“excellent”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #242 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 April 2014

i can say this is my favorite hotel so far.
I've been here twice, once in 2012 and last time in 2013 and i loved it!
the rooms/apartments are amazing!
very big, very clean and not so far form the city center.
if i will go to London again, i will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest, how nice it is to read that the Town Hall Hotel has a special place in your heart! Thank you for the nice review left on Tripadvisor. Many things can change during the years especially in the hotel business, people comes and go, staff changes, improvements are done..but to read that we still are rated “excellent” is a confirmation that the changes do not affect us and the structure is as flexible as the business require. Rest assure we will keep on our program and always look after our guest! See you next time. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for one night as part of a Secret Escapes deal. Had wanted to stay for a while and was not disappointed. The room was like a mini apartment with kitchen and lounge area and was fantastic. The decor was uber trendy with a mix of old and new, the bed was extremely comfy and we had a great nights sleep. The building was gorgeous but the immediate surrounding area was a bit run down. However London's buzzing East End was only a five minute walk away. Overall would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for your words left on Tripadvisor which summarize very well the Town Hall Hotel philosophy, a quirky trendy place in the heart of the vibrant East End. I am glad to hear that you liked all the characteristics of our structure, the decor, the design and the cosiness of our bedrooms. It was also nice to read your comment about the neighbourhood, up and coming and in continuous transformation. We will me pleased to welcome you and your friends again! Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed for one night to visit Brick Lane and Columbia Road markets. We were upgraded to an apartment on the ground floor. What a beautiful building and the room was just perfect. It was immaculate and such a comfy bed. I would definitely stay again. Worth popping into the Museum of Childhood a few minutes away, part of the V and A, to see the beautiful dolls houses there.

• Stayed: April 2014
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much of your review left on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear of the full appreciation of the hotel and the upgrade. It is great to see you specifically come to experience the East End life but visiting Brick Lane and Columbia Road Marked, which are witnessing an increasing popularity. Nice to know that you took the opportunity to visit the nearby museum, which I agree it is very interesting and quite unique. I hope to be able to welcome you back at THH soon and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed one night with my daughter to attend London Coffee Festival. Our room was immediately changed to twin beds from double bed when I asked. Liked the coffee machine and real milk from fridge in reception. Pool was lovely and gym looked good but didn't use. Didn't have meals there as out and about.
Only design flaw- shampoo etc fixed on opposite side of bath when in shower- a long reach & water then flows all down end of bath. Towels would get soaked if left on end of bath.
Would have liked a mirror in bedroom to dry hair.
We got special rate on Expedia; not sure i would pay normal rate.
Very close to Bethnal Green underground station, but not much to see around the area itself.

Room Tip: Our lower ground floor room was very quiet and comfy- room 7- can be double or twin bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your note left on our TripAdvisor page. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find the hotel facilities to your like. I am pleased to hear that our team was there read to assist you with the beds and that you appreciated the appliances in the suite. I am sorry to hear of the design of the bathroom with the inconvenient reach of the toiletry and the water flaws at the opposite side the bath. I will have this check by our maintenance team immediately. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. Regarding the location of the hotel, it actually has many hidden gems that yet nor fully known or entirely valued by the conventional tourist trait but not less interesting and I hope there will be another opportunity for you to discover this in a future visit. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband booked this hotel for my birthday. He picked it because we both love art deco. We spent the day in London and arrived late afternoon. The reception staff are very helpful. When we arrived they informed us that they had upgraded our room. My husband had done a bit of research on the hotel and asked if we could book to have a tour the following morning. Our room was lovely and exceptionally clean. The room also had cooker, fridge and washing machine. They had also left a birthday card and some macaroon biscuits. We went for a swim the pool is narrow but ample room for 3 people to swim lengths. We had a drink in the bar which was nice and quiet. We did decide to eat in the restaurant but I am a bit of a plain eater and when we looked at the menu decided that there was nothing I would of chosen. The waitress informed us that there was a nice Italian across the road. The bedroom was warm and the bed very comfortable. When we checked out the next morning they asked if we would like to leave our luggage and collect later, which was nice. It is more than what we normally pay but was worth it. If we ever need a hotel in this area again I wouldn't hesitate to rebook.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, let me thank you for the time you dedicated to write your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that we exceeded your expectations in terms of rooms, service and cleanness and that all contributed to a nice birthday treat! It is nice to read about our guest researching information on the hotel and looking forward to verify what they found with their own eyes. I will cascade your nice words to all the relevant departments and we are looking forward to your next visit! Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I live across the pond, but treat myself from time to time, to the bright city lights of London Town....this is my first time staying at Town Hall and it won't be the last!

From the moment of stepping into the lobby to check in, I was made feel welcomed and special, even though I looked like a backpacking delinquent, in scruffy jeans and disheveled hair. The reception in the fine form of an Adonis, or Ignatio as he is named, checked me in and allotted me a ground floor room. Very helpful and polite attention with impressing the notion I could trouble him with anything during my stay.

The hotel itself, rooms and corridors, washrooms and atriums...all decked out in the Art Deco style, imparted a sense of nostalgia of Agatha Christie's Poirot era. Beautiful pieces of furniture and finishes, blending stylishly with modern conveniences and baths.

My room, a standard double, was spacious, with high ceilings and clean. Loads of room with the sweet scented air of verbena, from the in-house toiletries provided by L'Occitane. iPod player (older model, hence with the broader docking attachment), coffee maker, large lime scale-free kettle, functioning strong hair dryer and in-room fridge complete the comfort of the room. There is free WiFi, at a speed fast enough to stream my fav Korean dramas! Bliss!

To get to the hotel couldn't have been more straight forward; I flew Ryanair to Stansted, got the Stansted Express to Liverpool street station, which is just one stop away from the Bethnal Green tube station. This in turn, is just a leisurely 5 minute stroll, with bags, away from the hotel. Other reviewers have commented on the relative remoteness of this hotel to the central happening places, but I found the location ideal. It was no bother using the tube, Central line to connect to the likes of Convent Garden or Oxford Circus.

Around the corner (ok, maybe a good twelve minute fast paced walk) is the Sebright Arms pub, home to great ales, atmosphere and the Lucky Chip burger (street) kitchen, which really does was it is renown to do: a darn good burger!

My stay ended far too quickly, but I can surely say I'll be back!

Room Tip: Perhaps as for the higher floors, as ground level had parquet as flooring, so early morning trolleys...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest, I was completely taken by the genuine admiration expressed by the words of your review left on Tripadvisor. Thank you for such a real eye witness report. I was really pleased to read about the general sensation experienced during your stay but even more by the thorough description of the highlights: very welcoming reception, building character and furniture, room equipment and hotel position. I will pass on your comment to Ignatio and the whole front-desk and I can confirm that this is indeed the very results we devote to deliver to all our guests staying with us. Many thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the Town Hall apartments for 1 night and upon arrival were given a free upgrade to an executive studio. The room was lovely, decor contemporary and everything was provided down to an iron and even an umbrella. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Can't fault the place. 5 star accommodation at 4 star prices.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest, how nice it is to read about your experience very effective although expressed in a synthetic way ! I am very fond of this kind of journalist cut reviews which give you the Town Hall Hotel experience in essence. I am looking forward to welcome you again at the THH!
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole