, restaurants, bar and rooms service bills, as well as to guarantee for any accidental damaged caused to the apartment and its contents. In addition, this credit card authorisation procedure is not unique to THH but instead is the most common and widely used in the industry across the UK and everywhere else. We are of course sorry that as a consequence of this, you may felt us acting unethically but I can assure you that was not the case. We do not want any of our guest to leave the hotel with unsatisfied feeling and I hope this email helps to clarify your highlighted point. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole